Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

Is it wrong that I would rather have Assassin's Creed IV "delayed" than Watch Dogs? mellow.png

No. AC4 looks like a good game, but Watch_Dogs really seems like the "true" next-gen experience with the ambition and scale of the game and all.

EDIT:

Not really no. Assassin's Creed has been an annual release for so long now that I'd welcome a new IP with open-arms too.

This too.

Edited by Ghostly Warp

Is it wrong that I would rather have Assassin's Creed IV "delayed" than Watch Dogs? mellow.png

Not really no. Assassin's Creed has been an annual release for so long now that I'd welcome a new IP with open-arms too.

They were pretty much sending it out to die at the hands of GTA V by trying to release it in November. Thank fuck they are actually making a good decision for once...

They were pretty much sending it out to die at the hands of GTA V by trying to release it in November. Thank fuck they are actually making a good decision for once...

Now, this would have made sense if the current-gen release date was in September. But no, it's in November. That's enough time, especially with most people leaning towards the next-gen versions. 

No. AC4 looks like a good game, but Watch_Dogs really seems like the "true" next-gen experience with the ambition and scale of the game and all.

I don't know. I am sick of Ubisoft over hyping their games making them better they are with hi-resolution cutscenes and exaggerated graphics like the coat being blown by the wind in of the Watch Dog previews but then in leaked footage none of high quality graphic features were shown. I don't know if that is just me. I do know quite a few people were disappointed with Assassin's Creed III though.

Now, this would have made sense if the current-gen release date was in September. But no, it's in November. That's enough time, especially with most people leaning towards the next-gen versions. 

But it has to compete with all the other next gen exclusives as well as COD: Ghosts and Battlefield 4. I think their hoping come Spring there will be a gaming drought and they can take advantage of it.

Edited by BW199148

I don't know. I am sick of Ubisoft over hyping their games making look really good with hi-resolution cutscenes and exaggerated graphics. I don't know if that is just me. I do know quite a few people were disappointed with Assassin's Creed III though.

But it has to compete with all the other next gen exclusives as well as COD: Ghosts and Battlefield 4. I think their hoping come Spring there will be a gaming drought and they can take advantage of it.

COD: Ghosts is not next gen exclusive. Neither is Battlefield 4 (although it looks like the game will be much better on next gen). 

COD: Ghosts is not next gen exclusive. Neither is Battlefield 4 (although it looks like the game will be much better on next gen). 

People will still be getting them for Next Gen though. They might choose them over Watch Dogs when they buy their new system. Ubisoft didn't want to take the risk.

People will still be getting them for Next Gen though. They might choose them over Watch Dogs when they buy their new system. Ubisoft didn't want to take the risk.

Considering that the current-gen version of those games don't seem that handicapped compared to the next-gen version, I think more people might go for the version on the console they already have

Edited by Ghostly Warp

Current gen will probably sell more. Call of Duty sells what, 20 million copies each time? With the super small install bases of Next-Gen platforms, it won't be able to reach the milestone.

There's also the fact that some people like to play with their friends. Cool, you got a Xbox One and Call of Duty. All your friends are still on the 360 version.

Considering that the current-gen version of those games don't seem that handicapped compared to the next-gen version, I think more people might go for the version on the console they already have

Doesn't matter version people go for it was still a lot competition for Watch Dogs if was released this coming winter.

Edited by BW199148

Current gen will probably sell more. Call of Duty sells what, 20 million copies each time? With the super small install bases of Next-Gen platforms, it won't be able to reach the milestone.

There's also the fact that some people like to play with their friends. Cool, you got a Xbox One and Call of Duty. All your friends are still on the 360 version.

Super small install base? I wound't go that far. Both consoles (PS4 more so) will probably sell a lot very quickly, although I still agree that the current gen install base will be significantly bigger for a while. 

Delaying Watch dogs hurt the Next Gen Line-up but really saved Ubi's butt. I mean it's not smart releasing anything against BF4 and COD this year. And with GTA basically guaranteeing GOTY (Didn't play last of us) and with many people still burning tons of days with it's online, Watch Dogs was kinda in the eehhh for many. This really hurt PS4's Line-up though. That would have been probably the only game this year i would have bought with the system besides BF4. At least I'm happy it's delayed. I have time to save up for the next gen, and then when I get the money, I'll have a ton of games to play. Smart Ubi. Smart. 

• 3 months later...

RisingForever posted this in the Wii U topic, but I thought I'd move discussion over to here where it's more relevant.

GAMESTOP ITALY TELLING CUSTOMERS WATCH DOGS WII U CANCELED?

Italian Nintendo blog Wii Italia is reporting that GameStop stores across Italy are telling customers that the Wii U version has been cancelled by Ubisoft. The rumour originally came from one of their readers who tried to pre-order the game at multiple GameStop stores in Italy, so the site decided to ring the stores and place pre-orders but were told that Ubisoft has cancelled the game on the platform. Hopefully Ubisoft should be able to clarify what’s going on with the Wii U version of Watch Dogs over the next few days.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/01/23/gamestop-italy-telling-customers-watch-dogs-wii-u-canceled/

Really hope this isn't the case. I was hoping to get this on Wii U, since I can't afford an Xbox One or PS4 yet. If this happens, I'll have to get it on Xbox 360 or PS3. 

While the title of the article screams clickbait to me (typical from My Nintendo News, by the way), I don't see any real evidence of the game being cancelled since, for instance, Amazon Italy, American GameStop’s, and Canadian EB Games are still taking pre-orders.

What baffles me is how they quickly jumped on posting these rumors like it ain't no thing. Just because one GameStop retailer around the world decided to stop taking pre-orders, suddenly the game has been cancelled on the Wii U, without any confirmation from Ubisoft to support such claim whatsoever. Games journalism at its finest, once again! -.-;

Now one thing I gotta leave clear: if Ubisoft ever decided to cancel Watch Dogs on the Wii U all of a sudden, I'd be majorly pissed off at 'em. Hope that won't be the case though, otherwise it'll be an incredibly stupid move from Ubisoft.

We have no confirmation yet that Watch_Dogs is canceled for a Wii U release. But I'll not be surprised if they do. The Wii U is a sinking ship, and Ubisoft don't want to waste more money publishing and licensing the game then distributing copies across the globe.

And if Watch_Dogs is canceled, then that's it. I don't think Wii U will not get 3rd party titles from Acti, Ubi and EA ever with an exception of LEGO, movie licensed and shovelware games.

This comes across as further scaremongering the Wii U fans in a deeper depression.

Things are so bad for Nintendo and the Wii U right now that one of the consoles most hotly anticipated third party games getting cancelled with a couple of months to go would be a total disaster, if it wasn't already a disastrous situation.

Like, it would be so terrible it wouldn't seem true.

• Thumbs Up 1

What do you mean “We have nothing to comment at this stage,”, Ubisoft?! Either the Wii U version is cancelled or it's not >_<
http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/24/watch-dogs-wii-u-uk-retailers-still-taking-preorders-ubisoft-responds/

This sounds like they are preparing a cancellation announcement :-/

EDIT:

CVG has been given a similar statement: "We have nothing to comment at the moment,".
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/446613/wii-u-version-of-watch-dogs-rumoured-to-be-scrapped/

What do you mean “We have nothing to comment at this stage,”, Ubisoft?! Either the Wii U version is cancelled or it's not >_<

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/24/watch-dogs-wii-u-uk-retailers-still-taking-preorders-ubisoft-responds/

This sounds like they are preparing a cancellation announcement :-/

It does seem to be leaning more towards them cancelling it than not now, which is such a shame. I was really looking forward to playing Watch Dogs on Wii U, and the GamePad could have brought a lot of cool stuff to the whole hacking concept. I can totally understand why they'd do it from a business perspective, but still... way to kick Nintendo while they're down if it's true wacko.png

Let's hope this is just all one big rumour or misunderstanding - but I'll brace myself for the worst, just in case.

I wonder if they are just cancelling the WiiU version in Europe, because its apparently doing way worse there than in the NA.

Nintendo has responded. Still no help, though understandable.

UPDATE: Nintendo has replied to us on the matter. A rep just told me, “I’m afraid we wouldn’t be able to comment on a Ubisoft title,” which makes sense, but it was worth a shot.

More as we hear it.

Seriously, it would be stupid to cancel it. That's a lot of money down the drain. And before someone tells me that it's a lot of money down the drain no matter what, it's better to release it and recoup some of the money than just straight up cancel the release.

• Thumbs Up 1

They're the ones who run the business. Unless you know the precise cost of publishing, manufacturing, and shipping versus the cost of development thus far I don't think that's up to you to judge.

Assassins Creed 3 cost a lot of money to port and sold like shit. They've been more than patient with this console and if they finally decided to call it quits I don't think it's fair to blame them when they're one of the few who bothered giving it a chance in the first place.