Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

I don't think anyone cares how Ristar looks. Kirby's a featureless ball too.

I think Sumo cares, they put a lot of thought into how characters will fit in with the cast and how they'll appear from all angles. I'm not saying I care, I'd be totally cool with Ristar in a Ri-car. It's just that Sumo might easily not include him for aesthetic reasons.

That would be a completely lame excuse to not have him in. He's the second most popular request next to Vectorman but neither of them get in because they can't make them look nice? That's a complete ripoff.

I really think everyone asking for him is fully aware that he's a black ball with pointy yellow bits from behind. They don't care. I certainly don't.

• Thumbs Up 1

He's the second most popular request next to Vectorman

He is? How did you come to that conclusion.... don't say it was a Sega forums pol.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest, I don't get why people want Ristar. Is he REALLY the second most requested? I know in my little circle of SEGA fan friends, none of us have him on our list of must haves. Maybe it's a Sonic community thing, since both Vectorman and Ristar were prominent in the Sonic Genesis compilation discs for the Gamecube/XBOX/PS2?

To be honest, I don't get why people want Ristar. Is he REALLY the second most requested? I know in my little circle of SEGA fan friends, none of us have him on our list of must haves. Maybe it's a Sonic community thing, since both Vectorman and Ristar were prominent in the Sonic Genesis compilation discs for the Gamecube/XBOX/PS2?

Because he was in a good classic Sega game?

• Thumbs Up 2

PsyvhoJosh, you never answered my question on how you know Mega Man isn't in.

And really not a single fuck is given.

If no one cares, why did so many reply?

If no one cares, why did so many reply?

That doesn't mean that they cared. I'm just glad it's finally confirmed.

They and you obviously cared enough to answer.

And thats all there is to it. If he's suddenly lost interest and cancel his preorder and say that the character roster is bad (and Sumo haven't even announce the other racers yet) cause Banjo and Kazooie isn't guest characters again then I'm not going to sympathize and beg him to still give the game a chance. That's his loss.

Edited by sonfan1984

The Ristar requests always seemed like bandwagon jumping to me. Hardly anyone gave a crap about him before the run up to the first ASR.

The fact that Danica posted about this game appearing at PAX probably suggests we are going to see her in-game look there.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Ristar requests always seemed like bandwagon jumping to me. Hardly anyone gave a crap about him before the run up to the first ASR.

Maybe in the Sonic community, but everytime I talked with someone about Sega Mega Drive games most of the people would talk about Ristar or would knew about him.

I think that the game being made by Sonic Team also helps him get recognized.

That doesn't mean that they cared. I'm just glad it's finally confirmed.

They and you obviously cared enough to answer.

The fact that Danica posted about this game appearing at PAX probably suggests we are going to see her in-game look there.

I saw a lot of people wishing for Ristar in ASR. Hence him having a cameo in DE.

Frankly, if you're the type to ask such a question, you won't understand the explanation as to why he's not in. So I won't even bother.

Edited by PsychoJosh

If you're the type to ask such a question, you really won't understand the answer as to why he's not in.

Oh for fuck's sake.

Instead of being a snarky ass, answer the damn question. I assume you can't, though. You apparently only think there's no chance of him getting in, so you act as if it's a sure thing.

• Thumbs Up 5

Jesus fucking christ, MEGAMAN IS NOT IN THE GAME. PERIOD. GET OVER IT.

I honestly don't understand how you can even consider him a possibility. You'd have to be completely devoid of any logic. Just because Archie Comics is doing an unrelated crossover with the brands?

Why is Mega Man suddenly no chance in hell? Granted I don't think he'll be in, but then again Wrech It Ralph? Danica? Those were as crazy as you can get, and they happened.

• Thumbs Up 1

Megaman does not belong to Sega, he has no upcoming or recent games, he has no relation to Sega in any way, and doing a cross promotion with him would be utterly pointless. But you still think he's going to be in. For no real reason other than the fact that he and Sonic have an ongoing comic series produced by an unrelated company.

Frankly, if you're the type to ask such a question, you won't understand the explanation as to why he's not in. So I won't even bother.

This is code for "I'm too lazy to just answer the damn question so I'm gonna be an ass about it.

I don't think Megaman fans actually do much thinking in this regard. They just think he's a given in any all-star crossover title because he's Megaman. They assumed such for Super Smash Bros. Brawl as well yet it never happened. Hell, he wasn't even in UMVC3, a game OWNED BY CAPCOM. So why do you think he has a chance in hell?

And again, neither Ralph or Danica (...) belong to SEGA. There's a cross over of the two coming, which is as related as the Sonic cameo in Wreck it Ralph or SEGA sponsoring Danica.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is code for "I'm too lazy to just answer the damn question so I'm gonna be an ass about it.

And my point has been proven.

Considering fucking Danica Patrick is in this game, Megaman has about as much of a chance as anyone else.

• Thumbs Up 1

No he doesn't. Danica is sponsored by Sega and they're using her to advertise the game. Ralph is also being used to advertise the game. Megaman has no such advertising power and oh my god why am I even seriously discussing this

No he doesn't. Danica is sponsored by Sega and they're using her to advertise the game. Ralph is also being used to advertise the game. Megaman has no such advertising power and oh my god why am I even seriously discussing this

Danica is here to promote the game and NASCAR. (To some degree)

Ralph is here to promote the game and his film.

Mega Man could be there to promote the game because, hey, I'd heard of him before Danica, so he's decently well known, and he has that comic crossover.

• Thumbs Up 1