Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Anyone else want some Valkryia chronicles representation in the game?

Well, they can't drive the Edelweiss (sp?) so it won't happen from a racer standpoint, but running and gunning through a stage set in Europa would be flat out gorgeous.

If you give Vyse a quip or a blurb somewhere referring to his days in the Milita, it could totally serve as a pretty cool homage though.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what will get this topic locked really quickly? More stupid character arguments.

Stop.

I thought that they were just carrying on a nice conversation, personally. mellow.png

edit: Nevermind; I see.

Edited by Unidus

About VC? Originally I thought the series would have been better suited to Battle Royale, being a PS exclusive, but I'm having second thought about that. I've seen some people want Selvaria in as a racer, but I doubt it because of the whole "she dies" thing.

Well, they can't drive the Edelweiss (sp?) so it won't happen from a racer standpoint, but running and gunning through a stage set in Europa would be flat out gorgeous.

If you give Vyse a quip or a blurb somewhere referring to his days in the Milita, it could totally serve as a pretty cool homage though.

I actually feel the opposite. While they can't make the Edelweiss a vehicle, they could always make a vehicle based on it. I mean, Vyse could never drive the Delphinus, but his vechile takes heavy inspiration from it.

Delphinus.jpg7956aa1bf708f06bffa1f16f2946cf24.jpg

Plus, Shadow's vehicle already has tank treads on it.

I personally don't think a stage would work out to well considering the world of Valkyria Chronicles is mostly pretty flat. There's a lot of varied landscapes but they feel like they're far away from eachother, and I can't think of many stages that would really cater to moving from land to water to air.

Also, Valkyria Chronicles and Skies of Arcadia are still totally different universes, despite the character cameos.

About VC? Originally I thought the series would have been better suited to Battle Royale, being a PS exclusive, but I'm having second thought about that. I've seen some people want Selvaria in as a racer, but I doubt it because of the whole "she dies" thing.

But she did get the extra DLC support in the original and she was a secret unlock in II, so Selvaria B. wouldn't be been a bad choice. Even if she's dead.

Welkin and Alicia would also make for fine representation as well. (They are probably a better choice anyway) Shoot, the All-Star move writes itself.

I actually feel the opposite. While they can't make the Edelweiss a vehicle, they could always make a vehicle based on it. I mean, Vyse could never drive the Delphinus, but his vechile takes heavy inspiration from it.

You could, but a tank kinda loses its appeal if its not a tank. Where's the fun in driving around in a 20 pound war machine?

I can almost imagine it, but to maintain the intimidation factor and keep a look that's true to its sketchy artstyle... that's a toughie.

Also, Valkyria Chronicles and Skies of Arcadia are still totally different universes, despite the character cameos.

I know, but if we don't get anything from VC, I'd be happy that they at the very least acknowledged one of the coolest cameos this decade.

Yeah, Welkin and Alicia are a better choice.

You could, but a tank kinda loses its appeal if its not a tank. Where's the fun in driving around in a 20 pound war machine?

I can almost imagine it, but to maintain the intimidation factor and keep a look that's true to its sketchy artstyle... that's a toughie.

Just to let you know; I shot a question to SumoRex on another forum related to this, and he said he's trying to make everything look as if it belongs in one game.

But an Edelweiss based vehicle? Have it transform into something the ISARA biplane and SUMO may be on to something. Could serve as a nice contrast to Shadow. Old military vs. New military.

And you could always reference the cameo in an achievement.

Edited by FourCartridge

Just to let you know; I shot a question to SumoRex on another forum related to this, and he said he's trying to make everything look as if it belongs in one game.

Even so Sumo does seem to be looking to homage as much as possible. If not with the artstyle, then with the design of the vehicle itself. Any Edelweiss cart would still need to have something that makes it resemble the real deal... could they latch a tank cannon on a go-kart?

But an Edelweiss based vehicle? Have it transform into something the ISARA biplane and SUMO may be on to something. Could serve as a nice contrast to Shadow. Old military vs. New military.

If they were to pick Selvaria, then they could go really old-school with a Blimp design for the air transformation. That could be pretty cool.

And you could always reference the cameo in an achievement.

Works for me.

Even so Sumo does seem to be looking to homage as much as possible. If not with the artstyle, then with the design of the vehicle itself. Any Edelweiss cart would still need to have something that makes it resemble the real deal... could they latch a tank cannon on a go-kart?

Yeah, but then you'd have people wondering which button fires the thing. XD

If they were to pick Selvaria, then they could go really old-school with a Blimp design for the air transformation. That could be pretty cool.

Donno about this one. The Bonanza Bros. are much better suited to a blimp, IMO. It is their signature getaway method.

Yeah, but then you'd have people wondering which button fires the thing. XD

That's what the ASM is for. ^^

(Although a more creative usage would be to let it fire a "blank" in the place of a horn or something)

A little tweaking and you could build a whole mission around it. It'll be awesome.

Donno about this one. The Bonanza Bros. are much better suited to a blimp, IMO. It is their signature getaway method.

Just something else for Sumo to juggle, depending on who is/isn't on the chopping block for this go round.

You know what will get this topic locked really quickly? More stupid character arguments.

Stop.

Edited by Shego13

That and Sakura Taisen representation if the game gets a Japanese release. That would please a lot of Japanese customers.

Do we know if Metal's coming back? I thought that since his stage was, he would, too, but I could live without him.

Edited by HyperMetalWario

Probably. Does kinda make sense as the last Sonic racer, and why do the DLC track without the racer?. What he'll drive kinda draws a blank from me, but they'll think of something.

Probably. Does kinda make sense as the last Sonic racer, and why do the DLC track without the racer?. What he'll drive kinda draws a blank from me, but they'll think of something.

Another reason this game's missing out with not having a story: Metal and Reala teaming up to kick ass.

And yeah, I imagine that, if we get another Sonic racer, it'll be Metal Sonic, since he's the most relevant character beyond (or within, as Knuckles and Shadow seem to be being downplayed as of late) the characters we've already got. I'm really glad that Sega's pushing him as Robotnik's go-to robot nowadays. Let's hope that he starts making appearances in the main series, as well.

SUPER EDIT: HOLY ASSCRACKERS

Metal Sonic's vehicle is HIMSELF. He has three different modules: Land, sea, and air. Land resembles his motorcycle-thing from the previous game, except he's actually built into it, with his legs and arms latched into sockets with which he can control the vehicle as if it was an extension of his body (which it would be :V). The sea version would be similar, but have a wider bottom and a sharper front, resembling a jet-ski or speed boat. Metal would be almost completely laying down during this form. And air?

Air would be RocketMetal.

Edited by HyperMetalWario
  • Thumbs Up 3

He did get a boss fight in Generations, so Metal really is getting more focus as of late, and now that Orbot and Cubot seem to have been stranded in space, there's not much competition of Robotnik's #2 dump robot.

Actually it's one of the slim chances I have my fingers crossed for. I'd love to be Welkin with Alicia in the Edelweiss. Not sure how a boat or flight vehicle would work, but judging from other characters in this game already, I'm sure they could figure out something that somewhat works. Maybe using the Valkyeria power thing to fly, or just making the tank into a boat form or something easy.

But yeah, the first Valkyria Chronicles is one of my favorite games on PS3, I'd love for them to make it in, at least some how.

Actually it's one of the slim chances I have my fingers crossed for. I'd love to be Welkin with Alicia in the Edelweiss. Not sure how a boat or flight vehicle would work, but judging from other characters in this game already, I'm sure they could figure out something that somewhat works. Maybe using the Valkyeria power thing to fly, or just making the tank into a boat form or something easy.

But yeah, the first Valkyria Chronicles is one of my favorite games on PS3, I'd love for them to make it in, at least some how.

Yeah. The only thing I see maybe holding them back might be vehicles, but I'm sure they could find some way to make it work, yet feel like it's from that game. Some remixed music would also be nice.

Well, what about the vehicle Metal Sonic was driving in S4E2?

Well, what about the vehicle Metal Sonic was driving in S4E2?

You mean that weird, totally un-Metal Sonic-y ship thing from Sky Chase Wing Fortress Sky Fortress?

Bleugh. No thanks. I love how the game insisted that Metal Sonic constantly use vehicles when he can ALREADY FLY THE SPEED OF SOUND. It's like Shadow the Hedgehog all over again.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love how the game insisted that Metal Sonic constantly use vehicles when he can ALREADY FLY THE SPEED OF SOUND. It's like Shadow the Hedgehog all over again.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Oooh, what if a re-branded (i.e. re-painted) Rocket serves as Metal's flight mode? That would be sweet.

What...would he just like...pull it out of his ass?

• Thumbs Up 1

His entire kart could be a modded out rocket car built out of Tails' rocket.

He'd just be screaming down the track yelling trolololololololololo*buySonic4Episode2*lololololololo

I think his vehicle should be made up of the discarded parts of Silver and Mecha Sonic. That way, when he passes people on the track, he AND his vehicle could flip people off.

• Thumbs Up 1