Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Why not just recommend Stewie Griffin while we're talking about cartoons that have nothing to do with this game at all and no chance of cross promotion.

Yes, Yes; and could we throw Shin Chan in there too? lololololz

Edited by Unidus

You guys are insane, what we need are the 80's TMNT there.

At least they have ground/air/water based vehicles.

• Thumbs Up 5

These choices are all complete nonsense. Obviously the only logical choice for a guest character is Sgt. Major Kululu riding on his saucer. His All-Star move would involve him summoning the Kulubot and wreaking some havok.

tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I just want to throw my "Phoenix Wright in the Blue Badgermobile" idea back out here...

I believe.

• Thumbs Up 7

So guys, what characters will be appearing in which system?

I'll be taking a few guesses right now:

Metal Sonic & Danica Patrick- PS3

Xbox Avatar- Xbox 360

Wreck-It Ralph & Mii- Wii U

Heh heh... man, I don't like this idea...

I mean, all the systems the game is coming on support DLC, so maybe a FEW characters can be cross-platform that aren't originally. At least, I hope so.

I REALLY want Banjo to come back. Did you all know he was supposed to have a kart racer for 360 that got cancelled?

That's where his car in ASR came from. That's just incredible.

He would fit this game like a glove if he were to come back, he would be the link between Sega and Nintendo's universes, starting in a car/boat/plane racing game with Diddy Kong and ending up in a car/boat/plane racing game with Sonic. He MUST be in this game, driving a DKR-styled (albeit upgraded) vehicle. Banjo in ASRT would seriously be legendary.

• Thumbs Up 1

I REALLY want Banjo to come back. Did you all know he was supposed to have a kart racer for 360 that got cancelled?

That's where his car in ASR came from. That's just incredible.

He would fit this game like a glove if he were to come back, he would be the link between Sega and Nintendo's universes, starting in a car/boat/plane racing game with Diddy Kong and ending up in a car/boat/plane racing game with Sonic. He MUST be in this game, driving a DKR-styled (albeit upgraded) vehicle. Banjo in ASRT would seriously be legendary.

Banjo is dead. Microsoft doesn't give two shits about Rare's IPs (because Rare is BARELY a shadow of its former self, among other things), except to milk the few nostalgic fans who still have hope. If he's in as the 360's exclusive, he'll have a boring, generic Nuts n' Bolts vehicle made of blocks or some shit. He will have a boring, completely unrelated All-Star move that has nothing to do with Banjo's games, personality, or the mythos of his world, instead raining Jiggies (which has never been a mechanic or event in any of Banjo's games ever) from the sky, because there TOTALLY ISN'T A MOVE THAT BANJO CAN USE TO MAKE HIMSELF INVINCIBLE* or SOME MIRACULOUS PAIR OF SHOES THAT MAKE KAZOOIE RUN REALLY FAST* or A PAIR OF SHAMAN WHO CAN TURN THE PAIR INTO A T-REX, TANK, ARMORED VAN, ETC* or something. Because none of that was in Nuts n' Bolts, which is the only game Microsoft will recognize as a Banjo game.

*These things are all things that would've been better All-Star moves that are actually relevant and good.

Edited by HyperMetalWario
  • Thumbs Up 1

Its not everyday that I get a chance to play as the celebrity such as Danica Patrick. I hope she can be on xbox 360 edition. I have 3Ds as well. And hopefully that Sonic,NiGHTS, Vectorman,Akira Yuki, BIlly Hatcher,Vyse,Ulala,and Amigo can be on Xbox 360 version. As well as most of the other Sega characters will be on 360.

Edited by Shego13

Shego13, We've seen Ralph in the PS3 Build, so there's no way he's gonna be exclusive to WiiU/3DS

If he's in as the 360's exclusive, he'll have a boring, generic Nuts n' Bolts vehicle made of blocks or some shit.

Or his car from the first game with added transformations..

He will have a boring, completely unrelated All-Star move that has nothing to do with Banjo's games, personality, or the mythos of his world, instead raining Jiggies (which has never been a mechanic or event in any of Banjo's games ever)

You mean like Knuckles flying around on the Master Emerald or Big riding around on a giant Froggy or Tails shooting tornados at people?

Because none of that was in Nuts n' Bolts, which is the only game Microsoft will recognize as a Banjo game..

And yet the first two games had HD-rereleases.

• Thumbs Up 1

For some reason, the front of Knuckles vehicle kind of reminds me of Super Metal Sonic from Chaotix:

3FLKX.png

9utZk.jpg

Thats a pretty good spot, and pure coincidence I assure you!

His vehicle front end is supposed to reflect his own head shape with the extended bits being his, erm dreads.

But you're right, it is reminiscent of that image.

• Thumbs Up 8

Or his car from the first game with added transformations..

You're saying that like it isn't a generic Nuts n' Bolts vehicle. Point still stands

You mean like Knuckles flying around on the Master Emerald or Big riding around on a giant Froggy or Tails shooting tornados at people?

Okay, thanks for pointing out other random All-Star moves. My point STILL stands.

And yet the first two games had HD-rereleases.

And yet, it sure as fuck didn't influence Banjo in the first installment of ASR even a little. In the third round, my point still stands, winning by judges' decision.

Banjo as BK/BT fans knew him is gone. Banjo as Microsoft's bitch is all that's left.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey guys. I hate to ask but which one or few of the platforms do you think will have most Sega characters? With the new feature of the Specific Character Rosters that Sumo Digital just spoken, its hard to pick.

Hey guys. I hate to ask but which one or few of the platforms do you think will have most Sega characters? With the new feature of the Specific Character Rosters that Sumo Digital just spoken, its hard to pick.

WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE

I have to buy a certain console to play as characters that AREN'T controlled by copyright and thus available ONLY on said console? So, say for example, one system has NiGHTS, then another has NiGHTS AND Reala?

...way to be gay as shit, Sega.

EDIT: Oh.

All the HD consoles and the PC version will have the most Sega characters. You're misunderstanding S0L's words. He meant that certain platforms (such as the PS Vita and 3DS) will have less characters, not that Sega characters will be exclusives.

All the HD consoles and the PC version will have the most Sega characters. You're misunderstanding S0L's words. He meant that certain platforms (such as the PS Vita and 3DS) will have less characters, not that Sega characters will be exclusives.

Oh. I see. Sorry about that. I just getting a little worried about what they will be revealing next in the making of the ASR sequel. If what you're saying is true, then thank goodness. Because I like to play as all of the Sega characters in the races and in the Grand Prix.

Edited by Shego13

You're saying that like it isn't a generic Nuts n' Bolts vehicle. Point still stands

The vehicle fit Banjo, so that's what's important. If it's generic so is everyone else's, which I don't think. I'm curious, what would you have wanted?

Okay, thanks for pointing out other random All-Star moves. My point STILL stands.

Yes, I pointed the others out. A lot of All-Star Moves are only based on the games, but aren't ripped from them. Banjo collects Jiggies, so he uses them against the opponnents, it doesn't matter if it's not an attack ripped directly from the games. It fits Banjo. And it was a pretty good move. Golden Feathers or Turbo Trotters and transformations would've just been Super Sonic recolors, so they would've been boring. Your argument about the mythos is nonsense. The fact that you say Jiggy Rain has nothing to do with the games just shows me you don't know what you're talking about.

And yet, it sure as fuck didn't influence Banjo in the first installment of ASR even a little. In the third round, my point still stands, winning by judges' decision.

This is just silly. Of course this game will use things from the latest game. This doesn't have anything to do with your point, though, so it hardly still stands.

• Thumbs Up 1

The vehicle fit Banjo, so that's what's important. If it's generic so is everyone else's, which I don't think. I'm curious, what would you have wanted?

Diddy Kong Racing. Vanjo. Anything that wasn't just "Hey look this car looks like it was made in Nuts n' Bolts".

Golden Feathers or Turbo Trotters and transformations would've just been Super Sonic recolors,

About 1/3 of the characters in this game have "Go really fast and hurt other people" as their All-Star moves. Banjo may collect Jiggies, but the only power they have behind them is symbolic or readily inacted by the spells that Grunty/Jiggywiggy use. While you could argue the same thing with Froggy, the Master Emerald HAS been shown to give others a boost in power from time to time, and it would only make sense that Knuckles could use it to fly really fast and hurt people (Super Knuckles). At least with Golden Feathers or Turbo Trainers, it would've been relevant. Also, you left out the transformations, which really would've been the ultimate All-Star move in terms of nostalgia, fitting Banjo as a character, and actually granting powers to him. Stomping through the course as a T-Rex may have just been remodeled Super Sonic, but it sure as fuck would've been more fun than raining Jiggies or even Super Sonic himself.

This is just silly. Of course this game will use things from the latest game. This doesn't have anything to do with your point, though, so it hardly still stands.

The fact that they ignored two entire games full of super-powered invincibility moves in order to give Banjo and Kazooie some random "LOOK IT'S THE WRENCH FROM NUTS AND BOLTS DOING SOMETHING IT DIDN'T EVEN DO IN NUTS AND BOLTS" kinda drives my point home. I can at least understand why they gave Banjo a Nuts and Bolts vehicle, but the fact that they made up some stupid All-Star move instead of using one from his past is retarded.

I don't even know why you're trying to convince me that Nuts and Bolts Banjo is okay. He isn't, especially to anyone who has EVER played the first two.

I'm afraid we'll have to take this to PM or something, though, because odds are the police are going to come, delete this argument, and then threaten to lock the thread.

Just as food for thought, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Microsoft gave SUMO very tight specification on what to do with Banjo. I'm sure it included "only reference the new Xbox game".

• Thumbs Up 2

Microsoft: Ok, we want you to stay as close to the game WE made as possible.

SUMO: Why?

Microsoft: Because we said so.

SUMO: Ok. *makes game*

A few SSMB Members: I'm mad at SUMO for screwing this up.

SUMO: ...

Microsoft: HA HA!

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the heads up. I might try it!

It was actually really fun and challenged your creativity, people just didn't like it because it wasn't another collectathon platformer like the first two.

• Thumbs Up 1