Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

No. Earthworm Jim. Or if of has to be Nick-related, Kitty Kattswell from Tuff Puppy.

Earthworm Jim would be cool, but I hardly know who Kitty Kattswell is...

Edited by Winston

Ok, Miku is officialy out, can we please be civilized again? What other characther from Japan it could be? It was said that this SoJ negociation was about the guest char or simply A char/IP? Because it could be Segata Sanshiro. Who knows how many licenses he is under? He's pretty famous.

Edited by Jango

Megaman is the only third party character I can think of with a recent connection to SEGA. That would be so awesome.

Can we.. not talk about characters that aren't Sega related for a few pages? I don't understand why we have to constantly speculate and bicker about them instead of ones I actually give a fuck about. XP

I blame all this nonsense on the sudden focus towards non-Sega stuff. Two major character announcements in such a short time that don't have anything do do with Sonic or Sega is lame as hell. We don't even know if characters like Ryo Hazuki or Alex Kidd are in the game yet we've got Danica Patrick and Wreck-It Ralph.

It's kind of ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 3

Can we.. not talk about characters that aren't Sega related for a few pages? I don't understand why we have to constantly speculate and bicker about them instead of ones I actually give a fuck about. XP

I blame all this nonsense on the sudden focus towards non-Sega stuff. Two major character announcements in such a short time that don't have anything do do with Sonic or Sega is lame as hell. We don't even know if characters like Ryo Hazuki or Alex Kidd are in the game yet we've got Danica Patrick and Wreck-It Ralph.

It's kind of ridiculous.

We got the NiGHTS and Reala announcement between Danica and Ralph..

The SEGA characters I want in most still are Ristar and Toejam & Earl.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know we got the NiGHTS announcement between the two, but that still doesn't take away the fact that the two announcements were so close together. You would think there would be a more considerable gap.

You know, maybe have the Wreck-It Ralph announcement closer to the actual release of the movie?

I know we got the NiGHTS announcement between the two, but that still doesn't take away the fact that the two announcements were so close together. You would think there would be a more considerable gap.

You know, maybe have the Wreck-It Ralph announcement closer to the actual release of the movie?

I don't think there's any harm in having announced Danica and Ralph so close together. It was all for the sake of having new stuff to show off at three big events, two of which were solely for the fans. Danica's whole involvement will be forever weird but when better to show off Ralph than at Sonic Boom, where they also revealed Sonic's cameo in the movie? If you're going to build up interest, it's best not to leave it until the last minute. This game and that movie are releasing in very close proximity.

I digress though. There's absolutely no fucking point in speculating who the third-party characters may be because it can only lead lead to the most mundane of arguments. Who in their right mind would have guessed Danica Patrick would be in?

• Thumbs Up 1

Who knows, maybe they will have someone like Lewis Hamilton or Jensen Button in. If Danica's there to appear to the NASCAR audience, then appealing to the F1 audience is theoretically far more profitable since its got global recognition.

I digress though. There's absolutely no fucking point in speculating who the third-party characters may be because it can only lead lead to the most mundane of arguments. Who in their right mind would have guessed Danica Patrick would be in?

The third guest character could be anybody. It could even be Justin Bieber for crying out loud!

I don't think it'll be that ridiculous. The main thing to consider is what kind of non-Sega property would benefit from exposure in this. A racing sport does, and so does a character in a film about crossing over video games. I guess other video game icons would as well, but then that goes the opposite way and is possibly too narrow.

I don't think it'll be that ridiculous. The main thing to consider is what kind of non-Sega property would benefit from exposure in this. A racing sport does, and so does a character in a film about crossing over video games. I guess other video game icons would as well, but then that goes the opposite way and is possibly too narrow.

Well for starters, Justin is more well known than Danica. Justin Bieber likes video games. He loves his Xbox 360 and plays it with his friends now and again. That's really enough for him to feature in this game.

Imagine when Justin himself announces to his fans (and you know, he has millions), that you can play as him in Transformed. More sales for the game and that's what Sega needs.

• Thumbs Up 1

If the world was perfect, then we'd get Phoenix Wright driving the Blue Badgermobile.

But it isn't, so we won't.

I'm curious who this mysterious 3rd character will be, but I'm more curious about other SEGA characters are going to be in it. Still banking on Sketch Turner. As of now, I see myself playing as Tails, because Tails was my main in S&SASR (then those bastards pick him before I can online so I have to use Ryo or something). Might try out Ralph, but he seems like one of those bulkier characters, which I personally dislike.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well for starters, Justin is more well known than Danica. Justin Bieber likes video games. He loves his Xbox 360 and plays it with his friends now and again. That's really enough for him to feature in this game.

Imagine when Justin himself announces to his fans (and you know, he has millions), that you can play as him in Transformed. More sales for the game and that's what Sega needs.

What I said was what the non-sega properties would benefit from it, not what Sega would benefit from it. Justin Bieber's branding would likely have nothing to gain from being in this.

Not too long ago I had a strange dream that Mariah Carey was going to be in the game. In return she would be doing a song and video about Sonic (much like Snoop Dogg did with Tekken)

Completely bonkers and very unlikely I know, but my dreams have sometimes been quite prophetic. Now where's my straight jacket...

• Thumbs Up 3

I was joking at first, but then I got to think about it. Could be possible.

But two hours later, I just think what I said was stupid. Besides the last thing I want is Bieber in this game. Moving on.

Ok, Miku is officially out, can we please be civilized again? Which other characters from Japan it could be? It was said that this SoJ negotiation was about the guest char or simply A char/IP? Because it could be Segata Sanshiro. Who knows how many licenses he is under? He's pretty famous.

• Thumbs Up 1

I forgot about the Hello Kitty stuff... I don't really care about HK, but I'm sure my little sister would like that.

More relevant to this thread than the general thread, so reposting Sol's character-related answer thing here.

This probably goes the same for Sakura Shinguji due to the Sakura Taisen franchise are owned by both Sega and Red meaning that they both share the IP?

venoma.jpg

This guy. His vehicle would be a gooey, living motorcycle made from symbiote, with a lot of sharp, white, claw-like edges. During air sections, the vehicle would grow sharp, bony wings like the Vulturlings from Web of Shadows, and during water sections, it would turn into a jet ski that trailed inky black symbiote as he drove. His All-Star move would be Alien Hunger, which would immediately devour the nearest racer and take them permanently out of the race, as well as giving Venom a massive speed boost.

EDIT: It would, of course, be Eddie B. Venom, the original and best Venom.

Obviously , I'm not being serious, but watch somebody post "I highly doubt Venom will get in." etc.

Edited by HyperMetalWario
  • Thumbs Up 3

I highly doubt Venom would ge- *shot*

even mentioning Bieber for this game makes my face turn sour like a lemon, if he got confirmed as a racer it would be enough to put me off buying the game, period.

• Thumbs Up 1

even mentioning Bieber for this game makes my face turn sour like a lemon, if he got confirmed as a racer it would be enough to put me off buying the game, period.

I don't think Sumo would do something like that, I hope not atleast...

• Thumbs Up 2

I highly doubt Venom would ge- *shot*

I wouldn't mind having him in as long as there was a 10-20 minute cutscene of Venom Reala clawing his eyes out.

lolbut I doubt we have to worry about ol' Biebs getting in. Neither Sega nor whoever his agent is have nothing to gain from him being in the game. He honestly isn't the ABSOLUTE worst person they could throw in, though.

Edited by HyperMetalWario

Ok, Miku is officialy out, can we please be civilized again? What other characther from Japan it could be? It was said that this SoJ negociation was about the guest char or simply A char/IP? Because it could be Segata Sanshiro. Who knows how many licenses he is under? He's pretty famous.

So. Hatsune Miku didn't make it after all. I guess that I will have to wait to see who will be the third guest character.