Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

They keep playing ASR on Breaking Bad, makes me wonder if Walt & Jesse are the final guest characters in a tag team car. Their all-star could be Walt throwing bags of fulminated mercury at the other racers.

• Thumbs Up 1

They keep playing ASR on Breaking Bad, makes me wonder if Walt & Jesse are the final guest characters in a tag team car. Their all-star could be Walt throwing bags of fulminated mercury at the other racers.

And what perfect addition would they make to the roster in an E10 game. :3

P.S. I know I'm a noob here and what not; and I hate when people do this to me. But, doesn't that belong in the character roster thread? smile.png

And what perfect addition would they make to the roster in an E10 game. :3

P.S. I know I'm a noob here and what not; and I hate when people do this to me. But, doesn't that belong in the character roster thread? smile.png

well....this is the RACER ROSTER thread. wink.png

well....this is the RACER ROSTER thread. wink.png

Well, when ya put it that way... that's what I get for having 3 tabs open with separate threads...; perhaps, it is time for bed?

• Thumbs Up 1

Diddy Kong Racing. Vanjo. Anything that wasn't just "Hey look this car looks like it was made in Nuts n' Bolts".

DKR? You mean a generic kart? Vanjo? The N&B jeep is much more fitting for his current design.

About 1/3 of the characters in this game have "Go really fast and hurt other people" as their All-Star moves. Banjo may collect Jiggies, but the only power they have behind them is symbolic or readily inacted by the spells that Grunty/Jiggywiggy use. While you could argue the same thing with Froggy, the Master Emerald HAS been shown to give others a boost in power from time to time, and it would only make sense that Knuckles could use it to fly really fast and hurt people (Super Knuckles). At least with Golden Feathers or Turbo Trainers, it would've been relevant. Also, you left out the transformations, which really would've been the ultimate All-Star move in terms of nostalgia, fitting Banjo as a character, and actually granting powers to him. Stomping through the course as a T-Rex may have just been remodeled Super Sonic, but it sure as fuck would've been more fun than raining Jiggies or even Super Sonic himself.

Well exactly, most characters have that already. Jiggy Rain sped you up and created obstacles for other racers. In the games Banjo uses them to finish up puzzles, so Jiggy Rain is putting puzzle pieces like that. Jiggies are a big part of Banjo, so you saying it has nothing to do with the mythos is wrong.

The fact that they ignored two entire games full of super-powered invincibility moves in order to give Banjo and Kazooie some random "LOOK IT'S THE WRENCH FROM NUTS AND BOLTS DOING SOMETHING IT DIDN'T EVEN DO IN NUTS AND BOLTS" kinda drives my point home. I can at least understand why they gave Banjo a Nuts and Bolts vehicle, but the fact that they made up some stupid All-Star move instead of using one from his past is retarded.

Really? You're whining about something so stupid. I suspect you hate N&B? You're letting youself be blinded by that and are forgetting that N&B is also part of his past.

I don't even know why you're trying to convince me that Nuts and Bolts Banjo is okay. He isn't, especially to anyone who has EVER played the first two.

Oh, shut up. I played the first two and I thought N&B was a great game, just not as good as the first two. His design was different, but it was also nice.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't know why you're choosing to argue with HyperMetalWario instead of putting him on ignore like any sane person would do.

• Thumbs Up 1

S0L confirmed that the PS3 and Vita versions have the same number of characters. Make of that what you will...

• Thumbs Up 1

S0L confirmed that the PS3 and Vita versions have the same number of characters. Make of that what you will...

Do you have a source? And, anyways, if that is true then that is wonderful. I'm personally hoping that means that there will not be any console exclusives (like Banjo); because, if there is, the console fanboys will surely start an infinite war...

Do you have a source? And, anyways, if that is true then that is wonderful. I'm personally hoping that means that there will not be any console exclusives (like Banjo); because, if there is, the console fanboys will surely start an infinite war...

PS3 and Vita having the same number of characters would imply that there are company exclusives as they're both Sony.

• Thumbs Up 2

Last time I checked, number of racers depends on console or handheld. Handhelds get less on the assumption of lower specs, and the Vita can handle a current gen console game, or so has been claimed. Therefore, the Vita has no reason to have less racers. Where do exclusives play in this?

SOL confirmed NO VECTORMAN in SEGA Forums...

I have to say he would have been one of the most original choices, and I feel sorry for his fan; he also was on my expected roster, but I prefer others...

more hopes for my Ryo, Bayonetta, Ristar, Blaze the Cat and Fang then :P

No Vectorman? Huh, I thought he'd work with the whole transform thing. Ah well, the mystery continues.

Also, anyone else getting the feeling that there's no teams (like Jacky & Akira or Zobio & Zobiko) this time? I think it'll be one person per vehicle.

Okay guys, if there's any news about the game, be it an article or forum post, would you all mind posting it in a quote and providing a link to the source? It's bloody annoying when stuff is passed on via hearsay when it's just as easy to to provide the original information.

• Thumbs Up 1

No Vectorman? Huh, I thought he'd work with the whole transform thing. Ah well, the mystery continues.

Also, anyone else getting the feeling that there's no teams (like Jacky & Akira or Zobio & Zobiko) this time? I think it'll be one person per vehicle.

I'll drop this quote here...

and who said each vehicle was limited to a single driver... Or indeed vehicle type per surface.

I never really cared for Vectorman's appearance (mainly because I know next to nothing about him) so this is excellent news for me. Now characters like Raphael and Arle/Amitie have have a stronger chance of being on the roster :3

Let's see... he's "not saying why" Vectorman isn't playable in this game. Three possible reasons...

1. They couldn't get the rights to him.

2. He's a "track feature" like Ristar in the previous game's DLC track.

3. He's a DLC character.

I doubt the latter two considering that his statement seemed to be pretty ironclad. I mean when he says "you won't be playing as Vectorman in this game", that tends to mean he won't be in the game EVER, not even as DLC.

Well that bites. He was the only character I was hype for. I guess that means this game's going to be filled up with crap characters like Ecco the Dolphin and Bug! and Seaman and Billy Hatcher and Barbara Streisand. I don't care who gets in now. Excuse me while I go curl up into a fetal position and cry for my lost bro.

- Bug is already deconfirmed

- Ecco the Dolphin would be an original and quite funny inclusion (as well as beeing representative of an awesome game)

- Barbara Streisand... -.-

I'm with you about Billy though, have never really liked him

Although that "not saying why" thing might be hinting at something, I don't think there can be any confused meanings from a statement like "you won't be playing as Vectorman".