Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

So I'm posting this here because I'd quite like to know if this is in the console version as I've never noticed it before, I would be very curious to know what it looks like on a top end PC... and I'm amazingly curious to see how bad it looks on the 3DS version.

Well now... I'm playing the Vita version and driving along Adders Lair mirror trying to beat the time attack... I messed up close to the start so I decided to just take it easy... then I noticed something running along the side of the track.

wtfelf.jpg

I pulled up beside him and decided to ask for directions... only he didn't look well...

wtfelf2.jpg

After a while he stopped by my car...

wtfelf3.jpg

Only to discover... he had a pyramid for a face. Ladies and Gentlemen, the WTF Elf.... I call him Billy.

After a while I watched this guy to see where he does... and oh boy does he have problems. After a while he runs behind those ruins only he doesn't stick to the ground, he runs in the air and appears to defy gravity as he travels back to his start point.

• Thumbs Up 3

He's in the Wii U version - and he looks perfect.

Photo%20Feb%2010,%203%2044%2009%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Feb%2010,%203%2041%2017%20PM.jpg

Crappy screens.. sorry.

He might be in the PS360 versions too. Highly doubt 3DS since they cut out a lot of this extra stuff.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

Could he be one of those elfs you slash to get potions and bonuses in Golde Axe biggrin.png?

OH MY GOD, IT IS! I now wonder what little mysteries lies in the other tracks.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow he looks rediculous in the vita version lol. Great find hog. I've noticed some amazing fanservice in the game as well since i've started to pay attention. Gotta love sumo

Edited by Djawed

Is that the PC version?

Edit: Football manager. So it is.

Edited by Autosaver

Great googly moogly, I never onced noticed those notorious Golden Axe Elves running around before.

Their is another hard to find cameo not that many people know of:

In Samba Studio's, right before you go into the Space Movie set, on the right it's that Butterfly dancer girl from the Samba games, through she looks pretty crappy, someone should get a shot of her from the PC version.

Graffiti City has a couple of cameos, I spotted Professor K, Rythm/Mew, Cube and another guy who's name I forget wearing the green  hoody.

Race of Ages has Segatashiro showing up in the beginning of the third lap.

Yo, someone needs to be snapping some PC version quality pics of all the NPC's and stuff in here, seriously.

Professor K:

ProfessorK_zpsb3b7d24d.jpg

Mew:

Mew_zps263113d6.jpg

That's the best I have of them for now, but they're pretty nice looking. Didn't take any pictures of the green hoody guy (is he from Future? Never played that one). Never saw Cube, where's she?

Edited by Toothpaste

Lynda in the Samba de Amigo course.

2013021100001.jpg

Ninjas in the Shinobi course. They're really big but have TINY ASS HANDS, GOD DAMN.

2013021100002.jpg

The Hydra Cannon in Rogue's Landing, which only seems to be in the PC version.

2013021100006.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I still find it hilarious that Billy is nowhere to be found. 

The green hoody kid in JSRF is Yo-yo. He is also in JSR, but he has his hood up in that game.

I had thought Cube was at the part where you drive down that hill, jumping from section to section of the building.

Yep, Yo Yo is found near the water tower, Cube is skating down the side of the slanted hill like skyscaper after the water tower.

And I swear, theirs another Skies of Arcadia unique ship flying around in Rogues landing aside from the Lynx, Albatross, Delphinus, Hydra and all the Valuan Gunboats. It appears on the third lap after you pass through the island the Hydra destroys, theirs a slim looking ship near the Albatross but I can't make it out which ship it is.

Oh I forgot to add, the In lap 2 of Burning Depths, the Dolphin that was in the tube like aquarium will be swimming around.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

I just realized you guys would want to hear this, so here is a quote of S0L's last post in the ask S0L thread

Actually... I just found out that the Metal Sonic + OutRun DLC should be available on Friday! I still don't know how, but there you go tongue.png

Why SUMO Digital? I'm actually not sure. At one point we were going to be called Big Monster Games (in fact I still have the original logo somewhere) but I think it was too close to someone elses name...

...I'll ask the boss next time he's around smile.png

As for Banjo, that was a one time only deal and only for the original All-Stars Racing. There is a story behind that I'll tell one day...

...and that's it. No more! Thread is over!

Obviously we couldn't have made this thread what it is without all of you. If there were no questions, there couldn't have been answers. If there wasn't the passion on both sides, the game probably would have been a very different beast. If I had free time, I could point to quite a few examples in the final game that only happened due to questions or suggestions in this very thread. But I can't, as I don't have that much free time, which is why we're wrapping this up smile.png

It's been a fun ride... Hopefully it won't be too long before we can do it all again.

All the best,

Steve "S0L" Lycett

looky there, Metal sonic is COMING

I still find it hilarious that Billy is nowhere to be found. 

Well technically there's still the statue of him and the sticker of him, though his lack of physical appearance in the game really is a bit saddening for me, hopefully he'll be back in whatever crossover Sumo does next (well if they do)

I wish we could find out why Billy had to be excluded. If he doesn't turn out to be DLC, then I really don't get why Billy's friends are in, but not Billy. 

I wish we could find out why Billy had to be excluded. If he doesn't turn out to be DLC, then I really don't get why Billy's friends are in, but not Billy. 

Maybe till Easter?

• Thumbs Up 1

I assumed Billy was the character that was planned, and then scrapped due to an inability to decide on vehicle designs. Wasn't incomplete Billy data in the game? Also, would explain why he doesn't appear in his own race track. 

Also, reading S0L's message, is this it? No more anything to expect from the game? Not even DLC?

Him and Sumo don't have time to answer any questions which is why he is locking the thread up. Sumo have other projects now that they have to face.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

I assumed Billy was the character that was planned, and then scrapped due to an inability to decide on vehicle designs. Wasn't incomplete Billy data in the game? Also, would explain why he doesn't appear in his own race track. 

Also, reading S0L's message, is this it? No more anything to expect from the game? Not even DLC?

It did leave me wondering that, but I think it at least means he's done with his forum visiting for this game now that the 3DS version is out. All that's left to come out now is the retail PC version.

I remember reading on Sega Forums that S0L wanted to make the Space Harrier guy a character, so who knows? He could be the driver, and Opa-Opa the vehicle (I believe Opa-Opa can transform himself, so why not?), that would be as fantastic as AGES. Not only S0L/Sumo makes a DLC of a character the fans want, but one they want too biggrin.png Everybody wins!

Edited by Jango