Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)- How Many? One Mirrion Coins.

Nintendoga

Other favorite characters? Do they mean...

2toads-620x.jpg

Not sure if Nintendo is serious or trolling.

MY other favorite characters on the other hand are Wario, Waluigi, Red Toad, and hell, even Peach.

Or is the 3DS still not powerful enough to render dress physics?

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 6

Other favorite characters? Do they mean...

2toads-620x.jpg

haha, love the Yellow Toads face. I would rather have regluar toad and green toad though

Or is the 3DS still not powerful enough to render dress physics?

Well the Wii couldn't so how can you expect the 3DS to do better? =P

Wow and ppl criticize recent Sonic titles to be bland and unoriginal. Guess I'll just wait to see the actual game in motion to fully judge it

You know despite everything I actually got rather fond of the Yellow and Blue Toads through playing with friends. =C

But uhh, yeah they probably just mean Peach, Bowser, and the enemies.

I hope the music's better than it was in the previous NSMB games.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well the Wii couldn't so how can you expect the 3DS to do better? =P

Well, they did it twenty years ago with Super Mario Bros. 2....

"Well, if by "Preview" it's "Please come to my article to generate hits 'cause I'm a sad person!", then yeah. It's a hell of a preview." - Kazin

And you know what, thinking this game over, I can't wait for it actually.

I need a good 2D platformer on my 3DS, and since Rayman Origins keeps getting delayed, Mario's gonna have to do it for me.

Besides, I have tons of fun with NSMB, so I'll put the art style rehash thing behind me as long as it's a solid fun platformer, with online of course.

Edited by Nintendoga

NSMB2 is going to be available in the eShop for download!

http://ds.ign.com/articles/122/1223880p1.html

Also, I totally called it!

Looks bland, but I said that about 3D Land too and I was very very wrong. However, the graphics look terrible...did Nintendo actually say this is going to be a physical release?

I'd be way more hyped for this game if Nintendo announces at E3 that it's actually going to be the first original Mario game released in the eShop.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, but considering it's going to be a physical release as well, I'm not sure this is solely because of the game's graphics/size. The fact that when you look in the pages for retail games on the eShop and they'll say "Not available on the eShop" suggested that this might be an option for more games in the future and in that case, it would make sense to start it with a popular title like NSMB2.

Also, it would be nice if the digital version cost less, but I'm almost certain that isn't going to happen.

Edited by Ekaje

Darn, Spooky beat me too it!

But yeah, NSMB2 for digital & Physical release?

Welcome to 2012 Nintendo, it's been a long time, but we're glad you could arrive.

I'm going to get the digital version so I can have the game on my 3DS at all times. Plus I'm not worried about the download pace at all,

I had a shitty internet connection for 6 years,

I had to deal with the Wii's Browser for 3 years,

I think I have enough patience to download a 2GB game.

..speaking of which I hope it's only 2 GB, I guess I'll have to go buy a 32GB Card or something when they start releasing all the games on the system.

Digital wholesale price will not be the same as packaged as inventory risk is different

Won't comment on wholesale price to retail for digital versus packaged

I assume this would mean we can get it digital for cheaper. Anything else woud be stupid. Nintendo has made some really dumb decisions in the past, but I don't think they're that dumb.

Don't see they're being a real significant difference though. NSMB 2 will probably still be more than it's worth.

@Nintendoga

EDIT: Checked, NSMBW wasn't even 1GB, so I doubt this one is going to be that big.

I assume this would mean we can get it digital for cheaper. Anything else woud be stupid. Nintendo has made some really dumb decisions in the past, but I don't think they're that dumb.

Always assume Nintendo will be bad at Internet until proven otherwise.

Edited by Ekaje

..speaking of which I hope it's only 2 GB, I guess I'll have to go buy a 32GB Card or something when they start releasing all the games on the system.

It won't probably be even 1GB. Even Super Mario 3D Land was smaller than 1GB and I can't really see NSMB2 to be much bigger than that.

But thank God, this bit of news just made the game a must-buy for me. If it was retail only, then I might have skipped it but an original Mario platformer you can download? Hell yes! I've been waiting for something like this to happen since I got my Wii! :D

Then again, I might need a bigger SD card... Does anyone know if I can transfer the data from one SD card to another? If I need to switch cards all the time, then that kind of defeats the purpose of having digital releases of the games.

Pretty cool. It'd be especially awesome if you can download the digital version for free if you bought the physical one (just for the sake of "having it" etc), but that would be prone to abuse.

Then again, I might need a bigger SD card... Does anyone know if I can transfer the data from one SD card to another? If I need to switch cards all the time, then that kind of defeats the purpose of having digital releases of the games.

You can prolly just manually copy the contents of the SD card across on your computer. All save files would still be tied to your 3DS anyway so yeah.

You can prolly just manually copy the contents of the SD card across on your computer. All save files would still be tied to your 3DS anyway so yeah.

Yep, you can. I did it myself when I transferred my stuff over to a 4GB card

Pretty cool. It'd be especially awesome if you can download the digital version for free if you bought the physical one (just for the sake of "having it" etc), but that would be prone to abuse.

Totally agreed. You'll have already bought the game for play on the system, so why not? It only seems fair. I like to own physical copies of game, but the benefit of not having to lug dozens of carts around is great when you're on the go.

Totally agreed. You'll have already bought the game for play on the system, so why not? It only seems fair. I like to own physical copies of game, but the benefit of not having to lug dozens of carts around is great when you're on the go.

Maybe when you buy the game's physical box, it could come with a download code that allows you to download the digital version.

Not gonna happen, but it's a cool idea.

Maybe when you buy the game's physical box, it could come with a download code that allows you to download the digital version.

Not gonna happen, but it's a cool idea.

Could still easily "sell" the digital code, unless they make you authenticate it with a matching physical copy in the slot upon download (a process that can only be done once per cartridge/system).

...Actually that'd work I think.

Edited by JezMM

Alright guys, time for another one of "Nintendoga's over-analyzing of four pics" or aka "The Sonic fanboysim in me judges and perceives the game through four screenshots"

Let's start with this first shot, of Raccoon Mario

tumblr_m2t93uII9s1qzp9weo1_500.jpg

*Mario is flying, yet the P-Meter is only half full. In the Mario Bros. 3, you could only fly when the P-Meter was full and flashing, (which it's clearly not here). Though when you were falling, Mario would go into his jumping animation, while the P-Meter would instantly drop to zero. This means either they changed the animation for falling, or maybe while you're flying, the P-meter drops slowly, to show how much time you have left in the air.

*Also the P-Meter appears in that screen only, justifying that you only have it when you have the Raccoon Tail, or (if it's in the game) the Tanooki Suit.

*Mario has over 62 coins, and the time is 436, yet he's only at the very beginning of the stage. Two assumptions. One he either ran through the stage, grabbed some coins, and the Raccoon Tail, before running back to the beginning of the stage to POSE FOR THE FANS!!! (ARGGHHH). Yet there's a problem with that, as the blocks and goomba and coins to the right are there, yet should be gone. Unless there's the slight chance of Mario intentionally skipping all of them. Also, Mario's already in the air, yet he needs more time to run with the P-meter to gain some air time. But he's only a couple of inches from the start point. Maybe the P-meter takes less time now to gain.

*There's the other assumption that he came back in the stage, allowing to keep the coins from the previous stage. Strange, but then why is the time 436? 440 time is a strange number to start with, when it's usually 500 or 300 or 200 or something, not odd numbered like 440.

tumblr_m2t93uII9s1qzp9weo4_500.jpg

*Something hard to see, if you look at the spider-web on the left, it's bottom left line is missing, yet on the right one it's not. This might mean that the longer you stay on the spider-web, it might start to unravel, like how they would dissapear in Donkey Kong Country 2. That means you better hurry up or else it's bottomless pit ( or secret area???) for you.

*The tree on the right, it looks like you may be able to go inside of it, since you're giving a view of it being on the inside. Though maybe there's a tree behind it, giving it the illusion of it being the inside of a tree. Akin to Donkey Kong Country 3.

tumblr_m2t93uII9s1qzp9weo3_500.jpg

*We've never had Pink pipes like these in a Mario game before. Nothing big, but whatever.

*The enemies are yellow/golden, and people attribute this to the Golden Mario in the next screenshot. Thing is though, Mario in that one is shining/sparkling, while these enemies are not, and thus might only be swapped color pallets.

*However, Mario being golden in that screenshot suggests a new power-up. Yet, it's possible these enemies also have the same power-up, just not a effective as how Mario uses it.

*This means it's possible for the entire game to be built around this mysterious golden power-up, similar to how almost EVERY DAMN ENEMY AND LIVING THING IN 3D LAND HAD THAT DAMN TANOOKI SUIT/RACCOON TAIL. (Sorry, but that really annoyed me in 3D Land, and I really hope it's not the case here.) This is unfortunately, suggested even more when looking at the logo, as the NEW and 2 in the Logo are also golden. It's a bit different from the original logo of NSMB and drastically different from the red and white of NSMBWii. Who knows? Only Nintendo and E3 will know.

tumblr_m2t93uII9s1qzp9weo2_500.jpg

*Why is Mario Golden? Most likely a new power, but what does it do? A logical possibility, is that maybe when you touch enemies, they turn into coins. Or maybe it's the super-guide of this game, given to the vast minority of people who die too many times in Mario games, allowing them to breeze through the stages, like how 3D Land gave you a silver Tanooki suit, making you invincible throughout the stage.

* The tiny little passage to the right of the bottom Koopa. That looks as if only mini Mario can reach it. Or, just like in the third screenshot, a platform that extends off-screen.

That's all for now. Anymore screenshots that aren't too obvious, or too cryptic, I'll give some more analysis on. At least that gives us some insight on what the game might be like.

One more thing I'd like to mention. The backgrounds/foreground in the golden Mario pic, look great. Differential Diagnosis People......AAAH!!!

• Thumbs Up 6

• 5 weeks later...

Completely agreed with the article. You'd think that Nintendo would put just as much effort into their 2D games as their 3D ones. It's such a shame.

That's a brilliant article, that I wish Nintendo could get into their heads. Sure, innovate gameplay all you want, but at the same time, I at least want a distinction, other than the gameplay, console, name, and resolution to tell me that, yes, this is a new game, this is a title that expands upon the previous title in all areas, this is a title that doesn't visually scream repetitiveness.

Edited by Burnt Ash
  • Thumbs Up 1