Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)- How Many? One Mirrion Coins.

Nintendoga

I'm looking forward to this, but I have to agree on the graphics here. This looks like a complete rehash of the first NSMB game. Only thing I see different is a few new power-ups, but that's it.

I'm kinda getting a Kirby Squeak Squad vibe from this because that game looked like a late GBA title.

I'd be stoked if the Frog and Hammer suit returned...and maybe even Kuribo's Shoe! I'm pretty excited, so I'll be picking it up.

The logo isn't too bad either.

638e3e318221966bcdfd1ab550686407.jpg

Looks more like a more 3D'd version of the original logo.

Edited by Ultimate Symbiotic-Freddie

Sounds neat I guess, I'll probably pick it up just to have something new to play.

But goddamn it Nintendo, decide what you want the Super Leaf to do already >:V. First it was the Raccoon form in Super Mario Bros. 3, then it became Tanooki in Super Mario 3D Land, and now it's back to Raccoon in NSMB2? Stop being sooooo inconsistent and make up your mind already >:V. (also haha they're still on the tail binge :V)

Meh, I'll get because I'm sure it'll be great fun but I'm really sick of the EXACT FUCKING SAME LEVEL TROPES IN EVERY GODDAMN NSMB GAME! I hope they at least give us a few extra characters to pick from and maybe a level editor.

Also the graphics really do look like a slightly better NSMBDS. :/ I think the Wii one looks best still so far.

So does this mean were getting this and NSMBMii (or whatever they decide to call it) for WiiU? If Nintendo doesn't add some serious new ideas (more character, level editor, online play, etc.) I think they're going to burn people out on the series.

Edited by speedfreak

I think they wanna keep the Handheld series and the console series seperated. Dunno why though. >__>

I think they wanna keep the Handheld series and the console series seperated. Dunno why though. >__>

Edited by speedfreak
  • Thumbs Up 4

Super Mario Kart

Mario Kart 64

Mario Kart: Super Circuit

Mario Kart: Double Dash

Mario Kart: DS

Mario Kart: Wii

Mario Kart 7

There's also Mario Kart Arcade GP, so 7 isn't even the seventh game. I was only joking though.

If there were some actual changes to the game, I'd say it's like the GTA series, though. But, alas, there aren't.

There's also Mario Kart Arcade GP, so 7 isn't even the seventh game. I was only joking though.

If there were some actual changes to the game, I'd say it's like the GTA series, though. But, alas, there aren't.

Ah, my bad. Should have realized that by the :U face.

It's still stupid to call it 2 when it's 3.

Maybe the Wii game was the equivalent of Super Mario 2 USA (with the playable Toad, 4 characters :V), and this is the New Super Mario Bros: Lost Levels.

Anyone got any better explanations? :V

Anyone got any better explanations? :V

Nintendo is dumb.

I kid, I kid.

Edited by speedfreak
  • Thumbs Up 1

Playable Peach would be swell. Perhaps I should jump to wild conclusions and hope that her appearance in the Tanooki Suit at the end of 3D Land might have been a tease. Still, not much to say here. Like me some NSMB, and recently completed the Wii version. Good stuff, if not spectacular. Also, do I see multiple planes in one of the screenshots?

EDIT: This is the screenshot I was referring to:

tumblr_m2t93uII9s1qzp9weo2_500.jpg

Edited by Ringo ~

Also shouldn't this be 3 not 2?

I actually joked about the numbering of the game when I first heard this news over at Tumblr. XD

However, this is like Kingdom Hearts. Chain of Memories is 2 while Kingdom Hearts '2' is 3. This is kinda normal for game companies to do strange numberings with their game franchises. tongue.png

Edited by Arle985

Playable Peach would be swell. Perhaps I should jump to wild conclusions and hope that her appearance in the Tanooki Suit at the end of 3D Land might have been a tease.

Considering one of the shots we got had Peach's Castle in the background (the same pic that had Raccoon Mario), and that the previous two New Super Mario Bros. games all opened with the same thing in the background of the first stage...It's safe to assume that Peach is kidnapped and probably not playable.

That's not saying she can't show up as maybe an after game special or something...but two times already it hasn't happened so I doubt it personally (I'd honestly be surprised if we got anyone outside Mario, Luigi, some random Toads, and Yoshi at a push).

Guys, the graphics will obviously look worse when you see screens of them. Every game I've played on the 3DS looks nothing like it does in screens.

Every 3DS game I've played that I saw screens of looked worse when I actually played it.

This does look lazy, though it's not nearly as lazy as what they did for the 25th annversary.

and people STILL praised it.

Considering one of the shots we got had Peach's Castle in the background (the same pic that had Raccoon Mario), and that the previous two New Super Mario Bros. games all opened with the same thing in the background of the first stage...It's safe to assume that Peach is kidnapped and probably not playable.

That's not saying she can't show up as maybe an after game special or something...but two times already it hasn't happened so I doubt it personally (I'd honestly be surprised if we got anyone outside Mario, Luigi, some random Toads, and Yoshi at a push).

After-game would be where it's at. I mean, that's when she's free from Bowser's grasp. :P

This should have been a 3ds launch title

Is it really innovative? No.

Does it show off the 3DS'S power? No.

But is it still a solid and fun game (From what we can see in the screens and judge from the last two NSMB titles)? Yes.

This is what a launch title should be. Solid, fun and something that will sell, but maybe not in, "Amazing game, GOTY" territory yet.

• Thumbs Up 7