Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)- How Many? One Mirrion Coins.

Nintendoga

it seems Sonic Team have the opposite problem.

Don't you mean Sonic Team has the same problem?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, so we aren't going back to Dinosaur Land? Aw, what a shame... at least the game looks nice...

It's a shame that Nintendo probably won't include Wario in this game...The whole focus on collecting coins everywhere is the kind of thing he's made for...

So yeah - this version of NSMB? Not half bad. At least it focuses on something different.

Still probably won't buy it but it certainly looks a bit more fun than the others.

I like the fact that the Nintendo All Access page for NSMB2 states that Mario has more of a purpose to go on an adventure other than saving Peach. I like the Gold Fire Mario power up but I hope that the collecting coins are not tide to earning lives. Renzor I can't wait to kick your a** again.

Edit: E3 trailer

• Night time stage
  • Raccon Mario's falling animation is the same as Tanuki Mario
  • Renzor
  • My fear of having 100 lives with the new power up are confirmed
  • Still looks fun.

Edited by Diddy Kong

Huh? Seems like they want us to know what making money effortlessly with Mario feels like. rolleyes.gif

• Thumbs Up 4

Well at least it's better then the Tanooki Overload.....I think.

Game looks better then NSMB and NSMBWii, but not as good as U. Was surprised by some stuff, so I might pick it up eventually.

Gotta say it looks a fair bit better than I was expecting. Though I'm still not really "getting" it... So, the hook is there's lots of coins? I guess that's kinda cool, but how's it really make the game better? And this and NSMB U within a few months of each other just seems like overkill.

I just hope there's a way to turn off the coin sound. Because that's going to get annoying real quick.

3D version of the trailer is available on the US eShop

http://www.gonintend...story&id=178628

Game looks fun, but too easy with all of those 1ups handed to you like that.

Not really. Just because you get a lot of lives deasn't change how difficult the level design will be. All it does is make sure you don't get a stupid game over screen, get booted out to the menu, and have to go reselect whatever level you would have been replaying had you not gamed over anyway.

Which just proves how pointless lives, and therefore coins as well, are now.

Edited by Ekaje
  • Thumbs Up 6

If they are going to make coins relatively useless, they might as well convert the coins for a different usage other than lives.

Hell, I'll go out on a limb and say they should use the coins as a means to use a different ability.

Get 50 coins, and you can activate the Mario Cyclone!

Hold down a certain button to rapidly spin in place, pulling in enemies who wander too close! Or tap it while in locomotion to becoming a pseudo twister; hold the control stick left or right to move!

If they are going to make coins relatively useless, they might as well convert the coins for a different usage other than lives.

Hell, I'll go out on a limb and say they should use the coins as a means to use a different ability.

Get 50 coins, and you can activate the Mario Cyclone!

Hold down a certain button to rapidly spin in place, pulling in enemies who wander too close! Or tap it while in locomotion to becoming a pseudo twister; hold the control stick left or right to move!

Nintendo seems to be pushing that Mario is very busy collecting coins while saving Peach, I really hope that they put some thought into why collecting coins is of equal importance to saving Peach.

Nintendo seems to be pushing that Mario is very busy collecting coins while saving Peach, I really hope that they put some thought into why collecting coins is of equal importance to saving Peach.

Becasue this time it was Wario who kidnapped her instead of Bowser and you have to buy her back.

• Thumbs Up 5

I just thought of something. If they wanted to make a game about coins so bad, why didn't they make a Wario game?

EDIT: A Wario platformer.

Edited by Ekaje

Becasue this time it was Wario who kidnapped her instead of Bowser and you have to buy her back.

Or maybe Peach now charges Mario everytime he asks for a 1up.( hidden meaning)

I just thought of something. If they wanted to make a game about coins so bad, why didn't they make a Wario game?

He is busy with his new Wii U game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, at least they're embracing the coin overdose. Seems like an interesting gimmick, but I'd like to see where those coins go.

I hope the level design is balls-hard to compensate.

• Thumbs Up 1

Coin-collecting mayhem?

Super Mario Bros. 3 powerups and aesthetics? Big Land?

My god. We're summoning Coin Ships.

SuperMarioBros3-TreasureShip.png

• Thumbs Up 4

Coin-collecting mayhem?

Super Mario Bros. 3 powerups and aesthetics? Big Land?

My god. We're summoning Coin Ships.

SuperMarioBros3-TreasureShip.png