Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)- How Many? One Mirrion Coins.

Nintendoga

Online co-op would make a lot of sense for this game. I wonder if they could add Communities in one way or another.

Looks boring, bland, and unimaginatvie just like NSMBWII.

It your opinion and its fine, but your seriously judging that from 4 screenshots. So what if the level tropes are smiliar, how many times have we run through a green hill type of zone or better yet all of the city level tropes in Sonic games.

Lol, similar he says. They are almost exactly identical. Like Mario is just going through a different path in the exact same place.

It your opinion and its fine, but your seriously judging that from 4 screenshots. So what if the level tropes are smiliar, how many times have we run through a green hill type of zone or better yet all of the city level tropes in Sonic games.

Ignoring S4E1 (where it was due to incompetence) and Pocket Adventure (where it was intentional), how many times has this happened:

Aq-hYHUCMAACNeE.jpg

In the Sonic series? I can think of Emerald Hill/Hill Top and maybe Labyrinth/Tidal Tempest.

And, no, as an FYI. I think "4 screenshots plus the entirety of the previous game" is a much better basis for determining assumptions about this game than just "4 screenshots."

It looks more based on SMB 3, at least. That said, I kind of doubt Yoshi will be back, which is saddening.

Meh, really doesn't look that impressive to me. Looks more blander than Sonic 4 episode 1 IMO.

Honestly, three NSMB games in and my main problem of too big of a field-of-view still hasn't been rectified. NSMB Wii completely shit the bed with it's design and this looks like it's repeating the same mistakes. Not only is it completely inconsequential seeing every path available, but it also rips apart a lot of the mystery, design and exploration that could be provided such as in Super Mario World.

For fucks sake Nintendo, SMB3 was a great game but if you have to rehash something, at least do a game that isn't starting to be worn out. If you'd had made a NSMB based off of Super Mario Bros. 2, that would have been fucking awesome. Different game play, design and formula. I'd be all over it.

• Thumbs Up 6

Honestly, three NSMB games in and my main problem of too big of a field-of-view still hasn't been rectified. NSMB Wii completely shit the bed with it's design and this looks like it's repeating the same mistakes. Not only is it completely inconsequential seeing every path available, but it also rips apart a lot of the mystery, design and exploration that could be provided such as in Super Mario World.

For fucks sake Nintendo, SMB3 was a great game but if you have to rehash something, at least do a game that isn't starting to be worn out. If you'd had made a NSMB based off of Super Mario Bros. 2, that would have been fucking awesome. Different game play, design and formula. I'd be all over it.

Dear Lord THIS. SMW, simple as it was, felt like a cohesive world. Like you were actually GOING somewhere instead of jumping from unrelated area to unrelated area. Plus, I wouldn't mind a radically different 2D Mario. It would be refreshing, like the idea of a new 2D Mario with improved graphics used to be.

Yeah, 2D Mario has become very stale. Still getting. I'm part of the problem. :/

I agree. At this point, I highly doubt that Nintendo's trying anymore with the 2D Mario games. No way the NSMB series will hold up as well as SMB3 for me. :/

Here we go again...... Thanks Nintendo......................

EDIT: Welp I'm an idiot.

Stop being so lazy, and do something interesting...

I agree. At this point, I highly doubt that Nintendo's trying anymore with the 2D Mario games. No way the NSMB series will hold up as well as SMB3 for me. :/

And they were with Galaxy 2 or 3D Land? LOLWUT?

Edited by Egg-Nega-Wooly

...But it's called NSMB2.

And yes they were trying with G2 and 3DLand in my opinion, since although G2 was basically an extension of the first, it still had new levels that didn't look exaclty like the ones from the previous game, and introduced new powerups and features, while 3DLand was a new idea, 2D style gameplay in 3D.

Edited by Ekaje

And they were with Galaxy 2 or 3D Land? LOLWUT?

But they're not 2D titles, though. Nintendo put alot of effort with those. As for the 2D games, they just got lazy with them.

I'm getting the impression Nintendo don't even need to try anymore since they know anything with Mario plastered on it will sell like hot cakes anyway (well, except the CDi title but who gave a crap about that).

Like I said, two things would make this an insta-buy for me,

>Online Co-Op

>BRING YOSHI OUTSIDE THE FUCKING 4 LEVELS HE'S IN

If you hack the Wii and use the code to bring Yoshi out of the levels, it actually does make the game more fun, and even challenging in some aspects.

• Thumbs Up 3

The point is that Episode 2 has more effort put into it, while this looks hastily thrown together, using existing assets to boot.

While I don't think we should be comparing this to Sonic, the reason Sonic looks better has nothing to do with the resolution or system capability. It's the effort. I mean, just compare New Super Mario Bros Wii to Nintendo's OTHER sidescrolling platformers on the same system.

kirbys-epic-yarn-review-1.jpg

kirby_wii_02_thumb.jpg

donkey-kong-country-returns-20101119092730688-000.jpg

new_super_mario_bros_wii1253652260.jpg

What HAPPENED? There's no life, or depth, or effort being shown here. It's so dull. And this is coming from someone who likes the game.

Seeing this post just makes me want to play through Epic Yarn, Adventure Wii, and DKCR again.

You know, rather than having a New, New Super Mario Bros. Game like the other NSMBs, why not mix things up and make it well....SUPER MARIO BROTHERS 2! I mean seriously, it has a 2 and everything, and the first NSMB is just like SMB1.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, it looks like such a rehash of the original (taking tips from SEGA, Nintendo?). The only thing stopping it from being a complete rehash are the power-ups and story!

Could you imagine if NSMB2's story was to do level after level to save Peach from Bowser?

Oh wait...

I would have loved them to make "New Super Mario Bros. 2" (i.e: New Super Mario Bros. USA). as well, but that's just me being a fanboy of the game. I don't get the impression there's any substantial demand for it, unfortunately.

Dear Fans:

Wario is too busy doing 5 seconds mini-games.

Love,

~Nintendo

Aw, he does it so well though. Besides Wario also got a decent artistic 2D platformer on the Wii along with Kirby and Donkey Kong so... yeah just another bit of ammo for that anti-NSMB arguement, lol.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't know about this. NSMB DS and Wii were fun games, but i'm not sure if i'm really digging the idea of another NSMB. Knowing Mario games they usally surprise me once I actually play them so it's hard to say if i'm looking forward to this one.