Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

In other news, I've gotten some nice shots in inFamous. Figured I'd share -

Wow, that looks gorgeous. I'm not sure if I'd be all that into the gameplay, but eh, I'll still give this a shot when I can.

Wow, that looks gorgeous. I'm not sure if I'd be all that into the gameplay, but eh, I'll still give this a shot when I can.

It's definitely worth a rent, at least. I like it. Not in love with it or anything, but it's a pretty great game. I'd probably like it a lot more if I cared more about the story.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry man, I didn't ignore you, I just didn't have an answer. Where did you find this? I tried searching myself but nothing turned up, just that the PS4 version outsold the Xbox version 2:1 in the UK.

From a very unreliable source... VG-Chartz.

Though the figure of 500k sounds about right, especially how they break it down, TR:DF sold more than double on the PS4 than X1. The figures they have for the PS4 version are around double that of the X1. 

However it won't include digital copies, and TR;DF got a huge price drop on digital formats this week so thats gonna impact too.

InFAMOUS Second Son is by far the best looking game on the PS4 right now. When I saw my bro play it I was just gobsmacked at how good looking and smooth it was.

The PS4 has so much grunt for a £350 device, it's insane.

InFAMOUS Second Son is by far the best looking game on the PS4 right now. When I saw my bro play it I was just gobsmacked at how good looking and smooth it was.

The PS4 has so much grunt for a £350 device, it's insane.

Eh, I'm not so sure...

I got a good look at the main character's face during a conversation in gameplay, the mouth movements, while looking correct, also looked...odd. As well as the kindly old lady, Betty, her facial expressions looked...off, during some cut scenes. It's hard for me to describe, maybe I'm just imaging it...but I do like how the raindrops land on the screen when your looking up. Totally unnecessary, but a nice touch. Kinda like the light on the joypad, it shines blue on the good path and red on the evil path. It's another nice touch, but I'd question how many would notice.

I'm not a "hardcore gamer" but perhaps the main character is too overpowered, as I found it pretty easy to sail through the game on normal difficulty, even the side missions and collectables are quick and easy to deal with. When playing games, I tend to be the explorer type so I had half the collectables before even doing most the story missions. You only have two islands to explore and they're pretty small compared to other sandbox games. After a handful of missions, you can access the second island. I had all the optional stuff got before finishing the story...that almost never happens for me.

Plus I also wish they added more variety in story terms. It's basically the same format as the first game. I'm tired of the same old stuff, I want new things in a franchise, dammit!!

You can't skip cut scenes and conversations, which will be annoying on your second playthrough, if you wanna see the story on both sides.

It's not all bad though, I reckon the protagonist has more personality than Cole did. I'd say his name, but I can't spell it. xP It's refreshing to play as someone with different powers and I was often laughing at protagonists remarks, jokes and unique "tags."

I'm going through my second run for evil karma in the expert difficulty, but I'm still finding it pretty easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jz3fWbGdK8

Awwwwww 

Edit: 399 

The moment Sony Killed SSMB.

• Thumbs Up 5

I also recieved my PS4 last week. It is a beautiful piece, and also my very first Playstation. So far I am enjoying it, the share button is a nice feat., and MGS5 Ground Zeroes offers a ton of replay value. I am thinking about getting inFamous, it looks gorgeous.

Can't wait for upcoming games on this console!

Even though I don't plan on buying a PS4 I must congratulate Sony, they deserve every sale until now.

Eventually I will buy one in order to play FFXV or Kingdom Hearts, but for now the price and games just don't speak to me. I can see that some of them are great games, but just not my type.

Best of Luck Sony.

Eh, I'm not so sure...

I got a good look at the main character's face during a conversation in gameplay, the mouth movements, while looking correct, also looked...odd. As well as the kindly old lady, Betty, her facial expressions looked...off, during some cut scenes. It's hard for me to describe, maybe I'm just imaging it...but I do like how the raindrops land on the screen when your looking up. Totally unnecessary, but a nice touch. Kinda like the light on the joypad, it shines blue on the good path and red on the evil path. It's another nice touch, but I'd question how many would notice.

The faces look fine, if not realistic enough. And I agree with him and others. This IS the best looking game on the PS4 right now. The lighting in particular is its strongest suit, with the particle system and the neon effects being second.

The PS4 GPU may not be as high-end as some people wanted (it is at best a mid-range GPU), but it still packs a much-needed graphical boost over last gen as shown by this game and Killzone, and both are rendering at full 1080p as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jz3fWbGdK8

Awwwwww 

Edit: 399 

The moment Sony Killed SSMB.

That was really sweet of them. I feel a bit guilty now that I haven't bought the console yet lol. I probably should of have bought the PS4 first and the Wii U second. Oh well, I'll hopefully have one in the next 3 months.

Eh, I'm not so sure...

I'm not a "hardcore gamer" but perhaps the main character is too overpowered, as I found it pretty easy to sail through the game on normal difficulty, even the side missions and collectables are quick and easy to deal with. When playing games, I tend to be the explorer type so I had half the collectables before even doing most the story missions. You only have two islands to explore and they're pretty small compared to other sandbox games. After a handful of missions, you can access the second island. I had all the optional stuff got before finishing the story...that almost never happens for me.

No game is perfect. Lip syncing issues doesn't really detract from how pretty the game looks overall.

There is an Expert mode if you found the game too easy by the way. 

Live from Playstation is the best feature on the PS4.

Here we have Japan.

iFsS1UEoCBiZT.gif

And Batman decided to show off his Yu-Gi-Oh card collection

eyO4Q7m.png

Currently theres a guy singing Summer Nights on Kareoke. 

• Thumbs Up 9

I think Live from Playstation may need it's own thread... or at least this guy....

After Batman finished showing us his card collection... he then decided to eat a banana.

ibrT5vu352CokF.gif

Then he decided to play hide and seek

16k5b47_zpsc33bee5c.jpg

And yes... this is also from a Live from Playstation show... This is what Freddie now does between movies.

Oc7xrJC.gif

And then this guy decided to do some working out... to Hulk Holgan's intro theme music.

aQG6FqJ.jpg

This guy is still going!

Oh my god... has anyone looked into these things? Some are hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 6

More great news for Sony!biggrin.png

http://gearburn.com/2014/03/ps4-sales-hit-7-million-thanks-to-infamous-second-son-outsold-xbox-one-71/

PS4 sales hit 7-million thanks to ‘InFamous: Second Son’, outsells Xbox One 7:1

By Staff Reporter
03.31.14 | 8 Comments

ISS.jpg

As the PS4′s smash hit InFamous: Second Son continues to dominate the charts, the sales of Sony’s current-gen machine now tops 7-million units, says InsideRP. The news hasn’t been confirmed by Sony yet, so take this information with a swig of tabasco. There’s a bunch of unconfirmed sales figures below these words.

According to the site, “monstrous” PS4 shipments and “very high consumer demand” have helped Sony’s current-gen console sell 7-million units globally. All sales figures fall within the weeks of 17-28 March.

PS4 sales - 200 000 units from March 21 – 23 in PAL and NTSC regions (both regions sold roughly 100 000 PS4s). Between 17-28 March, over 500 000 PS4s were sold globally. PS4 now leads the console war with 3-million sales.

Infamous Second Son sales – 400 000 (PAL regions), 50 000 (Asia), 90 000 (UK specifically), 450 000 (North America). There were roughly 150 000 digital sales across all regions.

Xbox One sales – 25 000 (European sales only)

The PS4 outsold the Xbox One 7 to 1 in the PAL region during 17-28 March. There’s four global console regions: NTSC-U (US), NTSC-J (Japan and Asia), NTSC-C (China) and PAL (Europe, Australia and New Zealand). The 7:1 sales boom includes the UK.

Xbox Ones sales, you got some explaining to do. Not even the mighty Titanfall, a PC, Xbox One and Xbox 360 exclusive, can shift the type of units Sony’s sales figures seemingly reflect.

Hmm, marvelously done Sony. Get some more games on your system that are worth my while (and that I can't get with my trusty PC) and you've got a purchase from your's truly at some point in time!

'Course, PS3 Backwards compatibility would probably seal the deal.

I wonder what those numbers are like in Canada? The competition must be closer here, what with the PS4 price getting fucking jacked up to $450 and the game prices getting jacked up to 69.99 (had to pay almost 80 fucking dollars for Infamous grumble grumble grumble). 

I didn't think Infamous Second Son was going to sell that much, considering the previous two games on PS3 weren't the biggest sellers on that console. It's great to see Sony doing so well this gen!

How much has the Xbone sold anyway? I think Microsoft has kept quiet about it.

Great to see that Sony is doing so we--OH GO AWAY OMOCHAO!

Anyway, it's great to see that Sony is doing so well with the PS4. 7 million in 4-5 months is exceptional.

The source for that is from a site called "Insiderp". It's probably bullshit.

Anyhow I beat inFamous. Ended up being very disappointed with it. It's okay. :\

Oh well, back to Metal Gear.

y'all never guess what arrived this week

A rash!

Kittens!

Tibetan Monks!

Kung-Fu-Panda!

Mickey Mouse!

A Postman!

1997 World Series Champions!? 

It's a what!? WHAT IS IT!!! *shakes the desk*

It's a what!? WHAT IS IT!!! *shakes the desk*

it was a €5 discount coupon for all grocery products at the local supermarket

zNDL8Eo.jpg

what a savings

oh i also got a ps4

Man I'm so glad I postponed crossgen games. Let's see if I can get a nice deal on Rayman and Tombcharted.

Time to get a fund started for my Bayonetta player and I'm set for the generation.

oh i also got a ps4

By my Grabthar's hammer....

Oh and use that PSN+ code which comes with it... apparently they stack with current subscriptions... information I didn't know... *cries*

So I now have a PS4. Currently downloading the latest system software to sign in to PSN.

inFamous Second Son is on its way through the post, meanwhile I have The LEGO movie Videogame to play. I also have Sound Shapes, but, it's a cross play title and I'm playing it on my Vita anyway.

Buttt after I finish Second Son and LEGO Movie, I think my PS4 will be dead for a while and I'll be catching up some games on my PS3 (Still need to play Lightning Returns, Ratchet & Clank: Nexus and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons).

I also need to test out Remote Play! I'll use the LEGO movie game to test it out later.

Arrrgh! Can't wait for Second Son to arrive, need to see these new graphics! >w<