Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

Rumor: 

PS4 to get...

1. Local PS2 / PS1 support on PS4 w/ native 1080p rendering for select titles.

2. Bluray+Media Player updates

https://twitter.com/thuway/status/448330251878531072

If true = Huge! 

Is this part of the upcoming patch? I hope so. 

What do they mean by 'local' PS1/PS2 support? Does it mean that you can play PS1/PS2 disks on the PS4?

Is this part of the upcoming patch? I hope so. 

What do they mean by 'local' PS1/PS2 support? Does it mean that you can play PS1/PS2 disks on the PS4?

Most likely just stored on your hard drive. As in, not PSNow.

For what it's worth, a very reliable insider (thuway) said it's "not a rumor". It's happening for sure, we just don't know when.

Correctamundo.

Though I will be very interested if that does happen since I imagine devs who are making HD collections will be a bit 'ahem' =p

So, it appears that Amazon UK are doing a Watch Dogs bundle and the AC4 bundle for £384.99 each. So effectively, you're only paying £35 for the game. Not bad at all.

Rumor: 

PS4 to get...

Backwards compatibility at long last!?

Excellent! Even better if later it'll become BC with the PS3 too! Then I'll be able to obtain the KH remixes and whatnot!

If the PS1/PS2 native BC compatability thing is true then ohmaigosh i will be so happy

i would finally be able to use my ps2 dvd games for the first time in years

Even better if later it'll become BC with the PS3 too! Then I'll be able to obtain the KH remixes and whatnot!

Not happening. Ever.

PS1/PS2 BC would be awesome.

Backwards compatibility at long last!?

Excellent! Even better if later it'll become BC with the PS3 too! Then I'll be able to obtain the KH remixes and whatnot!

Sorry, ain't ever gonna happen cause of this bad boy

322451-dbz_cell_06.jpg

Not surprising with Last of Us coming to PS4. There's gonna be a summer drought and Sony would rather push out a port than nothing at all. Especially if it's a port of one of the biggest games last year.

There's also that GTAV coming to PS4 in June rumor/leak. I might double dip, depending on what they come with.

Does TLOU really need a port? It's been out for less then a year/roughly a year right? That's too soon. 1080P/60FPS aren't that big a deal anyway, it's just prettier graphics stuff that on it's own doesn't justify a port at this stage of the game's life.

But on the other hand I haven't played it yet and the PS4 port would give me a chance too since I have no PS3, so that part of me likes this. So I'm basically very split about this. This is of course provided Sony prices the PS4 version at a full 60 bucks: if they made it cheaper then I'd be perfectly fine with it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Does TLOU really need a port? It's been out for less then a year/roughly a year right? That's too soon. 1080P/60FPS aren't that big a deal anyway, it's just prettier graphics stuff that on it's own doesn't justify a port at this stage of the game's life.

But on the other hand I haven't played it yet and the PS4 port would give me a chance too since I have no PS3, so that part of me likes this. So I'm basically very split about this. This is of course provided Sony prices the PS4 version at a full 60 bucks: if they made it cheaper then I'd be perfectly fine with it.

Speak for yourself, dude. If you don't want it, don't buy it. I was ready for a port the moment the credits rolled, 1080p/60fps is a huge deal.

Last of Us getting a port? I don't see much sense in making it... It was released really late in the PS3's life, and right now most adapters of the PS4 are Sony fans, People who can't afford a gaming PC (like me), and enthusiasts. There's a virtual overlap in userbase. I mean, it could be useful as a definitive showcase of the PS4, but that's about it.

I got TLOU fairly early, so I'm not interested.

Rumor: 

PS4 to get...

2. Bluray+Media Player updates

https://twitter.com/thuway/status/448330251878531072

If true = Huge! 

Man, the only PS2 game I need at 1080p right now is Viewtiful Joe.

Help me out here Sony/Capcom.

I also want to play Viewtiful Joe on the Vita via Remote Play.  Please.

Speak for yourself, dude. If you don't want it, don't buy it. I was ready for a port the moment the credits rolled, 1080p/60fps is a huge deal.

I can get 60fps because that actually affects gameplay by making the game smoother, but 1080P? It's nice, but all it does is make the game prettier and literally nothing else. It doesn't add anything to the game itself other then the resolution bump making it look nicer. Doesn't seem worth a port over unless they're pulling a Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and actually updating assets.  

I hope you guys are ready to eat crow when this and GTA V sell like hotcakes. tongue.png

Because sales totally have something to do with a game's quality, right?

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope you guys are ready to eat crow when this and GTA V sell like hotcakes. tongue.png

GTA maybe, but a port of TLOU after only just a year? Not likely; I don't think people are willing to shell out money for a mere performance upgrade.

By comparison, how well did TR Definitive Edition do?

I can get 60fps because that actually affects gameplay by making the game smoother, but 1080P? It's nice, but all it does is make the game prettier and literally nothing else. It doesn't add anything to the game itself other then the resolution bump making it look nicer. Doesn't seem worth a port over unless they're pulling a Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and actually updating assets.  

Because sales totally have something to do with a game's quality, right?

Well if we're bringing quality into the equation, then we're quite literally talking about taking one of the greatest, most critically acclaimed games of all time and making it better. What's the problem?

GTA maybe, but a port of TLOU after only just a year? Not likely; I don't think people are willing to shell out money for a mere performance upgrade.

By comparison, how well did TR Definitive Edition do?

I'll make an avatar bet with the both of you. I say 700,000 copies sold by it's first full month on the market. You in? Pick any picture and if I'm wrong, it'll be my avatar for a month.

If I win, I'll crop this (it's a fake mockup before anyone freaks out) into avatar size for ya. Well? wink.png

5334978c68b6c.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Well if we're bringing quality into the equation, then we're quite literally talking about taking one of the greatest, most critically acclaimed games of all time and making it better. What's the problem?

The problem would be that I don't really see the point of it unless it's for people who haven't played the game yet. I don't think that many people who already own the game will just jump on anther 60 bucks just for a resolution and framerate update, and clearly with the 6-million sales figures many have already bought the game. 

And if it's for people who have not played it yet, they can just put it on PS Now. Don't see the point of a whole port. 

not everyone is a graphics whore like you dissy lol jk bro

I never got the Last of Us, but I've been considering it. I'll hold off for when I eventually get a PS4, since this is set to have the core game and the DLC.

The problem would be that I don't really see the point of it unless it's for people who haven't played the game yet. I don't think that many people who already own the game will just jump on anther 60 bucks just for a resolution and framerate update, and clearly with the 6-million sales figures many have already bought the game. 

And if it's for people who have not played it yet, they can just put it on PS Now. Don't see the point of a whole port. 

not everyone is a graphics whore like you dissy lol jk bro

There is a market for this, you know.

Off topic: It's actually quite amusing be an active member both here and on GAF, lol. The demographics are almost polar opposites. :P

• Thumbs Up 1