Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

Prices for the PS4 and its accessories are getting jacked up in Canada.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/14/playstation-4-prices-going-up-in-canada

Still not as expensive as what we are paying in the UK and ESPECIALLY Brazil.

are you fucking serious what the fuck IS YOUR DAMAGE SONY?! Why in fuck would they need to do this, now it's only 50 bucks away from the price of the Xbox One as opposed to 100! They're taking advantage of their current popularity, those damn bastards......

Thank god I put the order through for mine before the price went up, I hope it didn't get affected. 

are you fucking serious what the fuck IS YOUR DAMAGE SONY?! Why in fuck would they need to do this, now it's only 50 bucks away from the price of the Xbox One as opposed to 100! They're taking advantage of their current popularity, those damn bastards......

Thank god I put the order through for mine before the price went up, I hope it didn't get affected.

This is actually happening to a lot of gaming stuff in general, due to the Canadian dollar recently depreciating in value.

http://o.canada.com/technology/gaming/price-of-new-video-games-in-canada-might-raise-between-5-and-10/

This is actually happening to a lot of gaming stuff in general, due to the Canadian dollar recently depreciating in value.

http://o.canada.com/technology/gaming/price-of-new-video-games-in-canada-might-raise-between-5-and-10/

Either way it still sucks for every Canadian who wanted a PS4 and was happy about it's 399 price tag/couldn't afford a higher one, yet hadn't got the chance to buy yet.

However as I have now checked my Amazon order I am not affected. Yay. 

Hyper Light Drifter, coming to PS4 (and Vita).

This game looks so fucking good. So glad cross-buy is such a common thing on PSN, I'll be switching between Vita and PS4 every day.

Race the Sun. ANOTHER indie game coming to PS3, PS4 and Vita. It's cross-buy and cross-save too. This game will be amazing with the VR headset.

Race the Sun. ANOTHER indie game coming to PS3, PS4 and Vita. It's cross-buy and cross-save too. This game will be amazing with the VR headset.

lol, I watched both of those trailers just today. This one looks pretty great too. I'll buy it when it comes out.

It reminds me the abridged Sony conference at E3: "You guys like indie games? 'cause we have all of them. Focking all of them. Count them. All of them. Get with us, and we will treat you like a princess."

Details of the next BIG PS4 update. Good news indeed.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/03/19/new-ps4-update-add-share-enhancements-hdcp/

• Share functionality improvements
  • HDCP removal (HDCP prevents capture cards and other HDMI devices from working when plugged into the system)
  • Higher Twitch/Ustream resolution (now 720p)
  • Save screenshots/videos with the Share Button onto a USB drive
  • Editing tool improvements
  • Longer clip times
More will be announced soon. No release date announced yet but it will come "soon". I'm excited, now please add MP3 and DLNA support next Sony, also customizable themes.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Any word on that patch that was supposed to patch in external HDD support and MP3 playing support? 

Any word on that patch that was supposed to patch in external HDD support and MP3 playing support? 

Not according to their blog post, none of this was mentioned, but I'm sure it's on the way..

There are a few other things Krazybean forgot to mention though, like:

1. You’ll also be able to export to and save the videos and screenshots you create by pressing the SHARE button to a USB drive.

2. As part of a separate system software update in the future, we have been working with our partners at Twitch and Ustream, and will also be adding the ability for Twitch broadcasts to be archived – another highly requested feature among PS4 fans who are taking advantage of the SHARE button features.

Not according to their blog post, none of this was mentioned, but I'm sure it's on the way..

There are a few other things Krazybean forgot to mention though, like:

1. You’ll also be able to export to and save the videos and screenshots you create by pressing the SHARE button to a USB drive.

2. As part of a separate system software update in the future, we have been working with our partners at Twitch and Ustream, and will also be adding the ability for Twitch broadcasts to be archived – another highly requested feature among PS4 fans who are taking advantage of the SHARE button features.

I mentioned number one. I didn't mention number two however.

Another reason I love this update is that I'll hopefully be able to have clear lag free videos on my channel. Instead of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5TAy8jmk_8

I was recording my livestream on my computer with milerius action and if you can't tell the quality is degraded and the framerate of the video is a little sluggish. For now this is the best I can do, since I don't have any kind of capture device, like an HDPVR or Elegato. 

the infamous bundle was sold out when i had money to preorder

now it's back up but i lent some money so can't buy, fuck

#firstworldproblems

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm still saving for my PS4. Probably won't have one until summer at the earliest, but aside from Infamous, none of the current games interest me.

Yeah, a new Infamous is the big draw for me. I'm getting one this year for sure and it's not going to drop in price so might as well go for it early.

Besides, I wasn't going to buy any PS3 games that are cross gen or have high chances to get a PS4 release (hello dark souls). I've been postponing stuff like Tomb Raider or Rayman until I can play better versions, might as well start catching up during summer.

PS4 games are also fucking expensive. €60-€70 here in France, no doubt the same in Spain. I'll probably import my games from the UK though, but they're still £55 new there. I might just get a PS4 along with Arkham Knight, since that's really the game that sealed the deal for me.

So Infamous came out... and PS4 sales jumped by 106%...

The release of InFamous: Second Son has given PS4 hardware sales a big jump in the UK.

MCV has been told by a trusted retail source that sales of PS4 consoles jumped 106 per cent last week as exclusive title InFamous: Second Son debuted on Sony’s machine, jumping straight to No.1 in the process.

That’s a bigger jump than Xbox One enjoyed following the release of Titanfall – that saw sales of Microsoft’s machine jump 96 per cent.

InFamous today debuted at No.1 in the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40.

Wheres that GIF of the "I was beaten by the police" guy from Sucker Punch looking amazed? 

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ps4-hardware-sales-jump-106-on-infamous-second-son-launch/0130068

Not bad for a current gen exclusive on a console that's hard to get a hold of.

There was an inFamous SS bundle. I assume that they were all sold out.

Anyway, here's another article about how awesome it is to develop for PS4:

Ubisoft: "OH MAH GAWSH GAIS! The PS4 is a SUPAH GREAT MATCH for Watch Dogs!"

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/24/ubisoft-watch-dogs-a-great-match-for-playstation-4

More staff layoffs at SCE Studios but this time the UK based developers Evolution Studios (currently working on DriveClub), Guerrilla Cambridge (Killzone: Mercenary, used to do MediEvil) and SCE London (mainly do the more casual stuff like SingStar, WonderBook, etc): http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/driveclub/news/evolution_studios_guerrilla_cambridge_and_sce_london_studio_hit_by_layoffs.html

Regular reviews take place throughout SCE Worldwide Studios, ensuring that the resources that we have in such a competitive business can create and produce high quality, innovative and commercially viable projects.

As part of this process, we have reviewed and assessed all current projects and have decided to make some changes to some of our European Studios. As a result of this, there will be a focused restructure within London Studio, Guerrilla Cambridge Studio and Evolution Studio to ensure that the SCE WWS is in the best position to achieve their goals going forward.

Our first party development studios are key to our creative strategy and we are very excited about the future projects being worked on.

Sony do say that this won't affect the development of DriveClub though even though there is no release date apart from a vague 2014 date.