Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

PlayStation Now Beta now has a "Rental" system and has had more games added to it's catalog of games available for rent (increasing the number of games available to rent up to twenty). Contrast, FUEL, GRID, NIGHTS into dreams..., Puppeteer, and Pixeljunk Shooter 2 are just some of the noteworthy games recently added. The "Rental" system allows one to rent games for free for one day, a week (seven days), or an entire month (thirty days).

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/04/22/playstation-now-beta-has-rental-system-and-a-ton-of-new-games

Also, some .gifs, just for fun.

original.gif

il6Wx5NemvtlV.gif

2455337-3621025128-23718.gif

NiGHTS is on there? Maybe other SEGA games will appear on there? Maybe that's what the PSN release of Sonic Unleashed was about...

Yeah, Flower on PS4 has 1080p, double the framerate, increased grass density, the better dual shock 4 gyros and it's free if you already owned it.

Well worth a replay..

If I own the disc version, would I still be able to get the PS4 version free?

If I own the disc version, would I still be able to get the PS4 version free?

No, unfortunately.

Why not just let people turn it off? I think that would be more appreciated.

There's probably some technical reason as to why it has to be on. I can't imagine they'd be so stubborn about it for no reason at all.

I recall reading a topic on GAF about some guys who took out the lamps and everything worked fine and even improved battery life.

I don't find the light bar on the DS4 to be distracting at all. Honestly I think it looks kind of cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

Neither do I, I think it looks cool also.

Though I wouldn't mind adjusting it or turning it off sometimes, it is the main source of battery drain. Someone modded it to turn off the light, battery length lasts several hours longer.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't have a PS4, so I can't say whether or not it bothers me, but I just see so many people requesting that option, that it seems odd that Sony wouldn't just give them that choice.

Does it REALLY improve the battery life by that much if it's off? Yeah, sure it will a little bit but It's an LED, and LEDs are very energy efficient.

Does it REALLY improve the battery life by that much if it's off? Yeah, sure it will a little bit but It's an LED, and LEDs are very energy efficient.

Only telling you what I've been told.

Apparently it's one of the if not the most major battery hogs on the pad, exceptions are constant rumbling or use of the touch pad. But only the light is constantly on and in use compared to using the touch pad and the rumble.

Ok forget the last post these are all the features of Sharefactory.

Oh look it has a dedicated area on Sony's website finally.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just installed the PS4 updated 1.70.

You can now change the blue light on the Dualshock 4 to either; bright, medium, or dim from the settings menu. 

Settings - Devices - Controllers - Brightness of Dualshock 4 Lightbulb - Bright/Medium or Dim

I've tried it and it does make a noticeable difference.

Can't wait to try the video editing features.

Ok what the fuck is going on.

Just updated the new firmware and the screen will not stop flickering?

Ok what the fuck is going on.

Just updated the new firmware and the screen will not stop flickering?

Try this:

1. Change resolution from auto to 1080p
2. Change setting for deep color output from on to OFF
3. Change audio from linear lcm to bitstream DTS
You then can set resolution back to auto.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Right fixed the problem.

The new firmware includes a new setting called 'Deep Colour mode' (or something like that).

Designed to make colours look nicer or something... Sounds great right? 

Well it would.... except only new TVs support the thing so older ones (like mine) respond by flickering to the point where it's near unplayable.

Downloading the new firmware, turns this mode on at default, once you disable it... it works fine.

So if you have that problem like I did, go to settings then the screen display and turn off the deep colour thing.

That isn't the only problem I'm hearing though. Reddit has complained file corruptions, HDD not being identified, and black screens. 

Notes on the brightness bar.

Bright = The original brightness.

Medium = Very noticeable drop in the light levels.

Dim = It's still a light, but... if you didn't know it was a light you might be fooled.

Everything's fine on my end, but then again all I've done is update the system and downloaded sharefactory; that was 4 hours ago.

A few sharefactory experiments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tbfgXUt9g0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3xwRInbRCA

• Thumbs Up 1