Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

Sooooo.........Everything Is Awesome for you?

I'm still saving for my PS4. I started a couple of weeks ago and I've earned about £60 already, but that's with my parents and I being ill recently. I'll hopefully have the system by July.

Everything Is Awesome for you?

Oh? 

.... Oh...?

housemarquelgurn.png

OH!

OHHHHH!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

The Last of Us Remastered box art

TLOU-Remastered-PS4-IGN.jpg

Description:
Winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards, The Last of Us has been rebuilt for the PlayStation 4 system. Now featuring full 1080p, higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, in addition to several other gameplay improvements. 20 years after a pandemic has radically changed known civilization, infected humans run wild and survivors are killing each other for food, weapons; whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a violent survivor, is hired to smuggle a 14 year-old girl, Ellie, out of an oppressive military quarantine zone, but what starts as a small job soon transforms into a brutal journey across the U.S. The Last of Us Remastered includes the Abandoned Territories Map Pack, Reclaimed Territories Map Pack, and the critically acclaimed The Last of Us: Left Behind Single Player campaign that combines themes of survival, loyalty, and love with tense, survival-action gameplay.

Interview:

Sooooo.........Everything Is Awesome for you?

I'm still saving for my PS4. I started a couple of weeks ago and I've earned about £60 already, but that's with my parents and I being ill recently. I'll hopefully have the system by July.

Are you talking to me? DX

But anyway, while I have inFamous: Second Son and LEGO movie, I decided to shelf those games until I finish my exams. -.-

Still playing a bit of Sound Shapes on it though, then tried out Remote Play. I loved trying it out. I get to see the whole of the PS4 UI on my Vita and basically control my entire PS4 on the Vita. 

Again, only got to play Sound Shapes on remote play...but let's just say I rather use the Vita version. Don't get me wrong, the experience is awesome and playable but I can sense a tiny lag. So I can't really play any Hatsune Miku games on remote play. =/

Are you talking to me? DX

Oh right, it was meant to be a LEGO Movie reference since you got the game and a PS4. :)

I might get a Vita for remote play, but I'm not sure. In games that need triggers, are the rear touch pads used instead?

As for TLoU on PS4, I probably won't buy it with the console, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Holy shit, the details on Sackboy is gorgeous.

You think so? He looks kinda bland there to me, but I wasn't really expecting much out of Playroom tech wise to begin with. I'm expecting much more from Media Molecule.

2.8's not bad for this point in its life cycle actually. Not astounding but it's good.

Also obligatory "the king has returned":

384f120b035e81f41cf9dc4dc24be333-ps4-the

About time for that exporting option, goddam.

I'm expecting much more from Media Molecule.

dat dragon dildo sculpting simulator

now with VR

• Thumbs Up 2

7 million PS4 hardware sales?

More like 7 million people waiting for the next Ratchet and Clank game.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm so proud to be part of that 7 million. <3

But yeah I'm still waiting for LBP and Ratchet's PS4 debuts...

(Which reminds me, I still have to open LBP Vita...curse you exams! T~T)

Man how did this thing get so far when it has even less good games to play then the Wii-U at the moment? I suppose good marketing and hype go a long way.....it worked on me at least as I own one now. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Man how did this thing get so far when it has even less good games to play then the Wii-U at the moment? I suppose good marketing and hype go a long way.....it worked on me at least as I own one now.

It's pretty obvious though, in my opinion:

- Best versions of multiplatform games

- Well established brand following up on several good years for PS3

- Great PR and marketing

- Cheaper than Xbox

- Promise of future games

- Indie friendly

- Most powerful current gen console

It's just a well designed system all around. Contrary to what a lot of people like to say onlne, good hardware is a selling point, and a well designed machine can do a good job of selling itself for a short while without the need for AAA exclusives. The PS4 may not have as many games worth playing as Wii U in your opinion (personally I already own three PS4 games, but am only really interested in vying two Wii U games, neither of which are out yet), but it's a well built box with a much brighter future ahead of it.

Edit - I forgot sharing and greater social media integration.

.....greater social media integration.

b8b2926bd27d4307569ad119b6025f94.gif

Have Sony announced plans to add external hard drive support yet? 500GB really isn't enough considering game sizes now.

b8b2926bd27d4307569ad119b6025f94.gif

Have Sony announced plans to add external hard drive support yet? 500GB really isn't enough considering game sizes now.

Yeah, they did. They just haven't made a release for the update yet.

Sony's marketing for the console was far superior against all other competitors bar none.

Last year while Nintendo had a headstart, had very poor marketing for their console (and for goodness sake, I still can't get a replacement tablet) and Microsoft were downright ignorant and pathetic up to after E3 when it was too little too late.

Microsoft almost killed themselves before the next gen race even began. They didn't know how important E3 was that year. One chance only. Blew it.

Sony were the only ones that ticked the most boxes for what we want as the next gen console. That's why they got that 7 million (and counting). That's why they are leading the race against Wii U (despite its year headstart) and XONE.

And believe me, even though the PS4 has little-to-no games at the moment it will eventually shine starting from the end of this year.

Personally Microsoft consoles have never interested me at the slightest, not because I hate Xbox but because of 1) $50 to access Netflix, YouTube and stuff...screw that, and 2) because it's for the shooters audience. Titanfall, CoD DLC exclusivity, Sunset Overdrive, Halo, Crimson Dragon, Gears of War. Oh and Kinect, that still has problems. I want variety. And Sony and Nintendo are way better with that.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 million PS4 hardware sales?

More like 7 million people waiting for the next Ratchet and Clank game.

Or 7 million who are still waiting for a relevant PS4 game. Uncharted 4 or something. >> Seriously, console is all about generating hype, nothing more. Where are the exclusive PS4 games Sony?

Or 7 million who are still waiting for a relevant PS4 game. Uncharted 4 or something. >> Seriously, console is all about generating hype, nothing more. Where are the exclusive PS4 games Sony?

... We got one less than a month ago.

Ah yus, but apart from that (which wasn't exactly an AMAZING game anyway) what else does the console have to offer besides a bunch of multiplatform games and one or two exclusives?

I can see why the PS4 is so appealing though, certainly more so than an Xbone! But I'm not buying it until I see more games that interest me. And of course get the money to buy one in the first place.

To be fair, SO many people who've played Infamous have called it underwhelming. I'm kinda dissapointed by that news, really.