Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

Whatever happened to all those amazing Japanese developers from back in the PS1/PS2 days?

They either started making stupid decisions like trying to westernize their IPs, spitting in the face of their fans with stuff like on-disc DLC, stopped caring about their IPs and focusing in a single one and of course making two sequels to a mediocre game.

The good ones either just don't have resources to work on the new consoles or will still stick around with the PS3 for a while since that is where most of the fanbase will be for a couple of years.

Final Fantasy XV and Metal Gear Solid 5 look good so far, though.

Whatever happened to games like Ape Escape?

Ape Escape? Well, after the multiple spin-offs that never left Japan like Million Monkeys, Ape Escape Racing and Ape Quest, they started making party games like Ape Academy, Monkey Mania and finally that PS Move game in 2010.

Nowadays Japan Studio still makes some amazing games like Gravity Rush, Tokyo Jungle, Soul Sacrifice and Puppeteer.

I want to get a PS4, either later this year or next year. More likely next year as there will hopefully be the new Sonic game, and there'll be a lots of new and pre owned games. I have not finished with my 360 yet as there is still a lot of games I want to play on it.

Y'think we might hear more about FFXV at E3...? I'm already completely sold on getting a PS4, but right now, none of its games are appealing to me.

The day XV releases... That's when I plan on buying a PS4. Hopefully there might even be a price drop by then!

Will there be a price cut this year? I really doubt it, considering its a new console. Retailer price cuts are likely though.

I expect FFXV won't come out until next year. And that's when I might get the console too, though of course there have to be more games on it that interest me since I'm not going to throw away money on a console with hardly anything I want.

Ape Escape? Well, after the multiple spin-offs that never left Japan like Million Monkeys, Ape Escape Racing and Ape Quest, they started making party games like Ape Academy, Monkey Mania and finally that PS Move game in 2010. Nowadays Japan Studio still makes some amazing games like Gravity Rush, Tokyo Jungle, Soul Sacrifice and Puppeteer.

Oh, at least they're still making good games! Just a shame they've abandoned Ape Escape. I know they made Knack too but...eugh, I played the demo a while back and it's not exactly great. XD

Will there be a price cut this year? I really doubt it...

Probably not. They'd have no reason to unless Microsoft somehow undercuts them.

Probably not. They'd have no reason to unless Microsoft somehow undercuts them.

Well there were rumours of a cheaper Xbone....

Cheaper than $399?

Yes, if I could find the source I'll let you know. It was a $99 console, but there was a monthly fee (I don't remember how much)...scratch that I think that was for xbox 360.

Edit: yep xbox 360 http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/07/microsoft-officially-offering-xbox-360-4gb-console-for-99-dollars/

As for the xbone rumor. http://www.ibtimes.com/xbox-one-price-drop-debunked-microsoft-says-399-console-rumors-are-untrue-1553010

It's already been confirmed to be false. Also that wouldn't make sense to get rid of the blu ray player.

No, there was a rumoured Kinect-less one which was later "debunked" (though that's probably so sales don't a slow down on the current model until the rumoured cheaper one releases).

I want to get a PS4, either later this year or next year. More likely next year as there will hopefully be the new Sonic game, and there'll be a lots of new and pre owned games. I have not finished with my 360 yet as there is still a lot of games I want to play on it.

Possibly. But for the PS3 Sonic Games, expect that to return on PlayStation Now Soon. I don't know if any of thoes games will return but it's being discuessed

Will there be a price cut this year? I really doubt it, considering its a new console. Retailer price cuts are likely though.

I don't know for the PS4. I can tell that the Xbox One is getting a Price cut in the UK (At $449 in US$) tho it's possible there's a Price Cut to come before or around the Summer thanks to a bigger supply on the PS4. I'm still taking the PS4 for granted but not at a time where Supply is low. When there's a good supply and/or there's a possibe price drop, I'm gonna get it.

So, this happened...

s13-e1394527298184.jpg?w=649

PS4 tings r in stoc moss side brevs

But seriously, what is this I don't even....I'll have to buy my PS4 in Argos for the response though!

• Thumbs Up 6

So, this happened...

But seriously, what is this I don't even....I'll have to buy my PS4 in Argos for the response though!

LOL! That's definitely 100% British "Badman, Gangsta" talk. Amazing.

About time the PS4 is getting some more stock. This is like the Wii all over again. I'm really glad that I got mine at launch now.

So, this happened...

This is literally the best thing ever.

As a man who comes from a "Chavvy" region of north-west London, this amuses me greatly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Chav? I don't know why I read that with a Jamaican accent.

Same here. Though I heard that 'chav talk' is based off Jamaican accents in some way, apart from the poor vocabulary. That's just poor vocabulary.

Well since is this just as much of a Playstation topic,

So apparently, you can now rent certain games off the Playstation Store.

cpMbA4U.jpg

People who download it says it's listed under Playstation Now

Beta announcement incoming at GDC?

There's a 1, 7, and 30 day rental trial.

LolGamefly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Regarding Catherine, a guy on PSNstores said:

"I got around to checking it out myself minutes ago, and there are in fact rental options on the title for 1, 7 , or 30 days. I attempted to purchase one of the options and did go through a full check out. However the title was not added to my download list. So checking further I looked at the “Services List” under Transaction Management and what did I find… an entry for Catherine PSNow. Even-though I selected the “1 Day Rental” the expiration date looks to be set 1 month ahead. So seeing how the title isn’t added to the download list, this falls directly in line with how the streaming PS Now service will work. Instead of downloading it, you have access to stream the game for the amount of time under the rental or for as long as you have a PS Now membership I would assume for select games.

Obviously we can see that during the PlayStation maintenance some wires got crossed, but it is cool to see some of the options PS Now offers. With the program in closed beta currently and an expected release window for this summer, maybe we will hear some more about PS Now next week during GDC."