Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

I wasn't saying that I wanted it, I was just saying that apparently there was an app for it on there.

Lol.

Oh then no, the apps have to be approved by XBL which would go against their policys.

127,000 views, that's... 254 dollars or so? A little bit higher or lower depending on prevalence of adblock usage and click-through rate and...

...wait. He has no ads on the video if my disabled ABP is any indication. This is just stupid on his part. Professional destruction videos can fetch a pretty profit for stuff like this, but... this really is just a waste of money.

Yes, guys, I am aware that people do this for every new console launch for page views. That doesn't make it any less stupid or any less of a waste. The thing is sold out at most places and there are people out there who want one for Christmas, but obviously can't get one. They could have also done something charitable with it.

I can think of a lot better things to give people than a PS4. If a video game console is on your "need list," then IMO, you're not needy.

Edited by Ogilvie
  • Thumbs Up 1

So I started playing Killzone today. I know a lot were worried about the mandatory installation and how that would work, so allow me to describe my experience -

1. Insert disc into PS4

2. Killzone icon appears on dashboard

3. Select icon

4. Wait about five seconds (? Wasn't counting, didn't notice)

5. Main menu. 

6. "Start Campaign"

7. Wait five seconds (?)

8. Game begins

I could hear the disc whirring inside the console; it was kind of loud, but nothing too bad. About the same as a desktop computer or something. After a while, the whirring stopped. I'm guessing that this is the installation at work. 

So what to take away from this - Installations are mandatory now, so what happens when you run out of space? Just delete a game you're not currently playing (you'll keep your save), and allow it to install the next time you want to play it.

• Thumbs Up 1

127,000 views, that's... 254 dollars or so?

You're forgetting new subscribers and people checking out the rest of his videos.

23 little things that annoy us about the PS4
http://www.gamesradar.com/little-things-annoy-us-about-ps4/?utm_medium=owned&awesm=awe.sm_t448b&utm_source=facebook

Keep in mind that they say:

These are our slight pet peeves with the PS4--things that aren't at all deal breakers, but we groan at them all the same.

One of those things is... Watch Dogs got delayed...

Another is 'the controller glow relfects off the telly'

• Thumbs Up 2

I wish people would destroy consoles at launch with style like this

:/ It's more of a show for his guns then the system. It's a waste, this is the same guy who shot his iphone 5s. And on another forum where I saw it first people there thought the damn thing was going to be bullet proof. Why do people do this? I'm so confused?

So I got to see a PS4 for the first time today... Didn't get to play on it since the nutter in front of me in the line broke the telly... no not the PS4, he broke the telly.

Anyway.

You can tell a difference. The jump from the PS3 to the 4, you can bloody tell... the UI runs so much smoother, faster and looks a lot cleaner than the PS3 has EVER looked/run in it's entire life. Every game I saw the nut case on looks better.

Those who were wondering about the jump from this gen to next. You can so bloody tell.

So I got to see a PS4 for the first time today... Didn't get to play on it since the nutter in front of me in the line broke the telly... no not the PS4, he broke the telly.

Anyway.

You can tell a difference. The jump from the PS3 to the 4, you can bloody tell... the UI runs so much smoother, faster and looks a lot cleaner than the PS3 has EVER looked/run in it's entire life. Every game I saw the nut case on looks better.

Those who were wondering about the jump from this gen to next. You can so bloody tell.

What? How on earth did he manage that?

Anyway that's brilliant news about the UI, as good as the XMB was it always took an age to even start up,

What? How on earth did he manage that?

Anyway that's brilliant news about the UI, as good as the XMB was it always took an age to even start up,

He decided that 'yes, it's a good idea to hit the screen/wall with my hand' (didn't see it, just heard the bang and then the staff yelled security and they came running over.' and then the telly went black but the PS4 was still working.

The other Game store also had a PS4, but the line to go on it was huge. Though they were playing Fifa so... yeah.

Edit: Should also point out, There was also an Xbox One at Game too, but it wasn't available to play, just running videos on a demo. So check out your local Game stores, they might have the next gen pods in.

• Thumbs Up 1

More than 2.3 million people are on waiting lists for their PS4s.

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/11/21/playstation-4-gamestop-waiting-list/?__lsa=972d-5cbf

GameStop Corp., the largest specialty retailer of video games, said its initial allocation of Sony Corp. PlayStation 4 consoles sold out and that 2.3 million customers are waiting for the devices.

Initial sales of the player exceeded its predecessor, the PlayStation 3, by more than 80% in the first few days, executives of the Grapevine, Texas-based chain said today on a conference call with analysts. They also anticipate a large waiting list for Microsoft Corp.’s Xbox One, suggesting a prolonged industry sales slump is ending.

Holy crap. Isn't that more than the Wii U's LTD?

Is this in the US alone?

I think that's just the US. And the UK still has to get through its launch.

Edited by Noel

Is this in the US alone?

Reading the article again, it sounds like it's just for Gamestop. But they operate out of the US, so no.

Reading the article again, it sounds like it's just for Gamestop. But they operate out of the US, so no.

And that is also true.

More than 2.3 million people are on waiting lists for their PS4s.

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/11/21/playstation-4-gamestop-waiting-list/?__lsa=972d-5cbf

#XboxDone  #Nintendoomed

No, but seriously, this is rather staggering. I really hope this does lead to a 6th-generation type scenario for this gen (I.e, PS dominates everything), because that gen (and the PS2) were both amazing. 

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one who genuinely does not agree with the idea of an entire generation where one single company completely dominates?

• Thumbs Up 6

Am I the only one who genuinely does not agree with the idea of an entire generation where one single company completely dominates?

...I'd be OK with it. The PS1 and PS2 output had some of the greatest titles ever and people could experiment however they wanted knowing there was a huge userbase for their games. Sure, this entire gen is debatably a story of Sony's arrogance and complacency from constant domination, but they seem to have learned their lesson.

Plus, most of the industry's generations have been marked with one company dominating, including this one(only gen that comes to mind where it didn't happen are Sonic's 16-bit glory days). If anything, this is a return to the days that once were.

EDIT: The list includes Xbox Ones in that list as well as PS4s.

Edited by FourCartridge
  • Thumbs Up 1

...I'd be OK with it. The PS1 and PS2 output had some of the greatest titles ever and people could experiment however they wanted knowing there was a huge userbase for their games. Sure, this entire gen is debatably a story of Sony's arrogance and complacency from constant domination, but they seem to have learned their lesson.

Plus, most of the industry's generations have been marked with one company dominating, including this one(only gen that comes to mind where it didn't happen are Sonic's 16-bit glory days). If anything, this is a return to the days that once were.

EDIT: The list includes Xbox Ones in that list as well as PS4s.

What list are you referring to here?

Also, I wouldn't say Sony was arrogant the WHOLE gen. Just for the first 2 or 3 years. Then they became awesome again, and lo and behold, Microsoft started sucking a few years later that with Kinect and ads on the 360 Dashboard..............

Edited by Chaos Warp

Also, I wouldn't say Sony was arrogant the WHOLE gen. Just for the first 2 or 3 years. Then they became awesome again, and lo and behold, Microsoft started sucking a few years later that with Kinect and ads on the 360 Dashboard..............

You're doing it again.

I really do find the notion of a single domineering company over large stretches of time to be an abhorrent concept. Competition is good - complacency is weakness.

Edited by Chronozoah

What list are you referring to here?

Financial Post has updated the story; apparently the list included people waiting for an Xbox One. Though it's being disputed on GAF by a person who went though the conference call:

The exact quote:

You're doing it again.

You don't agree with the fact that Sony was arrogant for the first 2 to 3 years of this gen (599 US dollars and expecting everyone to just jump on board) and then became awesome (awesome exclusives, PS plus free games and discounts) and that Microsoft started going downhill with the Kinect (would have been fine if it it had actually fucking worked most of the time) and ads on the 360 dashboard (no need for them to be there other then greed and $)? Mabye suck is too strong a word for what I'm spesifically describing.

Edited by Chaos Warp