Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

I still find it pointless to have a bundle with both the PS4 and Vita. It's like Sony wants to get rid of their poorly selling handhelds so bad, they want sell it as an extra controller instead. Not to mention the extra money it costs to get both in the same bundle! 

Oh, so we're gonna forget this used to be a handheld and now it's just a controller for the PS4? That's nice.

The Vita is roughly the equivalent to the Wii U gamepad had it been an optional add-on to a much cheaper console, as far as PS4 connectivity goes. Makes sense to bundle it at a discount, especially if it'll boost Vita sales and warrant more games on the thing.

Yeah, I'd like my Vita not being reduced to peripheral status if at all possible. Anyway, I don't find the sales in the UK a shock. Wasn't the previous record the PSP? They really do love their PlayStation.

What's also shocking is that the mediocre game Knack is selling more than Super Mario 3D World.

Oh and the PS4 has outsold the Wii U lifetime sales in the UK already.

I still don't think it's that surprising considering it's the UK, but it was apparently a common pack-in title at stores too.

I knew this will happen long ago. We love PlayStation over here.

The Brits do? Last gen, the PS3 is currently dead last in sales.

Generally they do take a shine to the PlayStation brand. Though this could have to do with price as well. PS3 was definitely far too much at launch.

Generally they do take a shine to the PlayStation brand. Though this could have to do with price as well. PS3 was definitely far too much at launch.

But so do us Americans and the Japanese...

It was only last gen Sony completely messed up to be honest.

Fingers crossed for the real PS2 successor.

Oh come on, can't we have a PS1 successor first? =P

This gen seems to be heading in that direction anyway; PS4 = PS1, XBO = N64, Wii U = Saturn.

• Thumbs Up 1

Goodness. The HYPE for PS4 was massive over in Germany. 

0:15 to let the massive HYPE war for PS4's begin.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsKHrWiYu4U

That's straight outta a zombie movie, I swear. Heck, you could put this over the video and it wouldn't make much of a difference:

The PS4 is the fastest selling console EVER in the UK.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/02/playstation-4-is-the-uks-fast-selling-console-in-history

I knew this will happen long ago. We love PlayStation over here.

Sony HQ when they got the news report:

iRGZnZMGtPIBI.gif?w=600&h=197

Dunno about you but despite Sony botching up the launch, I thought the PS3 was pretty swell, with a bunch of great new IPs. LBP, MNR, inFamous, UnCharted, R&C: Future series, etc. Blu-Ray exclusivity and PSN were also great additions to the PS3 era.

That said, the PS4 looks like it won't be a repeat of that mess-everyone's flocking to get one. PS4 hype has through the roof everywhere.

VaVoiK1.gif?w=600&h=165

• Thumbs Up 6

Those clerks have serious balls. If i saw a bunch of crazy germans stampeding at me I'd still be running

also

iMYAdMT27HSpq.gif

im dying here

Oh man. No matter how terrible the XBone is in my eyes, that image still makes me shed a tear for Microsoft. Figuratively, anyway. I wonder what the guy stationed at the Xbox One table is thinking. 

"Wait guys! Mine is good too..."

It'll be so nice to have pretty much almost everyone on the same console again. Will make things so much simpler for playing games with people. 

• Thumbs Up 1

....so what is the PS3? Chopped liver?

....so what is the PS3? Chopped liver?

Well compared to the amazingness of the PS2, yes. Not to say it was bad though: it turned out as a great console in the end, it's just that the PS2 was better. 

Well compared to the amazingness of the PS2, yes. Not to say it was bad though: it turned out as a great console in the end, it's just that the PS2 was better.

Ehhhhh debatable.

Lol? The abundance of HD collections cements the PS3 as my favorite go-to console, but the PS2 was a fucking beast of a product. Some of the best exclusives of the time, and literally everyone else was tripping over themselves to develop for it. The PS3's a great console, but the PS2 was a juggernaut.

I just hope the PS4 lives up to that.

• Thumbs Up 2

The only thing that sucked about the PS2 era was that most of the big name series' of the PS1 era that made the leap ended up either having a mediocre or terrible start on the system (i.e Spyro Enter the Dragonfly & Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness).