Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

Great now we're going to lose our twitch streaming on ps4, the same way we lost swap note on 3ds. sad.png

This is why we can't have nice things.

Great now we're going to lose our twitch streaming on ps4, the same way we lost swap note on 3ds. :(

B-But, Twitch and Sony did the right thing by banning the people abusing the system, instead of punishing everyone by shutting it down.

• Thumbs Up 2

Even though I don't have a PS4, im very angry that we can't have nice things like this because people like this like to do things that completely mess everything up.

Remember when AssCreed 4 had to be patched to get the PS4 version to 1080p? Well I'm glad they did because the difference is pretty drastic. Check these GIFs out. I'm sure you can figure out which one is 900p and which one is 1080p.

Spoilered for weak PCs.

ida3SiBBNX23X.gif

ibmkI64oTG1Xbt.gif

iTgfydPMk0xvA.gif

ibtoNgg6IyAzsn.gif

Remember when AssCreed 4 had to be patched to get the PS4 version to 1080p? Well I'm glad they did because the difference is pretty drastic. Check these GIFs out. I'm sure you can figure out which one is 900p and which one is 1080p.

Spoilered for weak PCs.

ida3SiBBNX23X.gif

ibmkI64oTG1Xbt.gif

iTgfydPMk0xvA.gif

ibtoNgg6IyAzsn.gif

Well the back of the box did SAY that the game was running at 1080p, so Ubisoft had to patch that in...just like how they have to patch Vita Rayman Legend's Invasion stages (which are coming later this month). Back on topic though, I have to agree; that difference between resolutions (and added AA) really make the game that much clearer, not to mention the fact the game runs great on PS4 from what I've heard :).

Makes me wonder how games like PS4 Battlefield 4 and X1's exclusive Ryse would look if they were 1080p instead of 900p...

Oh my gawd! I didn't play the first one because I didn't have a PS3 but I'm definitely not missing it this time...if it's real that is. I haven't finished watching the playthrough of the game so I don't know whether its ending warrants a sequel or not.

So heres a bit of a developing story....

The German Playstation forums held a contest to win a trip to the PS4 launch party in Berlin... heres what you had to do.

Create/upload a photo/picture of yourself demonstrating you are a playstation fan. Be creative, it's not just the largest selection of games that makes us fans.

Here is the third place winner.

ydTXPqY.jpg

Fucking awesome!

Here is the second place winner.

wufKEYA.jpg

It took me a second but I got it, thought it was really cool.

Would you like to see the first place entry?

Q8nLDhe.jpg

A greyscale playstation logo with a girl looking slightly annoyed at 2 PS3 controllers... .. ... ok.

Anyone else want to call bullshit on this one?

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Wettbewerbe-Gewinnspiele/Gewinnspiel-Erlebt-den-PS4-Launch-in-Berlin/m-p/20185099/highlight/true#M42965

• Thumbs Up 3

So heres a bit of a developing story....

The German Playstation forums held a contest to win a trip to the PS4 launch party in Berlin... heres what you had to do.

Here is the third place winner.

ydTXPqY.jpg

Fucking awesome!

Here is the second place winner.

wufKEYA.jpg

It took me a second but I got it, thought it was really cool.

Would you like to see the first place entry?

Q8nLDhe.jpg

A greyscale playstation logo with a girl looking slightly annoyed at 2 PS3 controllers... .. ... ok.

Anyone else called want to call bullshit on this one?

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Wettbewerbe-Gewinnspiele/Gewinnspiel-Erlebt-den-PS4-Launch-in-Berlin/m-p/20185099/highlight/true#M42965

How the heck did she become 1st place over the other two?

How the heck did she become 1st place over the other two?

My theory.

Girl.

No really. Lately theres been such a huge thing about representation of girls/women in videogames, it wouldn't suprise me if that was the main deciding factor.

Here is another one it beat.

Pd9HwI2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

My theory.

Girl.

No really. Lately theres been such a huge thing about representation of girls/women in videogames, it wouldn't suprise me if that was the main deciding factor.

Here is another one it beat.

Pd9HwI2.jpg

jackie-chan-meme.jpg

...What? This picture is amazing! There is no way her one is better than this. LOL! What a bunch of bollocks.

• Thumbs Up 3

What the fuck, here we have work that has honest to god effort. And then we have... a 1 minute Photoshop job... what the fuck?

That's some serious bullshit right there. Those other people who entered must be seriously ticked off. 

Wow thats kind of saddening, I personally think any of the other 3 pictures shown here should've been picked over that one.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think the last page gave me an aneurysm, and not because of the contest results.

So how's the controller on this thing? That's my main concern.

I've heard the DualShock 4 in terms of form/functions is a lot better than the DualShock 3, but it has a step-down in battery life.

At least that's what I recall in IGN's review for the console.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've heard the DualShock 4 in terms of form/functions is a lot better than the DualShock 3, but it has a step-down in battery life.

At least that's what I recall in IGN's review for the console.

No big deal for me, my controllers are always plugged in when I play games. 

I can vouch for the form/function thing: I played the PS4 at EB Games (basically Canadian Gamestop) and the DS4 was the thing that I most enjoyed (probably because the game they had playable was Knack..............), it was awesome. It's really comfy and everything works well. 

The DualShock 4 is pretty much perfection. The grips on the bottom feel better, the analog sticks are tighter, the directional buttons are better and the triggers are wonderful.

• Thumbs Up 2

The material on the analog sticks is the same as the DualShock 3 from what I can tell, but the the concave portion of it directly in the middle makes it easier for people who used to complain about their thumbs slipping off. As I said before, the analog sticks are tighter too and feel less loose which adds to this.

Honestly, even if you don't own a PS4 I'd recommend just buying a DualShock 4 to use on your PS3 or PC before grabbing the console simply because it's so nice and it works.