Awoo.

Pokemon Black & White 2 [DS]

PSI Wind

I dunno, finally making a Mongoose Pokemon to give the new Snake Pokemon a Proper Foil?

kinda like.....a Real Snake and Mongoose....

quite Honestly, I admit Gen 3 is my Least liked Gen too, but I still enjoyed it alot and I literally don't see the Problem with Zangoose here, since to me it was one of the better looking Pokes of that Gen. Especially when compared to the rather Forgettable Nosepass/Glalie/Huntail or completeley uninspired stuff like Luvdisc/Huntail.

if your post was supposed to be sarcasm, disregard that I suck cocks

I wasn't, I just really dislike the design of this thing. It seems like a completely different style from the one set in Gen's I and II, and honestly looks more like a Digimon than anything else, to me. Whenever I see it, I can practically hear a voice shouting into my head "HEY KIDS, DOESN'T ZANGOOSE LOOK COOL!? LOOK AT THOSE AWESOME, RAZOR SHARP CLAWS! THOSE BADASS RED STRIPES! THE INTIMIDATING, SCARY RED EYES! IT'S EVERY TWELVE YEAR OLD'S DREAM POKEMON!"

I guess I like my Pokemon cute, rather than OMFGTHAT'SSOBADASS. Call me weird.

• Thumbs Up 4

Some people say that after II gen they started abusing on the little details of some Pokémon.

This pic explains it better:

f24Gp.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Some people say that after II gen they started abusing on the little details of some Pokémon.

f24Gp.png

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1

f24Gp.png

Yeah, I can agree with that; though I think Gen. III did a far worse job at keeping the designs aesthetically pleasing for the most part. It seemed everything was either overly complicated (Zangoose) or far too simple (Luvdisc) with R/S/E, and it's one of the reasons I'm not too hyped for a R/S/E remake; assuming it's going to be for the 3DS, they'll basically be using pretty graphics to render ugly things. It just feels paradoxical to me, and I thought that Generation as a whole just felt too eager to separate itself from its predecessors.

"I like/dislike Gen #, but I dislike/like Gen #." That's basically what this thread became and what it's gonna amount to for a while.

It's either that or the thread dies because we have nothing else to talk about. All we've got to go on here are game titles and pictures of Reshiram and Zekrom doing cosplay.

If that would happen, which I doubt, I'd most likely stop playing Pokemon.

Meanwhile, I'd be clamoring for a chance to try it out for myself despite not buying a single main series game since Gold. I don't think I'm alone either.

You may be entirely satisfied with the same old thing, but I'm not. Time for a change of pace!

Edited by Chooch

Meanwhile, I'd be clamoring for a chance to try it out for myself despite not buying a single main series game since Gold. I don't think I'm alone either.

You may be entirely satisfied with the same old thing, but I'm not. Time for a change of pace!

I'm fine with changes, but not completely changing the way the games play. B&W brought some new things and I enjoyed them.

• Thumbs Up 2

So now we're torn between change, and unchange...hey its just like the Sonic Fanbase. I wouldn't mind a change to the battle system, because as much as I love Pokemon, we have been playing virtually the same game for years now, just with a fresh new coat of paint; not that there's anything wrong with that as I've loved every game regardless and shows that staying the same doesn't instantly mean laziness, but for people that are tired of the same thing and actually want to do something different I can see where that's coming from.

I think the problem is that you can only change Pokemon so much before it isn't Pokemon anymore, I mean real time battle system sounds like a good idea but they'd require programming movement and animations for all 649 Pokemon, and then some.

As for the games? Eh, I don't mind, I fully expected them to be on the DS anyway and I don't know why people thought otherwise.

As for the games? Eh, I don't mind, I fully expected them to be on the DS anyway and I don't know why people thought otherwise.

Because it's 2012 and the 3DS has been out almost a year now? Pokémon Crystal Version was a Game Boy Color only game, even though Gold and Silver were GB and GBC games, so why can't they do that now?

• Thumbs Up 2

It seems like a completely different style from the one set in Gen's I and II, and honestly looks more like a Digimon than anything else, to me. Whenever I see it, I can practically hear a voice shouting into my head "HEY KIDS, DOESN'T ZANGOOSE LOOK COOL!? LOOK AT THOSE AWESOME, RAZOR SHARP CLAWS! THOSE BADASS RED STRIPES! THE INTIMIDATING, SCARY RED EYES! IT'S EVERY TWELVE YEAR OLD'S DREAM POKEMON!"

I guess I like my Pokemon cute, rather than OMFGTHAT'SSOBADASS. Call me weird.

First of all I don't see whats so different about Zangoose, and second, I could list a dozen Pokemon that try to look more badass than Zangoose.

In fact I will

Charizard

Blastoise

Nidoking

Arcanine

Machamp

Gyarados

Kabutops

Mewtwo

Feraligater

Steelix

Scizor

Sneasel

Ursaring

Skarmory

Houndoom

Tyrannitar

All 3 Legendary Beasts/Birds

• Thumbs Up 4

First of all I don't see whats so different about Zangoose, and second, I could list a dozen Pokemon that try to look more badass than Zangoose.

In fact I will

Charizard

Blastoise

Nidoking

Arcanine

Machamp

Gyarados

Kabutops

Mewtwo

Feraligater

Steelix

Scizor

Sneasel

Ursaring

Skarmory

Houndoom

Tyrannitar

All 3 Legendary Beasts/Birds

Is it bad that I read all of those in the style of the "Pokemon Rap?"

• Thumbs Up 8

Did the creators of Yugioh give Gamefreak a fusion card, or something. I mean Deoxys, Giratina and Shaymin's forms are interesting (Giratina's being my favorite), but this is rather interesting and weird at the same time with Kyurem. For some odd reason Black and White didn't really appeal to me this time around, I watch the show sometimes but the games are not connecting with me like they use to. Black and white 2 has to do something BIG for me to pay more attention.Super Mario 3DLand, Mario Kart 7, Sonic Generations 3ds, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario, Mario Tennis Open, and Animal Crossing, and Super Mario Bros 2d(new game), have my attention at the moments, so like I said B/W 2 has to be BIG

No. Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram were once one dragon. They split apart though, so Kyurem can combine with the two easily.

Also. here's a little something:

welp.png

Edited by PSI Freeze
  • Thumbs Up 2

Something as big as a fully 3D Pokémon game requiring a new bespoke engine to be made from scratch, even adapting existing pre-completed test elements, will on its own take about two years, and they've probably quietly started on experimental testing already. Then they have to actually build useable content to run in that engine, which will take another one to two years to do properly.

The kind of game you guys are asking for cannot be done with a hardware platform still in development, so this would have only been started properly once the 3DS was released. Oh, and this assumes that the system would sell in the first place which was never a guarantee and I doubt Game Freak began work on a 3DS Pokémon as soon as the hardware was announced even with their privileged access to Nintendo's development tools - especially in the light of this game being announced, so that adds another nine months of waiting to make sure the project was worth starting to begin with.

Keep an eye out around 2015/6. It's going to take about that long to get this done. 3D games are always exponentially more time-consuming and more expensive to produce than 2D, and on top of that Game Freak have to work out something useful to do with the 3D screen. There is no way in hell they'll make a main series Pokémon title without the full roster of existing Pokémon - Japan would crucify them - so they've somehow got to get through 650+ full battle animations for the Pokémon yet. And there's not even any guarantee the battle system will stay the same either!

• Thumbs Up 2

There is no way in hell they'll make a main series Pokémon title without the full roster of existing Pokémon - Japan would crucify them

No. Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram were once one dragon. They split apart though, so Kyurem can combine with the two easily.

Also. here's a little something:

welp.png

Because it's 2012 and the 3DS has been out almost a year now? Pokémon Crystal Version was a Game Boy Color only game, even though Gold and Silver were GB and GBC games, so why can't they do that now?

It looks to me as though the actual true form of the original dragon legendary is Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom fully merged together. The Kyu/Resh and Kyu/Zek crosses still look like they have spaces to fit in aspects from the missing dragon to restore the original form.

So Shadzter, according to Bulbapedia Gold and Silver were in fact on the gameboy color, but they were playable on the gameboy but with disabled features

And seeing as that would be pretty much impossible between the DS and 3DS your argument doesn't hold up too well

Also Im betting on the next game focusing on the original dragon (unless it appears in this one)

Edited by Cerp
  • Thumbs Up 2

Resume of the official story of the Tao Trio in-game:

"The mythologies of the trio are implied to be connected, despite having no true relation. The origins of Zekrom and Reshiram are told in legends, as they were once a single powerful Dragon Pokémon used by twin heroes in order to create the Unova region. But the brothers each sought something different in life—truth for the older brother and ideals for the younger—and they began to argue, then fight, over who's side was right. The single dragon, in response, split into two Pokémon: Reshiram, who sided with the older twin, and Zekrom, who sided with the younger twin.

The two dragons were equally matched as they battled and neither conquered the other. As a result, the brothers set aside their differences, and equally declared there was no right side, either. But the sons of the heroes resumed the fight, and Reshiram and Zekrom destroyed the region with their fire and lightning powers. They subsequently disappeared afterward.

At the beginning of Black and White, one of them resides in the Dragonspiral Tower, who is called upon by N to create his ideal world. The player is tasked with finding the other dragon in its corresponding stone (Light Stone in Black and Dark Stone in White) and revive it to resolve the history the twins began in the past.

Kyurem's origins are much different than those of the other two. The third dragon came down to Earth from an icy meteor and crashed into a place called Giant Chasm. An old legend in Lacunosa Town describing Kyurem claims that it would take people and Pokémon away from the town and eat them; this is why the town is now surrounded by a giant wall."

It looks to me as though the actual true form of the original dragon legendary is Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom fully merged together. The Kyu/Resh and Kyu/Zek crosses still look like they have spaces to fit in aspects from the missing dragon to restore the original form.

I stopped caring about pokemon designs when I realized that, in the end, I will always have only 6 pokemon in my party.

Then again, I want Gen 3 remakes for just one reason.

HER.

0aDPT.png

She's so cute!

well...I like hoenn too..

With that being said...I really like the new form of Zekrom. He looks strong and very-beast like. And wang-free Reshiram is a plus.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kinda glad they're possibly expanding on the whole Kyurem thing, at least. It was definitely interesting that Reshiram and Zekrom were once one Pokemon, but...Black/White did nothing with that fact. It was kind of a "Oh hey look another legendary here" sort of deal.