Awoo.

Pokemon Black & White 2 [DS]

PSI Wind

Waaa--? Black and White 2? I never thought about that. Might turn out nicely, and I really hope they add better end-game stuff like Platinum and Heartgold/Soulsilver. The Battle Subway is nice and all, but imo it's not even a match for the Battle Frontier.

I really wanted the next Pokémon game for the 3DS. This is a good time to release stuff for the current handheld. Why the DS? Now I have to dig out my original DS system since I feel the 3DS scales DS games' screens up awkwardly. x3

I still think its pretty silly, why NOT put in on 3DS? Why not take the perfect chance to show how the 3DS can make a Pokemon game pop with it's 3D abilities, seriously, battles would look SO awesome if they were to do that.

I'm guessing they're waiting for a completely new Gen.

And after all, it IS a sequel, a sequel is meant to improve what the original laid down, not just retread old ground. It just seems like a wasted opportunity.

.... We've seen nothing but two artworks and the logos. How can you say they aren't improving anything?

Well, the early June 2012 release date makes much more sense now. If they push these out, maybe we'll have the Hoenn remakes on 3DS.

Still crossing fingers for Ruby and Sapphire DS, complimented by Emerald 3DS.

But still...

WHY DS

Guys, if it WAS on the 3DS, it'd take atleast 2 or 3 years tops because they'd have to make an entirely new engine AND make the Pokemon with 3D Models so people won't complain.

Pokedex 3D and Battle Revolution would like to have a word with you.

Edited by Cola
  • Thumbs Up 1

Meh. Nintendo is really lazy with their 3D models, though. I mean, they still recycle the ugly Pokémon Stadium models and just apply mesh smoothers.

.... We've seen nothing but two artworks and the logos. How can you say they aren't improving anything?

Fair enough, though I meant in the presentation sense, since im kinda expecting the game too generally look the same as the original.

Exactly, instead of yet again producing another new Pokemon Generation, just release a remake and wait it out. Given the popularity of Pokemon they'd be able to get away with it financially.

It might be a financially sound way of operating, but think of all the creative talent going to waste... Why don't they pop out a couple of 'traditional' generations, then turn both into one big 3D adventure, add some DLC in, have a new traditional game on the back burner, then when the DLC runs dry ramp up the development of the new traditional title?

At least there you've got a bit more variety in the development stuff, and you get to wow audiences with epic grafix every so often too, and adaptations to 3D could also spur new innovations in the old world. :)

Guys. Maybe a Grey WILL come out. But merging the stories from both B&Ws into one (assuming BW2 has a different story) :T

Meh. Nintendo is really lazy with their 3D models, though. I mean, they still recycle the ugly Pokémon Stadium models and just apply mesh smoothers.

While I'd prefer sprites myself, the models in Pokedex 3D looked really nice.

You know it would be pretty cool if Kyurem could combine with other pokemon beyond the other two, I mean imagine Pikarem, or Wobburem, or even Mewrem

Also did anyone else notice how the mascots were swapped for the equation, with Zekrem in Black 2 and Reshirem in White 2

Edited by Cerp

The Pokédex 3D models do look nice. The problem is, when it comes to the older 'mons, they haven't... made new models in years. Over a decade, for the Gen 1 and 2 monsters.

The Pokédex 3D models do look nice. The problem is, when it comes to the older 'mons, they haven't... made new models in years. Over a decade, for the Gen 1 and 2 monsters.

Battle Revolution.

Guys. Maybe a Grey WILL come out. But merging the stories from both B&Ws into one (assuming BW2 has a different story) :T

Black/White didn't have different stories.

f it is a sequel how will it work? You know, by Pokémon standarts

The same way all sequels work; same game new story.

It's like Gray 2.0. Instead of one updated re-release with just new features, its now a new story and potentially a new/expanded region.

Edited by Black Spy

I'm pretty sure those are just the stadium models with mesh smoothers. My friend's got it for her wii, and the models looked... pretty much the same. :|a

bw2_maindetail.jpg

Pokémon fans, get excited for two incredible new adventures! Announcing Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, coming soon for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems. The games can also be played in 2D on the Nintendo 3DS™ system.

Keep checking Pokemon.com for details, including news, images, and videos, which will be revealed throughout the year.

http://www.pokemon.c...hite-version-2/\

...........That was awfully fast.

Edited by PSI Freeze

If it is a sequel how will it work? You know, by Pokémon standarts.

Gold and Silver were sequels to Red and Blue, so going by that, the story will heavily rely on Black and White and maybe we will be able to go back into Unova (although it will be unlikely that we will)

So is there a trailer or something? i've been out all day so i missed out.

B&W2? what a strange idea for a main entry. Why not just Gray?...

EDIT: Oh great i just realized the anime adaption is going to be even LONGER. wonderful...

Edited by goku262002

Gold and Silver were sequels to Red and Blue, so going by that, the story will heavily rely on Black and White and maybe we will be able to go back into Unova (although it will be unlikely that we will)

But I guess the game will still be in Unova.

lolwat. Well, that's a shock. Sequels instead of a "Gray version"? I wonder how this is actually going to work.

Probably a few new Pokemon, new main characters, probably a new champion, possibly a slightly expanded region, possibly some new gym leaders, possibly a battle with the B/W protags.