Awoo.

Pokemon Black & White 2 [DS]

PSI Wind

That picture only further proves the point the designs got more complicated come Gen III, and that the inspirations got more outlandish.

I will forever consider the designs of Magmar, Jynx, Kabutops, Gyarados, Nidoking, and Nidoqueen to be of more complicated design to the likes of Kecleon, Drifloon, Buneary, Sawsbuck, Seismitoad, Castform, and a whole mess of other Gen III/IV/V Pokemon.

• Thumbs Up 3

The only thing I truly resent about Gen 3 onwards is the absolute abundance of angry, world destroying legendary Pokemon.

Not counting Mewtwo all the legendary Pokemon up to Gen 3 were more beautiful looking legendarys than powerful looking legendarys; take Lugia for example, it may be a gigantic dragon but it hardly looks threatening (which is probably why they gave it a shadow form in Pokemon XD). Walking around with a team of overpowered ultimate super 'Mon possessing the abilities to bring civilizations to their knees just feels a bit jarring compared to having a team of 'normies'. Bringing in Arceus, the god of Pokemon, was just totally unnecessary in my opinion...

I dunno, it just seems that come Gen 3 they've been trying to make more Pokemon look overly cool and threatening, like I can't really picture Sceptile, Haxorus or Eelektross in Gen 1 or 2.

• Thumbs Up 5

I hardly call Pokemon like Silcoon, complicated.

Edited by HYDROCITEE

The only thing I truly resent about Gen 3 onwards is the absolute abundance of angry, world destroying legendary Pokemon.

Not counting Mewtwo all the legendary Pokemon up to Gen 3 were more beautiful looking legendarys than powerful looking legendarys; take Lugia for example, it may be a gigantic dragon but it hardly looks threatening (which is probably why they gave it a shadow form in Pokemon XD). Walking around with a team of overpowered ultimate super 'Mon possessing the abilities to bring civilizations to their knees just feels a bit jarring compared to having a team of 'normies'. Bringing in Arceus, the god of Pokemon, was just totally unnecessary in my opinion...

• Thumbs Up 6

Please don't tell me we're going into a Gen elitist bullshittery again, D;. The "THIS GEN IS BETTER", "NUH UH THEY ALL ARE NEAT" thing is the most annoying, loop of nothingness, argument that once again doesn't do anything for anything. Even if I lean toward one side (I love Gen 1 as much as the next guy, but they all have their faults), can't a Pokemon topic get to any point at some point OTHER than this? If not, can we at least continue this rambling in the regular Pokemon thread? Thanks

• Thumbs Up 4

So is this the current standings of Generations then?

Gen 1 > Gen 2 > Gen 4 > Gen 5 > Gen 3

Debating whether to go for Reshiram this time, considering I absolutely adore Zekrom.

Still it's hard trying to think up another six Pokemon team from Gen 5 that actually interests me.

Edited by The Kid

Me and my brother each get both versions at once, and we make it a point to make sure I get the first of the collective name (Red, Gold, Ruby, Firered, Heartgold, Black) while he gets the second. Only time this was the exception was with DP, where I had an anti-Pokemon moment and he just got both. I did get Platinum though.

So following tradition, I'm probably getting Black 2. Which is fine with me, since now I get a chance to grab Zekrom or its lookalike here in this case. I just hope Game Freak doesn't gip Black users out again by excluding a forest full of can't-get-anywhere-else Pokemon in the game while White got it.

I dunno, it just seems that come Gen 3 they've been trying to make more Pokemon look overly cool and threatening, like I can't really picture Sceptile, Haxorus or Eelektross in Gen 1 or 2.

I'm undecided on which version of the game to get, as I have both a Reshiram and a Zekrom, so i'll probably wait until we get more info on the game to decide what I want.

I agree, it's hard to make a judgement call as to which version to get right now. Although we can make some reasonable deductions regarding which Pokemon will be dished out in which game - it's looking like Black 2 will get Black Kyurem and White 2 will get White Kyurem, so I imagine you'd get the legendary that wasn't available in your original game, and I can see why they would design it like that - then there may be many more differences between versions which could swing the balance for us. I got Black and Reshiram first time around; assuming I'm right, and that you'll get given Black Kyurem in Black 2, I'll probably get that.

Also, I have to agree that the legendary Pokemon have gotten more epic because they're actually involved in the plot now. Even those which aren't have a sort of subplot hidden around them - they aren't like the legendary birds which were basically just sitting around in a random high-level dungeon. Ironically, the switch to a greater use of wireless giveaways mean that the hidden legendaries now effectively have less plot, though, because you just get them out of thin air rather than them having a rational place to be caught in the games. I must admit, it's not a change I like. I don't know why GameFreak gave up on events unlocking in-game areas and instead started giving all their secret legendaries directly to the players.

I'll probably just continue with White, since it's the version I have. Unless they pull some really confusing shit where you need to get the sequel to the opposite color, like a pair or something XD.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ironically, the switch to a greater use of wireless giveaways mean that the hidden legendaries now effectively have less plot, though, because you just get them out of thin air rather than them having a rational place to be caught in the games. I must admit, it's not a change I like. I don't know why GameFreak gave up on events unlocking in-game areas and instead started giving all their secret legendaries directly to the players.

Hear, hear. Especially when they don't ever give you events that are already IN the game coding. We did get a Shaymin event, but all the (legal) Arceuses (Arcei?) are direct givaways; the Azure flute and secret area lie untouched in the game chips.

Haven't decided which game I'll get; I got both the first time because I don't know anyone who plays Pokemon, so I have to trade between my own games. I was waiting until Grey came out to see which of the first pair I'd keep, based on what was available in Grey. If, say, the Forest/City were randomly determined by trainer number, I'd keep whichever wasn't in Grey. I'll probably only get one of this second pair, but it'll depend on what else is in it besides Kyurem and the (apparent) other legendary.

I rather suspect that the 3DS will get Grey, combining 1&2 in the same chip; and this is partly to give the DS-only group a way to finish the story, and partly a way to fill in while they switch over. Black and White had a lot of animations and scenery that seemed designed for a 3D screen anyway. I do not expect Grey to be full 3D and spriteless, though.

It depends, which version has the Reshiram Kyurem? I'll probably get that version, since I got White originally, so I've already experienced Zekrom.

White Version 2 will have White Kyurem. Black Version 2 will have Black Kyurem. More Yin-Yang stuff :V

I'm definitely getting black 2. But I'm a bit puzzled on how the story will play out if this is supposed to be a sequel.

I'm going to get both. No reason, expect when it comes to Pokémon I find I pretty much have to :P Heck, I bought a Black-themed DSi despite the fact I already had a regular white one and was getting a 3DS the same month. Ah Pokémon... gotta buy 'em all.

I'll probably pick it up based on the version exclusives you can get rather than what legendary I want off the front.

While I am insanely excited for this (I love Gen 5!!) there are a couple things I really hope they do with this, which the first would be to treat it like a proper sequel rather than two different 'Pokemon Grey' versions. If the story and everything continues off of the first one and there are a lot of new areas to explore, or even being able to revisit old regions, then I'll be super satisfied. I'll probably still get it either way since chances are this will be the definitive Gen5 game anyway. I also hope that if they do redesign the trainers they don't alter the designs TOO much because I really dig both trainer designs quite a bit.

So yeah. Pretty excited for this. Been taking my time with Heartgold recently, so I'm on a Pokemon kick again.

Edited by DesertPunk
  • Thumbs Up 2

I might get both, one for me and my brother, that way we can relive our childhood and beat the shit out of each other for virtually no reason.

• Thumbs Up 6

Maybe, just maybe the game will focus more on Eastern Unova were Kyurem is suppose to be

Maybe, just maybe the game will focus more on Eastern Unova were Kyurem is suppose to be

I need Florida to be a new region, stat. Like the Sevii Islands, but with more Keys~! *brick'd*

• Thumbs Up 2

Unova is New York or something, right? I'm hoping they'll branch out into fictionalised versions of other notable international locations in future generations. Kinda like they've been doing in the movies for a while now, I understand.

The only way I can see myself being interested in this game is that since it has a 2 in it, the game builds on the last game. for example Ghetsis (spelling?) escaped in B/W. The only way I'll consider this game interesting is that B/W 2 revolves around a new protagonist and finding Ghetsis.

And here's a funny!

pokmon-you-got-your-reshiram-in-my-kyurem.jpg

EDIT: Okay, two funnies.

pokmon-fuuuuuuuuusion.jpg

Edited by VizardJeffhog
  • Thumbs Up 8

I'd get the one with black Kyurem

uh...maybe they said it but...Being Black/White 2. Are they stand-alone games or will you need your Black/White save/game?