Awoo.

Pokemon Black & White 2 [DS]

PSI Wind

uh...maybe they said it but...Being Black/White 2. Are they stand-alone games or will you need your Black/White save/game?

Given that nobody knows if it's a sequel or not, I'd say definitely nobody knows if you'll need your BW savegame. I highly doubt it, though (but then again I highly doubt it's a sequel).

Uh...maybe they said it but...Being Black/White 2. Are they stand-alone games or will you need your Black/White save/game?

uh...maybe they said it but...Being Black/White 2. Are they stand-alone games or will you need your Black/White save/game?

Story-wise it could make sense to me if it is supposed to be continuing where you left off and using the same characters and everything. Then again, I highly doubt they would do something like that, as I do not think they would want to require new players to first play the first Black and White (although they would probably like them to XD). My guess is that either the original trainers lose their pokemon somehow (which sounds quite depressing), forcing you to start fresh, or you play as different characters. I do wonder what they have done with this new game, and I cannot wait to find out more. :3

I will likely go for White Version again. Up to this point, I just went for the version colour/name rather than for what each version contained. Something I found sucking in the current B&W is how Black has both triple and rotation battles, yet I have not found a single trailer in all of Unova who wants to have a rotation battle with me, so I never had the chance to test it out. I even tried guides online telling me where to find one in White, but nu-uh!

I also have mentioned this countless of times before, but I really hope they make the game a little more like Platinum/Heartgold/Soulsilver. Black and White introduced some pretty neat things, but in some aspects, it felt like the game took a step backward. For instance, in the three pre-B&W games mentioned, you had several end-game battle types to play for variety. I was especially fond of the game types where you had to rent pokemon and switch out after each battle and the one where you had a roulette which could work for or against your benefit. In B&W, I can only find single battles and multi battles. Also, Heartgold and Soulsilver really used the touchscreen for what it was worth. You could tap-toggle between running and walking, and you could use the touchscreen for nearly every action and function in the game, which includes starting up the game and tapping into menues and through dialogues. Please re-introduce the same degree of touchscreen usage in B&W 2 - The touchscreen is there for a(n optional) reason!

Something I found sucking in the current B&W is how Black has both triple and rotation battles, yet I have not found a single trailer in all of Unova who wants to have a rotation battle with me, so I never had the chance to test it out. I even tried guides online telling me where to find one in White, but nu-uh!

How I understand that that works is that there's multiple rotation battles and only one triple battle in Black, and multiple triple battles and only one rotation in White. Just another small difference between versions.

For instance, in the three pre-B&W games mentioned, you had several end-game battle types to play for variety. I was especially fond of the game types where you had to rent pokemon and switch out after each battle and the one where you had a roulette which could work for or against your benefit. In B&W, I can only find single battles and multi battles.

Ah, the Battle Frontier, basically? I think that's generally had to wait until the third versions to get into most of the recent games, so I'm sure BW2 will have one where BW didn't - along with other missing features like gym leader rebattles. I don't know if they genuinely don't have time to program some of these bonuses, or if they're actually leaving them out so they can add them into the third version to give people more of an incentive to buy. Probably a bit of both, really. Wouldn't be surprised if following Pokemon from HGSS made it into BW2 either.

OH boy, this is looking good!

and then i saw the video aaaaaaa

Edited by Professor Cola PhD

That just looks like a fan slapped the Japanese logos and the legendaries together with some music...

How disappointing. :I

• Thumbs Up 1

I expected a lot more, especially since the Japanese release is 3 months away... ^^;

I think they plan to taunt us and then blow us away.

I think they plan to taunt us and then blow us away.

True, Nintendo advertising tends to do that.

To be honest, the big thing I'm excited for for these games is the music score.

At the risk of sounding like a nostalgia-holic, I think the peak of pokemon music was hit in GSC. Harldly any song in RSE and DPPt can compare to the Kanto gym leader themes from both Gens 1 and 2, Route 38, Cerulean City, and others (HGSS demonstrated that the remixes of these songs could split the schism in quality even further), but BW brought that sense of attitude the older games reflected instead of the heroic-style Gens 3 and 4 imitated. BW Pokemon battle theme, Team Plasma battle theme, and the rival theme brought back the attitude, and Celestial Tower and Unwavering Emotion showed that ambience could mesh well with the style and not be disregarded. I was very pleased with the soundtrack.

I hope BW2 continues that trend, whether by remix or by original tunes. I would gladly welcome another rendition of the Pokemon Main Theme, and another crack at Ghetsis's theme and Unwavering Emotion.

• Thumbs Up 2

Does anyone else get the feeling that they may still end up making and Pokemon Gray which combines all four Unova games before it, plus introduce the complete combination of all 3 legends? (and possibly even end up on the 3DS)

Does anyone else get the feeling that they may still end up making and Pokemon Gray which combines all four Unova games before it, plus introduce the complete combination of all 3 legends? (and possibly even end up on the 3DS)

I really doubt that will ever happen.

I guess they will possibly move on to the Ruby/Sapphire remakes since they do 10 years in 2013.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I'm quite ecstatic for this game, Black and White truly innovated the series, if the series were to continue to introduce majority of the same mechanics and story elements with very nebulous changes it would have deteriorated after a few installments. If Black and White 2 is just as innovative and consistently amusing with both writing and gameplay mechanics(sans the post game, which I would advocate was a tad weak.), then I'd argue that it will be the Super Mario Galaxy 2 or the Majora's Mask(In terms of aggregated reception) of the series. However, this is truly all just a hypothesis based off very little intuition of Black and White 2, so I'll take my expectations with a grain of salt.

Edited by Protagoras
  • Thumbs Up 1

Meanwhile, here's another funny while Serebii tries to get their hands on the newest CoroCoro magazine.

pokmon-venustoise-got-there-first.png

• Thumbs Up 8

I think that Black 2 and White 2 will effectively be Grey, regardless of whether or not they're sequels or remakes; they'll do everything that a hypothetical Grey would do, but in two separate games. I really think that GameFreak would know they'd be pushing it to make five versions of the same game instead of three, and get them to buy the same game three times instead of two. I'm not sure what they could convincingly remake after having already remade it once. And for that matter, we don't know that there won't be a tripartite Ram-Rom-Rem in BW2 anyway, although if there is it'd probably be a post-game bonus.

Meanwhile, here's another funny while Serebii tries to get their hands on the newest CoroCoro magazine.

pokmon-venustoise-got-there-first.png

Woah, woah, woah, who said that back then? I tried to catch that bitch. And get the skateboard. And Mew from behind the truck. And Charcoal.

Edited by Marcellove
  • Thumbs Up 5

A bona fide sequel!? I haven't seen one since the Gamecube games! Hot damn!

And holy hell, those box arts are downright fucking sexy.

Glad to see Keldeo finally becoming available (Lv.15? Not bad), and according to Serebii, he unlocks something in BW2.

I figured it would be an actual sequel. What would the "2" be there for then? Anyway the box arts are pretty cool looking. Can't wait to see them in non scanner quality.

First CoroCoro image

1331548867526.jpg

So we have the box arts and confirmation that this isn't Gray but sequels with a new story and new features.