Awoo.

Pokemon Black & White 2 [DS]

PSI Wind

I think the box arts are pretty hideous on account of having those hideous Kyurem cosplays all over them.

Subjectivity non-withstanding, White Kyurem and Black Kyurem being "ugly" is kinda justified considering the Pokemon that is basically the representation of the absence of yin and yang is manifesting the power of one of the Pokemon that represents that respective side of balance, essentially "corrupting" it.

• Thumbs Up 1

If this is a true sequal then i'd better be the same trainer with my same level 90+ pokemon and all 8 badges. but watch them pull something like "New kid in the same region teams up with the kid from the previous game" thing so i'm forced to drudge through the gym battles again then it feel like "It's basically Gray Version".

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

Having level 90+ versions of the Pokemon you had in BW would not only completely obliterate the difficulty curve, but would be utterly illogical, since there's no way to translate the Pokemon between games without ostracizing those who don't have BW, and there will be people who don't own BW that would get BW2.

Look how XD handled the sequel: new character, new starter Pokemon, variation of the Shadow Pokemon plot that honored the events of the first game. Same could happen here.

• Thumbs Up 4

Having level 90+ versions of the Pokemon you had in BW would not only completely obliterate the difficulty curve, but would be utterly illogical, since there's no way to translate the Pokemon between games without ostracizing those who don't have BW, and there will be people who don't own BW that would get BW2.

Edited by goku262002

Who the hell would get a sequel to a game they didn't get the first time around? I can understand someone getting black and white and their previous game was ruby and sapphire those 2 games are separate adventures but it wouldn't make sense to get B&W2 without playing B&W first.

Does anyone else feel that the level cap should be finally raised to 200 or at least 150? I feel that level 100 doesn't really serve that purpose of being an all powerful super-level anymore thanks to SP training and global battling.

Pokemon Gold and Silver were originally titled Pokemon Red and Blue 2, so I wouldn't be surprised if this took place in a new region. Even if it didn't, it'll probably take place a long while after the first games in order to make things different enough to warrant a full sequel.

• Thumbs Up 2

Who the hell would get a sequel to a game they didn't get the first time around? I can understand someone getting black and white and their previous game was ruby and sapphire those 2 games are separate adventures but it wouldn't make sense to get B&W2 without playing B&W first.

I have Super Mario Galaxy 2 and have never touched Galaxy 1. So really your " you can't get the second game if you never played the first" is not a very good argument.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have Super Mario Galaxy 2 and have never touched Galaxy 1. So really your " you can't get the second game if you never played the first" is not a very good argument.

Lets not cross bases here. I was talking about Pokemon here you can pick up just about any Mario game and be ok with its story. Sure you should play Galaxy 1 but for Galaxy 2 its not needed Mario games have a funny way of containing the story within each game.

But with this it looks like its very heavy on story involvement from the first game. your just going to be very lost on it if you haven't touched the first one.

Edited by goku262002

Lets not cross bases here. I was talking about Pokemon here you can pick up just about any Mario game and be ok with its story. Sure you should play Galaxy 1 but for Galaxy 2 its not needed Mario games have a funny way of containing the story within each game.

But with this it looks like its very heavy on story involvement from the first game. your just going to be very lost on it if you haven't touched the first one.

Alright I give you that but still the Coro Coro magzine is stating that its a completley new story. Even if it wasn't B/W2 is gonna be nothing more than the fabled third version. Same General story but with other things added

Even if someone plays BW2 first, it's not like they're missing out on a lot. Sure, it's more story than mainline Pokemon games generally have, but it could easily be summed up pretty quickly in a preface.

I'm glad to hear that they are approaching this as a sequel, as that was pretty much what I'd hope would happen. I am also hopeful then that this means new areas and possibly a second region to go to as well, just so it doesn't end up becoming the obligatory third version. It'd be sweet if it did work like Gold and Silver where you were in a new region - but you could travel to the region that came before it. So we'd get the black and white equivalent of Johto.

Now I know that that won't happen...buttttttttt...I am holding out hope for it anyway.

Even if someone plays BW2 first, it's not like they're missing out on a lot. Sure, it's more story than mainline Pokemon games generally have, but it could easily be summed up pretty quickly in a preface.

The only things that they really are missing out on are the epicness that goes on in N's Castle (from the united gym leaders, the entrance of the legends, the final battles, and N's goodbye) and the Ferris wheel rape scene

Who the hell would get a sequel to a game they didn't get the first time around?

People who just got into the series, people who are intrigued by the sequel-direction BW2 is going, and a plethora of other reasons. To shut the door on their faces and say "lulz get BW first to start off the right way," as if BW2 was DLC content in cartridge format, would put off those people just as quickly as they just got into it.

Does anyone else feel that the level cap should be finally raised to 200 or at least 150? I feel that level 100 doesn't really serve that purpose of being an all powerful super-level anymore thanks to SP training and global battling.

No.

Especially not in the middle of a generation.

Edited by Cryogonal

In before the elemental monkeys were in fact, developed with Game Freak outrightknowing that there would be a second set of paired verions. Imma say "I KNEEEWW IT!" as soon as we see more screenshots.

In before the elemental monkeys were in fact, developed with Game Freak outrightknowing that there would be a second set of paired verions. Imma say "I KNEEEWW IT!" as soon as we see more screenshots.

But they only have 2 evolutionary stages and the water one sucks hard.

Elemental monkey's as starters? FFFFFFF no thanks. Much as I love Pansear and Simisear, they're com-mons. Pretty cruddy starters.

alsololrightleg

People who just got into the series

Yeah it still doesn't make sense for someone whos just getting into the series to start off with a sequal and go backwards kind of fucks them up in that sense. I would allways suggest somebody to start off with the original game.

No. Especially not in the middle of a generation.

Well i was saying for nextgen but ok...

Yeah it still doesn't make sense for someone whos just getting into the series to start off with a sequal and go backwards kind of fucks them up in that sense. I would allways suggest somebody to start off with the original game.

Well I've done it plenty of times with all kinds of things, hell just look at the professor Layton series where the first game chronologically was the fourth game, not to mention that I saw Eternal Diva before playing any of the games. Plus, let's not forget the fact that characters from the first 3 games make various appearances in the london life game. Not to mention that it happens all the time for me in various other forms of media, from books, movies, and shows. Sure its confusing at first when you lack some of that prior knowledge, but if you enjoy it in the end, then really who gives a shit?

• Thumbs Up 1

>started playing Sonic games since Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

>started playing Mario games since Super Mario Advance/Bros. 2

>started playing Zelda games since Wind Waker

>started playing Pokémon with Sapphire

>knows people who began playing Halo with Halo 2

>little sis began playing Saints Row 2, then 1, then 3

How does it not make sense?

I don't see how it would screw them up in the chronology. Like others said, all the events of BW could be summarized in a small preface or in the manual of the game booklet without removing any of the core details of the first game, allowing BW2 to kick off without padding the beginning with exposition.

Some people are going to have enough money for just one game. Asking them to stay behind the current games by getting the 18 month old prequel when they want BW2 is a disservice to them

Well i was saying for nextgen but ok...

You used "finally" in your advocate for the level increase, which implies you wanted it done immediately, i.e. in BW2. Small misunderstanding.

Well in my sense that unless the story is a chronological whackjob like how MGS3 is the first while MGS1 is the sixth i feel that you should start with the first title then move on with the second. its not like B&W is going to die off the second B&W2 releases hell it will get a major price drop first.

It was just a random thought anyways.