Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Anyone else feel as though the Sky Fortress boss is what happened after they took Metal's hovercraft from ASR and rammed a minature version of one of the frigates from Colors into the back of it and painted over it?

• Thumbs Up 3

Anyone else feel as though the Sky Fortress boss is what happened after they took Metal's hovercraft from ASR and rammed a minature version of one of the frigates from Colors into the back of it and painted over it?

First thing that came to my mind when I saw it... more or less.

Also, I've still got the game running if there's anything folk want to know.

I dunno, I mean it definitely looks fun and probably is fun, but I'm not getting the same "OH SHIT I WANT THIS" I had from previous games.

• Thumbs Up 1

About Super Sonic

using a co-op move cancels your transformation, needless to say you need transform again after co-oping. This including flying and the rolling.

Also he has a nice aura and tiny sparks

Edited by Jetronic

About Super Sonic

using a co-op move cancels your transformation, needless to say you need transform again after co-oping. This including flying and the rolling.

Also forgot to mention how lifeless the end capsule is when you beat a boss. Those animals....my god. They just kind of waltz out like some undead horrors.

Okay, so, if you are below the 50-ring quota when you used the co-op move, you have to bring your ring count back to 50 in order to go Super again?

Okay, I just watched gameplay footage of Sky Fortress Act 1, and I must say, it looks pretty damn cool. The music's rather grating after a while, though.

Sky Fortress act 1 is freakin awesomeohmy.png It's better than the original Sky Chase by far. See,THIS is what the whole game should be: Taking what was good about the classics and EXPANDING upon it. Why can't the whole game be like this?

• Thumbs Up 1

I still CANNOT stand the music in both episodes of Sonic "4"

Really, Why can't it be based andnot taken directly, but making it sound completely different and nice from Sonic generations and Sonic CD instead of sound-fonts that nowadays is not cool any more.

which also makes anyone cringe and back off from buying the game or even the demo (if going to be released)

I still CANNOT stand the music in both episodes of Sonic "4"

Really, Why can't it be based andnot taken directly, but making it sound completely different and nice from Sonic generations and Sonic CD instead of sound-fonts that nowadays is not cool any more.

which also makes anyone cringe and back off from buying the game or even the demo (if going to be released)

Heartbreaking as it is to believe, hardcore fans as we are - the vast majority of the people who enjoy this game in the world are not going to give two shits about the music. Just "wahey look I got Sonic on my iPhone".

• Thumbs Up 8

Hm, Sky Fortress Act 2 looks quite nice as well. So this is the one "throwback zone," huh?

Hm, Sky Fortress Act 2 looks quite nice as well. So this is the one "throwback zone," huh?

Looks like it, but I think Acts 1 and 3 are plenty original in how they go about their business. But I may be being fickle coz Act 3 is OH SO PREDDDY.

Oh by the way, if it's important to anyone, according to Steam it took me 6 hours to 100% the game. Of course this was in a lonely, completely guideless world too, so I was totes on my own.

As a point of skill reference, I have 100%'d Sonic Unleashed, Colours, and Generations, but can't be fucked with that damn E.G.G. Station achievement. Goddamn.

Edited by JezMM

While this may potentially come off as nitpicking,but I find it a bit odd that

The Death Egg Mk II's coloring is more faithful to the original than the original itself in Generations.

And Metal Sonic

When you race him in the Death Egg Mk.2, he dies from a door again, but this one is electrified

Oh and Episode 2 has the best water ripple effect in any Sonic game.

Edited by Jetronic

And Metal Sonic

When you race him in the Death Egg Mk.2, he dies from a door again, but this one is electrified

I think this has great potential as a running gag in the future.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 3

Alright, so you essentially can play as Tails alone in this game, as Blue Blood mentioned earlier. You just have to deal with Sonic as a spinning ball following you.

Just go to local co-op mode, be Tails as player 1, and get out of Sonic's line of sight. Bada bing bada boom.

• Thumbs Up 7

Alright, so you essentially can play as Tails alone in this game, as Blue Blood mentioned earlier. You just have to deal with Sonic as a spinning ball following you.

Just go to local co-op mode, be Tails as player 1, and get out of Sonic's line of sight. Bada bing bada boom.

I stopped playing after SCZ. But for all those 4 acts...

SC1- No issues

SC2- Flip platforms require HA, but you can fly over the areas.

SC3- Super sex to break the walls (could just be a spindash for all intents and purposes), and the HA platforms are now used as stepping stone for flight.

SCB- Difficult, but you can just attack him from the side (not beneath) with tails while flying. Sonic will probably get you killed though, since you share rings.

It's worth noting that without Sonic, Tails can fly way higher and for much longer. He had a time limit (ala Classics), instead of a number of presses (ala single player mode).

Heartbreaking as it is to believe, hardcore fans as we are - the vast majority of the people who enjoy this game in the world are not going to give two shits about the music. Just "wahey look I got Sonic on my iPhone".

I'm sorry, but If its heartbreaking for you (and others) for me to say that about Sonic 4's music, people then explain to me why the fuck it has to be sound-fonts??! really, that needs to be changed.

It'd still be nice to play as solo!Tails without having to do all that...

I'm sorry, but If its heartbreaking for you (and others) for me to say that about Sonic 4's music, people then explain to me why the fuck it has to be sound-fonts??! really, that needs to be changed.

Because they wanted the game to sound like it was made in the Classic days.

Even though it used the modern designs, has modern gimmicks and uses modern graphics, it still needs to sound like a Megadrive title... right?!

I like quite a bit of the music in this game. But why it's not more like Classic Sonic's music in Generations I'll never understand.

• Thumbs Up 1