Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

The music for White Park Act 2 does sound like Twinkle Park Pleasure Castle! It also looks so much like that stage in Sonic Rivals Sky Park I think it was called?

Looking at how many times you run into walls on the roller coaster, I'm not surprised White Park is abandoned.

• Thumbs Up 1

How can you answer questions if we shoot you? D:

The game has been leaked so someone should be shot.

So Ep2 is better than Ep1 right? I look foward to finding out on 15/5/2012. So jealous.

Loving White Park act 2's music. Can't wait to see more!

Also, bought the game. While I wasn't able to download it, a friend who did is sending me the files. I'm hoping I'll be able to coax them into working somehow.

So the word is that those who paid for and downloaded the game/beta are now being locked out of playing it?

Can anyone varify this? Like post a screencap of what aparently now shows up when you try and play the game? /Wants to do a TSS update.

GOD DAT TWINKLE PARK REFERENCE! It makes me sad that I didn't get to see it in Generations now that i know how it could have sounded....:(

First bug discovered.

Aparently if you press 0 on your keyboard whilst playing the game, you get an extra life.

So Ep2 is better than Ep1 right? I look foward to finding out on 15/5/2012. So jealous.

Yep

Any idea what Red Rings do?

Not yet. But according to the Achievements you dont get the final boss without them. There's only one per stage if you didn't know.

Is metal sonic a okay boss or is he boring to fight?

First fight is eh. SF1 is like Sky Chase, but boring, while SFB is terrible.

So the word is that those who paid for and downloaded the game/beta are now being locked out of playing it?

Can anyone varify this? Like post a screencap of what aparently now shows up when you try and play the game? /Wants to do a TSS update.

Eeek. Better not close the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah basically the Play button is removed on the game's page in the Steam Library (but it only changes if you close then reopen Steam. I'll post a screen on it when I get it.

Edit: This is how the screen looks afterwards

episode2preorder.png

Edited by Kamicciolo

First bug discovered.

Aparently if you press 0 on your keyboard whilst playing the game, you get an extra life.

That's most likely an aid for the beta testers.

• Thumbs Up 7

White Park Act 2 looked boring as shit. Music was nice, yeah, but the level was constantly forcing Sonic forward without allowing a moment of actual control.

• Thumbs Up 1

MY GAWD THIS POST WONT WORK

nvm

Anyways, only 1 ring per stage? I thought there were going to be at least 5. :/

Edited by Autosaver

White Park Act 2 looked boring as shit. Music was nice, yeah, but the level was constantly forcing Sonic forward without allowing a moment of actual control.

Well, it IS a rollercoaster!

Just kidding. I agree. It looks so damned automated.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, I caved in and watched some White Park.

Act 1's music will never leave my head no matter how hard I try. Why can't all the music sound this good and catchy?!

Concerning WP Act 2 though,

While it's mostly automated, there's plenty of branching paths that'll require numerous playthroughs. It looks like you can skip some of the springs to take another path as well.

WP2 is automated to high hell in a kind of fun way. It definitely plays like something that belongs in Rush, however. Any extra routes or platforming takes the form of split second reactions. It's very sparse on enemies too.

A few of posts from SEGA's Kellie in Ken's thread at the SEGA Forums:

We will not be removing these posts or banning people who post them. We're simply asking, as a favor to us, for people not to post them.

I would also remind everyone that if you ARE going to post spoilers about the game (even though we've asked you not to), please use the SPOILER tag. You can get to this by going to the advanced posting panel and pressing the SPOIL button, or by encasing your spoiler in [.SPOILER] and [./SPOILER] (remove the periods).

This gives people the option to read them if the want, but not be spoiled if they want to wait until the release date and play it themselves.

Thanks!

You're welcome. It is unfortunate that this happened, but everyone who obtained the game did so legitimately with no stealing, hacking, or other questionable behavior. It's not fair to punish people for that.
  • Thumbs Up 3

Well this is nice. Unlike with Generations, people are actually USING the spoiler sections! :V

I watched White Park Act 1 to get an impression of how the game actually looked, and I must say, it does look quite nice. REALLY is a step up from Episode 1 in pretty much every way.

Oh and I watched the first act of Episode Metal. It looks better graphically as well, plus some of the level design looks quite "tricky" for a lack of a better word. Well that is, all the graphics that aren't reused in Episode Metal...

Well I certainly am excited, but I'm going to hold out to only footage Sega releases until I can actually play it...

So, are we allowed to post the beta stuff now considering that SEGA is totally fine with it?

Caved and took a glimpse of Sky Fortress. I just skipped around through the video so I really don't know much about how the zone plays overall, but it looks kind of fun to me.

One of the things about Episode II that I like so far is that the terrain actual seems unique to certain environments. There's a big difference in the way Sylvania Castle is designed than White Park Act 2. Whereas Episode I felt like the levels were all designed pretty much the same way and then given different skins.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm sorry but the music just gets on my nerves. The arrangements themselves may not be bad but the instrumentation is terrible. It is comparable to a cheap toy keyboard that runs on AA batteries and is meant for children to play with.

Can you play the co-op as Tails but ON YOUR OWN. In other words play co-op and play as Tails but have nobody in control of the other controller, or will the game stop you progressing because nobody is in control of Sonic?

It's like in the Classic games, where Tails could move around all he liked, but the screen is locked onto Sonic and only follows his movement, since he's the leader between the two.

• Thumbs Up 1