Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Tose? As in "The Legendary Starfy" Tose?

I am very much okay with whatever they contributed. Because they're awesome like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tose? As in "The Legendary Starfy" Tose?

I am very much okay with whatever they contributed. Because they're awesome like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know mods said no more linking Ep.2 videos, and I'm sorry, but I just had to post this masterpiece of music.

just so.... I'm crying tears of joy.

Oh a side note, I LOVE how Oil Desert all have the same melody sorta like the classics. This is the third zone, and just like Ep.1's third zone, this one will probably be my favorite.

Which is funny cause I normally hate Desert stages.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 4

I know mods said no more linking Ep.2 videos, and I'm sorry, but I just had to post this masterpiece of music.

just so.... I'm crying tears of joy.

i didn't find anything funny about it, or great for that matter

was rather pathetic if you ask me bub.

i didn't find anything funny about it, or great for that matter

was rather pathetic if you ask me bub.

Just like Episode 1? Right?

I actually find many things funny in this game. I'm wondering if some of these things are unintentional or just ol' trolling.

The random bubble chain at the end of Act 2 and Sylvannia Castle's boss is definitely trolling

But shit like 1:40 at Oil Desert Act 2, I can't stop laughing. What the fuck was the point of that?

the only thing i've seen so far that generally made me think "OH SEGA YOU" is when the pillars from Aquatic Ruins boss appeared... and then Eggman was all "LOLNOPE!" *smash*

well played SEGA, well played...

Also Nintendoga

*ehem*

YOUR POSTS ARE OVER 1000!!!

well, by the next time you post

fuckingmemeshitrottingmybrain

kill me now please.

Edited by Peacock

>Game advertises itself as "classic"

>Game has music that sounds "classic"

>Game looks and acts modern in pretty much every way because "that's more current"

It was advertised as a classic game made today. Today we have a different design.

Because both Sonics actually look like they give a shit. Thanks to Generations' far superior appearance, Sonic actually looks like he's running as fast as possible and not going for a morning run; dashing forward like mad while the road is collapsing behind him (that, my dear Dimps, is a little thing I like to call tension). Metal Sonic is boosting forward with all his might and is flinging himself all over the place in order to murder Sonic once and for all. His attacks (giant electric thing-thing, lunging at you, big shield thing that he crashes all over the place trying to kill you with) all seem like they're supposed to... you know, hurt you.

Here, Metal Sonic lazily tosses an attack and just floats there staring at you until you attack him. It's just incredibly dull. Some springs launch you around, but that's just... it's like Sonic doesn't even care ("Oh look, spring. Welp. Guess I better take it.").

Most of this is imagined by you. E2's battle has him attacking you almost the whole time with a bunch of different attacks while Generations' had only 3 attacks and died so quickly. Here here explodes at you, throws lasers at you, lunges at you, destroys the ground, dashes at you and surprises you by adding a jump to it. There's also the track jumping. If you think this boss battle is dull, then so is Generations.

I'll admit Sonic kicking Metal was a much cooler ending and that his breaks are a bit too long here.

Because both Sonics actually look like they give a shit. Thanks to Generations' far superior appearance, Sonic actually looks like he's running as fast as possible and not going for a morning run; dashing forward like mad while the road is collapsing behind him. Metal Sonic is boosting forward with all his might and is flinging himself all over the place in order to murder Sonic once and for all.

Wow dude, really? That boss fight didn't even come close to being that tense and you know it.

Anyways, the game looks just as fun as I thought it would. I like SC Act 1's music a lot. It's really energetic.

I'm really curious as to what the Red Rings do, though it kinda sucks that there's only 1 of them in each act. I thought there would be at least 3.

(And why do things like these happen when I don't have access to my computer?)

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

It was advertised as a classic game made today. Today we have a different design.

Then what's Generations?

I'll admit Sonic kicking Metal was a much cooler ending and that his breaks are a bit too long here.

And that's what kills it:

"Alright Sonic. I'm gonna try to hit you now. You ready?"

"Sure man, ready."

"Alright, here I go..." *tosses an energy ball* *Sonic jumps*

"Sonuvabitch, you dodged. Alright, your turn." *Sonic attacks and hits*

"Ow. Alright, my turn..."

The Generations fight was a... how shall I put this... a fight? You know, because they both actually acted like they were fighting?

Edit: Oh, and the Generations fight is actually fun to play. Gotta love that "fun" stuff.

Edited by Dissident

If you expect and want a great Sonic game, or a Sonic 4 that's true to the Classics, this isn't it. Sorry, but it just isn't. I have definitely enjoyed playing the game today. Now that some of the excitement has worn off, which came from mix of this being a massive leak and the sheer shock that I actually started to enjoy it early on, I can be more level headed.

The game is fun. It's passable as a decent Dimps made Sonic game. And believe me, it thoroughly feels like a Dimps game. The music includes some very good melodies that don't sound offensive in 16bit, but they really shouldn't have been 16bit at all. It doesn't really fit. The level design is basically "E1 + Creativity + Working Physics in Mind". This is what makes the game enjoyable. EDIT: To clarify, by "working physics in mind", I mean nothing unfair happens is you try to roll, jump or don't do exactly as the game expects you to. But there's nowhere apart from the hill at the start of SC where the game is built for the physics. Nowhere.

But is this all Dimps can do? I think this is the best we're going to get out of them. Please SEGA, move on and find someone else.

And again I must reiterate just how awful EM is. All things considered, it's just as bad as E1.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 8

Just collected all the Red Rings. They're not hidden especially well, found all of them on my first attempt at searching. Though quite a few are more "the hard part is GETTING them" than finding them. Oil Desert Act 2 in particular was a headscratcher.

Anyway, the results are:

Nothing. But the fact that during the end sequence you can see Little Planet/Death Egg mk.II floating there completely unexploded suggests to me that there will totally be something more in the final release. Unless they're gonna leave us on a cliffhanger and we're just gonna hope they make episode 3.

Does the PC Steam version support online yet for COOP?

I tried back before it was disabled and it couldn't find any matches, even on Quick Match.

Because both Sonics actually look like they give a shit.

For what it's worth, Metal Sonic actually has some really neat facial animation (or at least... eye animations, lol) which is something they've never done with him before. It's not much but it adds a new lick of personality to the encounters.

Then what's Generations?

Fanservice. That's why Classic Sonic was included. Nothing but shallow fanservice.

The Generations fight was a... how shall I put this... a fight? You know, because they both actually acted like they were fighting?

I'd just see it as Metal recharging himself for his next attack when he floats there facing Sonic. I honestly find that more intense in it's own way than him fizzling out and smoking every time he strains himself to do an attack, bless his heart.

Oh, finally, @Hogfather (I swear I clicked quote but it's not here): Yes I feel I got my money's worth with the £9.99 I paid for this.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 6

Then what's Generations?

Something that has nothing to do with this.

And that's what kills it:

"Alright Sonic. I'm gonna try to hit you now. You ready?"

"Sure man, ready."

"Alright, here I go..." *tosses an energy ball* *Sonic jumps*

"Sonuvabitch, you dodged. Alright, your turn." *Sonic attacks and hits*

"Ow. Alright, my turn..."

That's every boss ever, including Generations' Metal Sonic fight.

Edit: Oh, and the Generations fight is actually fun to play. Gotta love that "fun" stuff.

In what world was that fun?

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh just going to say, this game is worth £10 if you enjoyed E1. If you didn't, I don't think you'll really enjoy this much more. It would be worth picking up during a sale however. Just to see what it's like. It's no secret how much I loathe E1 and how my expectations for E2 couldn't have been any lower, but I don't regret spending £10 to get it early :P Under normal circumstance though, the price is a little high. Not a rip-off though.

I'm glad that after all the venom you directed toward the game, Blue Blood, that you were able to at least find a measure of enjoyment playing it. :)

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm glad that after all the venom you directed toward the game, Blue Blood, that you were able to at least find a measure of enjoyment playing it. smile.png

Well, I try to judge games fairly. E2 definitely exceeded my expectations, which I still stand by as being founded on solid evidence. I'm glad it was better than I thought it would be. At the same time, I'm disappointed by the fact that Dimps won't be going anywhere for a long time.

I love how each animal gets out of the capsule differently. It's a nice little detail.

• Thumbs Up 3

I love how each animal gets out of the capsule differently. It's a nice little detail.

They also walk around the stages differently.

• Thumbs Up 2

Fanservice. That's why Classic Sonic was included. Nothing but shallow fanservice.

The entire reason this game was called Sonic 4 was to capitalize on shallow fanservice. If it fails to achieve the standard set by its title of all things, why should I lower my own standards?

I'd just see it as Metal recharging himself for his next attack when he floats there facing Sonic. I honestly find that more intense in it's own way than him fizzling out and smoking every time he strains himself to do an attack, bless his heart.

I just imagined that to be a testament to him actually giving it his all, unlike the Ep. II fight where neither him nor Sonic actually seemed invested at all. :P

Something that has nothing to do with this.

It's another platformer. It's another Sonic game. It's another retro revival.

Generations has set a standard that is leagues above anything this game is showing. I'm sorry, but I refuse to lower my standards on account of developer incompetency.

That's every boss ever, including Generations' Metal Sonic fight.

Disagreed, but this conversation doesn't seem to be going anywhere, so whatever.

In what world was that fun?

This one, evidently:

tastypudding.png

• Thumbs Up 6

If you guys are arguing about the boss, just wait till

you see Oil Desert and Sky Fortress, they blow those two out of the park

They also walk around the stages differently.

Cool. Also seems to be base on environment, because Tux just waddles out in Sylvania, while he jumps on his stomach and slides away in White Park.

If you guys are arguing about the boss, just wait till

you see Oil Desert and Sky Fortress, they blow those two out of the park

Oil Desert is great, although the timing for you final attack is very unfair. The Sky Fortress boss however... no. No no no no no no no. It's bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oil Desert is great, although the timing for you final attack is very unfair. The Sky Fortress boss however... no. No no no no no no no. It's bad.

I saw that in Oil Desert, reminds me of the final boss in Sonic 4, only not as cheap.

I do like the Sky Fortress boss though, just personal preference.

And for anyone wondering, remember that golden box that had Sonic and Tails holding hands?

It's a combo move that's reminiscent of the Sonic Heroes Team Attacks. Sonic and Tails swing around before zooming all over the screen, killing the enemies while you mash the A button, before going into the rolling combo and crashing into the ground. It also gives you a fuck ton of rings from the crash.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit, I missed out on this... But maybe for the better. I will refuse to spoil myself with anything regarding the leaks unlike how I spoiled myself with Episode 1. So unfortunately, I'll probably stay away for a while (plus, I'm going back to Uni on Monday, so I will be busy as hell)!