Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Does anybody have anything to report on lock-on between episodes 1& 2. I mean apart from episode metal is there any other form of lock-on to speak of?

Act 3 of White Park sure ain't much of a park, is it? Really wish Sonic Team would have melded the 2 aspects of the zone (snow/ice and the carnival) a little bit more instead of making them so separate from one another.

Game looks like a lot of fun, though!

I think the music is really good. SC Act 2 and 3 are AWESOME!

White Park's act 1 and 2 are really good too.

Sky fortress as well. Remixed Boss music isn't bad but i'd say it doesn't fit very much.

White Park Act 3 looked really boring. Music was awful as well.

Blue Blood, you seem to be the only one here who hated this game as much as I do, so I really want to take your word for it and just be satisfied with what we've got, but... I'm really hating what I'm seeing.

It's like in the Classic games, where Tails could move around all he liked, but the screen is locked onto Sonic and only follows his movement, since he's the leader between the two.

White Park 2 is quite possibly one of the stupidest level designs I've seen in a while. It looks like they got a group of 5 year olds to do it. Why are there speed boosters EVERYWHERE?! Most of them are completely worthless. What the hell is the point in putting a speed booster NEXT TO A FREAKIN SPRING? I've been pretty tolerant of Dimps' level design, but quite frankly stuff like this is an insult to people's intelligence.

Edited by SiLeNt PyRrH0n

Metal Sonic Round 1, White Park Zone is up.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 LOVEITLOVEITLOVEIT! The music especially, holy shit!!! ;A; The fight is terrifically well executed!

SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE, I WANT THE GAME NOW!

• Thumbs Up 3

Definitely a more challenging fight than the first boss. I like how he has a few different attacks. Music is nice, too.

I think the mechanic of going into the background is quite clever. The music is quite nifty too. This is certainly much better than S4E1 already.

The seal badnik when from being cool to meh in my book. It freezes itself after it attacks.

Loving WP Act 3 and the boss. Metal Sonic's music is really awesome, while Act 3's reminds me of Lost Labyrinth which was my favorite in Episode 1.

Anyone else think the act order should've been different in WP, though? Act 3 > Act 1 > Act 2 > Boss would've made more sense to me.

So this is the big epic Metal Sonic boss they've been hyping up? It's so mediocre. Yeah, he attacks you unlike the 1st boss but the attacks are so far in between. Most of the time you're just holding forward doing nothing. Thanks for ruining my favorite character's badass factor SEGA.angry.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Remember guys, this is apparently BETA 8 (a VERY early beta) so I'm sure the final game will have several changes. Act 2 could have been revamped and the boss acts might have more attacks.

I'm on the 7th special stage, and damn it's hard! First get 120 rings, and then get 350! EDIT: And then 500! I only manage 381

Do you guys know how they work yet? You can jump (A) and boost (X). Boosting lets you do a little jump off of the side (ala Rush Special Stages), and run along walls the the half pipe become a full pipe. When boosting, it's very difficult to turn Sonic. There's also a band power up in them. Collecting it will make a band appear between Sonic and Tails (without the Chaotix gameplay). Any rings that touch the band will also be collected. For the record, they're really not fun.

Edited by Blue Blood

I don't know if its just me but I have seen Sonic uncurl about four times in the videos. Has anyone else noticed this. ( Yes I understand its an early beta, but if it was fixed in Gen 3DS you think they would have fixed it right away in the beta.)

Let's compare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHGBY6HcDvE

Visuals - Infinitely better in Generations. Stardust Speedway looks a lot cooler than White Park. Also, they used the character designs that they should have used in the first place. A nitpick, but it's proof to me that Sonic 4 is a deluded mess and doesn't know what it wants to be.

Sound - Infinitely better in Generations, since Stardust Speedway Superior Version doesn't sound like shit.

Gameplay - I haven't played it myself, but it certainly doesn't look nearly as fun as the Generations fight, personally. It just looks really generic and dull. No thanks.

It's clear to me that Generations is ten times the retro revival this game aims to be. I don't look forward to playing this. :/

• Thumbs Up 7

Also, they used the character designs that they should have used in the first place. A nitpick, but it's proof to me that Sonic 4 is a deluded mess and doesn't know what it wants to be.

• Thumbs Up 7

It's clear to me that Generations is ten times the retro revival this game aims to be. I don't look forward to playing this. :/

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Having watched the video's, the game at the very least looks fun to play.

The music sounds........quite good.

The graphics look.........rather stunning.

The level design is......very Sonic 4ish i.e. excellent/rubbish, awesome/ridiculous, incredible replay value/fucking boring.

I actually felt happy watching Metal Sonic being restored to full power at the start of Episode Metal. The metal doppleganger returns to get blasted to smithereens all over again. A pity...

Edited by MilesKnightwing