Awoo.

Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing Sequel in the works!

Lobotomy

Oh my god Gal Da Val Island.

OH MY GOD GAL DA VAL ISLAND.

Red Ring Rico would be cool because I don't know crap about the PSU branch of the franchise, but at the same time would be a bit ehhhh because it kind of spoils something to have a character who's tragic death pre-story is a rather important plot point driving around and throwing boxing gloves at people.

• Thumbs Up 1

Red Ring Rico tends to be the character used to represent the Phantasy Star franchise (well, back in the DC days anyway) and is probably the most recognizable character to SEGA fans who don't necessarily follow the franchise.

Though I imagine they'd use a rep from PSO2 if they were to include one.

As little as I like the idea I think the current representatives of the Phantasy Star franchise would be Emilia from "Portable 2" or Ethan and Lumia Waber from "Universe" (and the portable games story is based in the same system so).

These guys have lots of dialogue and are actually the main characters from their games unlike Rico, who as much as some of us would like to think about her role in PSO she just isn't so much of a main character (The main stars in those games were obviously those 4 anonymous heroes that faced both Falz, Olga, Grahart and those giant serpents)... Actually, I think characters like Bernie, Kireek, Sue, Ash or even Rupika would be more plausible choices than Rico.

Phantasy star aso has a lot of potential stages that would work.

Now, you mean classic Phatasy Star? Because there are some main characters (though maybe less memorable than the new games ones) that could be used. (I'm well aware I'm not talking about stages, but I don't think there were a lot of memorable stages in the classics outside of the Esper Mansion or Noah... There is also that weird crystal planet in PS4 which name I can't remember, but I bet there are better SEGA stages out there using these tropes)

Edited by gato

I want this game to be as fast as Daytona. In order to do that they'd need to make the tracks bigger/wider.

I'd also like to see this track, the Joypolis 2020 Amusement Park.

The thing about this game is that Sega has a massive arcade racing pedigree that's not being utilized. Ideally a Sega all-star racing game would draw inspiration from their incredible history with racing games. I don't see why making something for kids means you have to limit its potential immensely. I'd love to see things like "manual transmission" and advanced racing tactics like drafting.

Edited by PsychoJosh

There's no reason why obscure characters can't be included such as Mighty and Ray. Ristar is pretty obscure and so is Opa-Opa who was actually included.

It'd be cool to have a couple of obscure sonic characters on.

Like I said though, Banjo is a MUST for this game.

I don't see many people clamoring for NiGHTS to make it in. Are we assuming that it's a given at this point?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think NIGHTS and Ristar are given, along with Toejam and Earl. I also fully expect the entire original cast to return (Including Banjo and Metal Sonic).

I also expect to see Bayonetta, Vectorman, Gilius and Axel & Blaze from Streets of Rage.

I'm hoping they do Mighty and Ray as a dual driver, The Altered Beast guy riding a kart that looks like a Dragon (his All Star could be him turning into a werewolf) and a Dynamite Cop character.

crossing fingers for:

Blaze the Cat

Chaotix (Espio,Vector,Chrmy)

NiGHTS

Ristar

Toejam & Earl

Bayonetta

Jack Cayman

Jiro Musashi (Shinobi 3DS)

Sarah Bryant (taking the spot of Jacky & Akira)

Arle & Carbuncle

Gilius

Vyse & Aika (now that we have the Skies of Arcadia HD rumor)

*Phantasy Star random character

SECRET: Hornet, Opa Opa

I don't see many people clamoring for NiGHTS to make it in. Are we assuming that it's a given at this point?

Pretty much. We exhausted our energies for him/her/it/wait-no-i-think-its-her-now-after-JOD-gave-her-such-a-feminine-voice-even-if-she's-still-technically-genderless on ASR1. Though we'll grab the pitchforks if NiGHTS is relegated to flag waver again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, it's only been said to be for Wii U, Vita and 3DS so far, soo...

Even if it comes for 360, I only give him a 50/50 chance.

I'm hoping that because they have the models, sound clips etc that they'll still include Banjo. As I'm such a HUGE BK fan, I'd be devastated if he was cut, and I always love 3rd party characters in any game.

Besides, THIS guy should be the flagman:

IT JUST MAKES SENSE

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 4

That flagman must be very bored...

He probably wishes he could be in Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing!

...*cough*..S0L..*hack*

Whoop! Glad I got that out!

Wait, still have another one.. *hrrrrkk*Vectorman*koff*

Phew, all better now!

*stares*

Mighty and Ray as Duel-racers, please! <3

Although, I love possibly Cream and Vanilla together in a car. That'd be epic.

Well i am only in hopes for (playable) Ristar, and Toejam and Earl. I dont wanna say Nights because its obvious. And it appeared too many times to say the least. I also wanna see Vectorman, and gilius, Amitie (or) Arle and Carbunkle, and probably Vyse, and Sir Pepper would be nice addtions. For Sonic Playable, maybe for Sonic Playables, Blaze would be a cool addition, and maybe The Chaotix, or Silver...

What do you guys think the likelyhood of Banjo returning would be?

Idealy zero.

I see no point at all in making a character for one version of the game as well as a track and then not having it in all other versions. Spend that time and effort making universal content that everyone can enjoy. Also am I right in thinking that even the CPU wouldn't pick Banjo?

Idealy zero.

I see no point at all in making a character for one version of the game as well as a track and then not having it in all other versions. Spend that time and effort making universal content that everyone can enjoy. Also am I right in thinking that even the CPU wouldn't pick Banjo?

Banjo was a most welcome inclusion, you are insane.

Banjo was a most welcome inclusion, you are insane.

My mental state has nothing to do with my well thought out argument.

Why spend time and effort making and testing a character thats only used in one version of the game that isn't even going to be picked by the computer to race against. When you can spend that time creating a character which is a Sega IP and can then be used in every version of the game which you might actually see on the various tracks.

Am I missing something? oO

My mistake.

• Thumbs Up 2