Awoo.

Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing Sequel in the works!

Lobotomy

Not sure if this is related to a possible announcement, but Sonic Merchandise just sent out an email saying 20% off the original All Stars Racing track. Whilst they have been doing deals recently on clothing, it does seem a little suspect how they're now moving onto the original ASR toot.

ok... i am a bit confused on it? So its still a possibility?

Oh my GOD I have to know MORE about this game!! I'm suffering here not knowing the details. Who else is in it?! What are the new tracks like?! Will it have more online features and deeper race mechanics that harken back to Sega's arcade racing pedigree? Picture being able to select automatic/manual transmission (simplified, of course) in a game like this! I'm too excited for words, no matter what it turns out like it's a day one buy for me. All I want is speed and beautiful course design!

I want to see Hornet in this game too. But rather than him being a standalone character he should be the car of some other character. Given that Jacky Bryant is already driving the Outrun car, I think the best candidate to drive the Hornet should be his sister, Sarah Bryant.

Jj686.jpg

Initially I was thinking that she should drive the more personal Virtua Racing "Formula" car but Hornet's open for a driver so they should give it to her. Also rather than having Akira riding shotgun in Jacky's car he should be given his own car (the VR Formula car) so he can represent his series himself. That way all the Virtua Fighters get to represent two franchises at once!

Oh my GOD I have to know MORE about this game!! I'm suffering here not knowing the details. Who else is in it?! What are the new tracks like?! Will it have more online features and deeper race mechanics that harken back to Sega's arcade racing pedigree? Picture being able to select automatic/manual transmission (simplified, of course) in a game like this! I'm too excited for words, no matter what it turns out like it's a day one buy for me. All I want is speed and beautiful course design!

I want to see Hornet in this game too. But rather than him being a standalone character he should be the car of some other character. Given that Jacky Bryant is already driving the Outrun car, I think the best candidate to drive the Hornet should be his sister, Sarah Bryant.

Initially I was thinking that she should drive the more personal Virtua Racing "Formula" car but Hornet's open for a driver so they should give it to her. Also rather than having Akira riding shotgun in Jacky's car he should be given his own car (the VR Formula car) so he can represent his series himself. That way all the Virtua Fighters get to represent two franchises at once!

I would prefer Hornet as an Opa Opa type of character, also if there was a character riding the Hornet it coldn't be visible during the race since the car isn't a convertible.

They'd make it a convertible. They did that for every single vehicle in the game. And if that's an issue then just give her the Virtua Racing formula car as I said earlier, but I don't see how it'd be an issue even if the hornet had a roof. Just make it a single-seater and give it bigger windows.

Edited by PsychoJosh

You know, I'm now wondering if the gun truck would be an official racer in his game.

• Thumbs Up 9

They'd make it a convertible. They did that for every single vehicle in the game. And if that's an issue then just give her the Virtua Racing formula car as I said earlier, but I don't see how it'd be an issue even if the hornet had a roof. Just make it a single-seater and give it bigger windows.

That would take away the spirit of the "character", you don't see other character like Opa Opa or the Bonanza Bros. getting a major redesign even though they where never in a 3D game.

And this is a "kart" game, normally in those the character is always visible.

Edited by Tmsp

That would take away the spirit of the "character",

And this is a "kart" game, normally in those the character is always visible.

I don't think it would take away the spirit of the character. It would be a modification much like the Wario car in Mario Kart Double Dash; Wario's car was formerly a 2-seater but they made it a 1-seater for the sake of the game. But as I said, if it was a problem I'd just put her in the Virtua Racing formula car. Has an open top and everything, and it even appeared in the Virtua Fighter anime.

Don't know how many people have already seen this... but it kinda backs up my theory that I mentioned earlier.

Colours and Generations were announced and released in the same year (release was November time). Earlier in the topic I posted about the Meccano toys and that the release might be November, which would also match a release date if the game follows the same schedule as colours/generations did.

Yesterday, Sega confirmed the release date of the toys would be Autumn, if they are ASR 2 toys, then this would seem like a pretty good assumption that this is the date ASR 2 will be released.

Don't know how many people have already seen this... but it kinda backs up my theory that I mentioned earlier.

Colours and Generations were announced and released in the same year (release was November time). Earlier in the topic I posted about the Meccano toys and that the release might be November, which would also match a release date if the game follows the same schedule as colours/generations did.

Yesterday, Sega confirmed the release date of the toys would be Autumn, if they are ASR 2 toys, then this would seem like a pretty good assumption that this is the date ASR 2 will be released.

Edited by Sparkster24

I really hope it's not Wii U exclusive, I don't want to buy that piece of crap just for a game I could have right now on my 360.

still hoping for 360/PS3 Version too...or else I'll explode tongue.png

So far we know about Meccano toys and theres a belief that there might be Jazwares figures too... I can't believe Sega would comission a game which has all that merchandise behind it, only for it to be a Vita/3DS/Wii-U game.

As much as I like the Vita and one day want one. I can't believe they would release a game with that console line up and nothing else. Especially since one of those consoles might not even be out by end of 2012.

Before you say 'Sonic colours!' Sonic colours had 1 action figure on general sale, the collectors edition figures were extremely limited.

Edited by Hogfather

I really hope it's not Wii U exclusive, I don't want to buy that piece of crap just for a game I could have right now on my 360.

Let's not resort to stupid console bashing.

• Thumbs Up 2

the only thing that would make me buy WiiU is Sonic/SEGA interesting exclusive games...nothing more...WiiU will be a sort of little update to 360/PS3 (technically wise), just like Wii was as sort of Updated PS2/Cube/Xbox

I can see this coming:

WiiU out, people surprised about graphics but think that they aren't that much

Ps4/ new Xbox Out ....outstanding graphics and 1.000 times better that WiiU.

anyway WiiU will continue to sell 'cause of random *cough*mario*cough* family kids games, and some decent outings like zelda.

so final Nintendo Equation

crap system, less money possible + games for kids + Mario face = money and money

it could be compared to the Dreamcast in some way. The Dreamcast was out after Ps1 and before PS2, and technically wise was the best console for its time, with uncomparable graphics, games and outstanding innovations.

WiiU has a very big difference though...I see no innovation, I see no outstanding enhancement compared to the console we already have at all.

my last comment so is: Please let SASR2 be on 360/Ps3 too, 'cause the only things that WiiU could have more are NIntendo guest characters and just little updates to graphics and framerate maybe (just like a comparison between a PS2 and a Wii game)

I don't like how it looks, ok. I don't wanna be forced to buy a console I don't like just to get a game I want.

*sees shadzters post*

Oh wait a moment! Maybe we've been thinking about this wrong.

We've been thinking this is a 3DS/Vita/Wii-U only right? And nobody could quite get that line up... well... You know how for the last few years we've had a main Sonic game... and then the lite version. E.g. a handheld/Wii version? What if the original email was speaking about the lite/handheld version.

But theres also one for the main consoles on the way! Would that not make more sense than the consoles that were originally confirmed?

lol and come on Sega! Just announce the game already!

Edited by Hogfather

*sees shadzters post*

Oh wait a moment! Maybe we've been thinking about this wrong.

We've been thinking this is a 3DS/Vita/Wii-U only right? And nobody could quite get that line up... well... You know how for the last few years we've had a main Sonic game... and then the lite version. E.g. a handheld/Wii version? What if the original email was speaking about the lite/handheld version.

But theres also one for the main consoles on the way! Would that not make more sense than the consoles that were originally confirmed?

lol and come on Sega! Just announce the game already!

Yeah, I recall S0L saying they had different teams working on the different versions, so I'm wondering if the e-mail from that Sumo Digital staff member we got passed to us was from a team working on the Wii U, 3DS and PS Vita versions, while there's another team working on PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii versions.

My guess:

360/PS3/Wii U = main version

Vita/3DS/Wii = lesser version (kidding! but it will be the one where they hold back and perhaps not include stuff that the HD versions will have)

Slightly bummed about the lack of a PC mention, but it happened before (no mention of a PC release at the beginning but get's announced way latter).

Now let's wait for a confirmation and then we can start asking for "random pieces of clothing and fashion accessories".