Awoo.

Concept Art Fridays

BlazingTales

The design of Chop Chop is cool and I like the bumper-platform thing, but...

6852252021_e4617b2913_o.jpg

I don't trust that look.

One bit.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 3

CHOP CHOP

6852252021_e4617b2913_o.jpg

You know what it reminds me of? And I don't really know why it reminds me of this... you know that image of the brown dog with the sunglasses that slowly cover it's eyes and the phrase 'Deal with it' pops up... it reminds me of that. True story don't cha' know?

That and the expression looks like it's been to pimp my badnik and had an 'attitude' added as apposed to anything remotely different.

423438_10150580796362418_1372289643_n.jpg

I bet you 2p that this thing rotates, and there will be one section over a bottomless pit with loads of them... and you have to time it carefully to jump the gap, oh won't that be fun? With Sonic 4 physics.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 5

Chop Chop's engines almost look missile-like...

That looks like a homing shot!

Edited by liamc5232
  • Thumbs Up 7

Wait a minute, guys! What if...

15y6k4w.jpg

:V

All joking aside, I wonder if the bottoms will function as springs or bumpers. Both behave differently enough, after all. That being said, I do think the flipping platforms are cool, and Chop Chop looks pretty neat. I don't care if he's a re-imagining of the Aquatic Ruin original, that just confirms that there's a jungle-water/beach stage on the way.

I'd rather they act like bumpers. That way it's more challenging and if they work like springs then it could be another HA chain.

I really need to see a trailer for this game. At least over one minute of it. Temptation is harsh with these badniks revealing and hints of gameplay.

Edited by The future

I can definitely see Chop Chop firing missiles at you in E2, at least then he'd be doing something the original didn't.

Ken recently said this:

This brings up a very interesting topic. The reality is that after 20 years of games, it's super easy to say something is a re-hash; becouse there are only a limited number of terrain types in the world. If we do a "Cave" enviroment, people will say "oh thats like, Mystic Cave zone or Crystal Cave" or if it's a African enviroment people will say its a rehash of Savannh Citadel, etc. You get the idea.

Episode I Zones were definetly a throwback to the origional Zones, and I think in a nice way, since we all loved the Genesis/Mega Drive Sonics, and it brought us back to that era of gaming.

Ep II however has new Zones that we hope will keep people happy. In fact there is only (1) zone that is a genuine throwback - but that actually is more how the story unveils than anything else.

What I can say is that you'll see your first look at Sonic 4 Episode II, sooner than you think, as we have some really cool unveilings this month.

So I'm guessing it's either going to be a level based off Aquatic Ruin, Stardust Speedway, Angel Island, Ice Cap, Sandpolis, or the Death Egg.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ken recently said this:

So I'm guessing it's either going to be a level based off Aquatic Ruin, Stardust Speedway, Angel Island, Ice Cap, Sandpolis, or the Death Egg.

The "how the story unveils" comment makes me think it's Stardust Speedway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even if they do reuse a trope, I'd prefer it to be one of the under-used ones, such as a cave zone or maybe an abandoned factory zone or the oft-requested western-desert zone. Still, I am excited that there will be something new this month that may at least include something related to gameplay or at least the in-game model or something substantial.

THIS is the kinda dirt I'm interested in.

Cool unveliings, you say, Mr Kenesis? THIS MONTH, you say? Would that include a trailer, eh wat?

He might be just trolling us again, we might get a ice badnik. See what I did there?

• Thumbs Up 3

He might be just trolling us again, we might get a ice badnik. See what I did there?

Maybe we'll get pictures of an ice Zone?

Whatever he does show, I'm quite anxious to see it.

EDIT: Found the quote. Google is my friend.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Kenesis spoke now lets deal with it. :P

I'm really looking forward to what they have in store. It's nice how Kenesis comes regularly and talk and give hints of the hints and announcements of announcements. xD

Ken recently said this:

I think this'll mean at some point near the end of Feburary we will have a good idea of when we're getting a trailer if it hasn't already been released. Actually now that I think about it, Does anybody else see another possible community challenge on the horizon?

Ken recently said this:

Oh wow, I hope it's the Death Egg ruins. Since that was something people thought might be in Episode I, and fits the "ruined base" trope a couple of us have been talking about. It could be where Metal Sonic awakens from stasis or something, and then transforms into his base of operations. The kind of plot that you wouldn't need dialogue to unfold.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh wow, I hope it's the Death Egg ruins. Since that was something people thought might be in Episode I, and fits the "ruined base" trope a couple of us have been talking about. It could be where Metal Sonic awakens from stasis or something, and then transforms into his base of operations. The kind of plot that you wouldn't need dialogue to unfold.

I really like the sound of that. Ruined Death Egg trope. That would be really interesting for a start of the game.