Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Highschool of the Dead also got licensed by Sentai filmworks, and will be getting a dub. I'll definitely pick it up when it's released because I love zombie flicks. :P wow, even the intro has a lot of fanservice.

http://www.mania.com/high-school-dead-licensed-sentai-filmworks_article_123774.html

Edit: Saw episode 1, forgive me but this shit is hilarious to me.

Edited by Silencer226

Just finished FMA: Brotherhood.

...now I have an FMA-shaped hole in my heart...why do good things have to end?

Just finished FMA: Brotherhood.

...now I have an FMA-shaped hole in my heart...why do good things have to end?

I have the exact same feeling. It was so weird seeing the manga finally end after so long- it feels like I've been reading it forever.

I'm kind of setting myself up for failure, here, as I just finished the anime...and I started reading the manga while I was waiting for the last episode. And I'm hooked. Again.

I just know it's going to punch another hole right next to the first when I get to the end.

So we stopped at FYE on the way back from out vacation, and let me just say that Excel Saga is all like waaaahh!

Like, wow. CGNU approved.

You Better get used to That. If the Manga and The OP are anything to go by then the Whole show is Gonna be like that.

imokaywiththis.swf

Speking of, I recommend You check out the Manga if you Like the show, I personally Found it to be Pretty good.

also Pretty Neat OP, Not What I'd expect from a Zombie series but maybe thats for the Better. Also Neato, HoTD Animu is Finally there whoo~

I've been comparing the anime to the manga to see its accuracy and the manga isn't as fanservicey as the anime. But it still sticks with the original which is rather great. They did cut out some stuff like a discussion over water but they probably felt like it wasn't as important as other plot points.

But all in all the anime is pretty damn well done. :D Even though its sort of censored they still have zombies eating anime girls and that is something. XD

*wishes Franken Fran would update*

Edited by Zabel Zarock

So I had this as a status update but I'll post in here in hopes that someone might be able to explain it...

FLCL ending.

I am confus.

So I had this as a status update but I'll post in here in hopes that someone might be able to explain it...

FLCL ending.

I am confus.

i'll try and explain this more in depth when i get home from work but FLCL is essentially about growing up. Haruko represents the confusion of puburty and the robots that come out of naota's head are it's challenges.

Ah, I've heard about the whole growing up part, but I didn't think it would be shown through metaphors. Might go and watch it again and try picking up on them.

you'll notice haruko first appears when naota starts seeing mamimi sexually, and the various robots tend to pop out of his head and particularly stressful times.

The kiteral ending is like... Naota's summons the power of ancient space pirate bird man atomsk and the awesome might of ROCK to defeat the evil medical mechanica and slug a meteor into space... Or something. Lol.

Plus nearly every seemingly innocuous plot element has like 10 levels of symbolism.

Edited by Tornado

Has 4-Kids stopped editing Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's? I was watching the german dub yesterday and so far we've always had the 4-Kids version, but this had a japanese opening and the text on the cards was japanese, so is 4-kids just leaving it how it is, or something? I guess it's possible we've started just dubbing the japanese version, but thats weird since since the original series we've been getting the 4-kids version.

The episode was about some dueling cowboys, by the way.

They had some, but they didn't duel on them :( Yusei (I think thats his name) did duel 3 people at once and beat them in like 2 turns, though :-/ Also the cowboys got theirs slaves by dueling them. The loser became a slave @_@ There was also a guy named Cullin who defeated some bald muscle guy :-/

Edited by MarcelloF

Interestingly, the animation director for the newest episode has never worked on Shippuden before, and has only ever worked on three episodes of the original series (30, 71, and 133- the Sasuke/ Orochimaru, Hokage and Naruto/Sasuke fights respectively). So yeah, whilst there's been a fair number of well-animated fights in Shippuden so far, they were done by other top-notch teams.

I just don't like how this episode is, well... far too comical to take seriously. I mean, it was cartoon violence on a Looney Tunes or Tom & Jerry scale, really. It just looked more hilarious than 'oh my god' serious. What happened, and a lot of Pain's expressions, were just lulz-inducing, whichever way you look at it.

Also, not to mention the severity of this episode is gonna cause a massive problematic inconsistency in the next one;

Pain is beaten with a single, normal rasengan in the end. The whole point is that the individual Pain bodies are supposed to be fairly weak and die quite easily. In this episode? Pain got the absolute undead SHIT beat out of him- things that should have killed him a few hundred times over. How pathetic is it going to look when he gets beaten by one rasengan after all the shit he stood up to in this episode?!

Also, Pain was acting a fair bit out of character in the episode too, but again, the main thing that bothered me was the ridiculously unintentional comedy during what's supposed to be such a serious moment. Granted, I don't hate or even dislike the episode by any means, it just makes me laugh and want to facepalm. It's a shame, last week's episode was so much better than the manga, and would have been a near-perfect episode if it weren't for a couple of small things.

This week's episode was good for largely wrong reasons. Namely comedy. D:

I can see the angle in which you're coming from. Maybe I'm just a sucker for good animation and will overlook plot inconsistencies for awesomeness. I'm just saying if they did the rest of the show like this episode without the humorous moments, Holy shit.

Since Fullmetal Achemist is over, anybody got any recommendations that will fill in this hole in my heart. I'm seriously am thinking about looking at a list and watching whatever looks good.

Okay, so I've got hold of the raw for episode one of Digimon Xros Wars ('Cross Wars'- I still hate that stupid spelling -_-). Will watch later and give my thoughts then.

I can see the angle in which you're coming from. Maybe I'm just a sucker for good animation and will overlook plot inconsistencies for awesomeness. I'm just saying if they did the rest of the show like this episode without the humorous moments, Holy shit.

Since Fullmetal Achemist is over, anybody got any recommendations that will fill in this hole in my heart. I'm seriously am thinking about looking at a list and watching whatever looks good.

Have you seen Baccano! ? It's kind of old but the show is rock solid, and a breath of fresh air compared to most other anime I've seen recently.

It's a non-linear show mainly set in Prohibition era America over a period of 3 years about a group of immortals, gangsters, alchemists and a train called the Flying Pussyfoot. Excellent stuff.

as for stuff that's currently showing, I'm thinking of watching Highschool Of The Dead and maybe Heroman. Haven't seen either, but I've heard good things.

I finished watching Gurren Lagann, it was awesome and I'm going to buy the complete collection when I have the money. Now I'm going to start watching Eva.

I finished watching Gurren Lagann, it was awesome and I'm going to buy the complete collection when I have the money. Now I'm going to start watching Eva.

2qch3me.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, so I saw the first episode of Digimon Xros Wars (still hate that stupid intentional spelling of 'Cross').

It's too early to judge it properly, of course, and I did see it without subtitles, so I'm in even less of a position to form a fair opinion on it just yet. So far, though? Well... I'm undecided.

I mean, nothing about it put me off, but nothing really drew me in, either. Considering I think Digimon Savers is the best thing ever, it was always going to be an impossibly hard act to follow. I can't say I'm too pleased with the choice to go back to the pre-Savers style, but obviously style alone isn't going to put me off the show.

I do have to agree with a couple of common criticisms among most fans so far, though- namely that they seem to be throwing the standard concept of Digimon evolution out the window in favour of the DigiCross system (which is kinda cool in itself, but I hope they bring in proper evolution later on, like they did with 02 and its armour evolution). Also, from this episode, and the trailers and opening animation thus far, the Digimon designs for this series seem heavily mecha-based. I'm not big on mecha. D:

My brother also pointed out that most of the enemy Digimon in this episode that they totally owned were stupidly high levels that they shouldn't really have been able to beat.

So yeah, jury's still out on it, but I'm expecting to be pretty biased toward it, since it's Digimon. Still, I'm not expecting a Savers-beater.

Have you seen Baccano! ? It's kind of old but the show is rock solid, and a breath of fresh air compared to most other anime I've seen recently.

It's a non-linear show mainly set in Prohibition era America over a period of 3 years about a group of immortals, gangsters, alchemists and a train called the Flying Pussyfoot. Excellent stuff.

as for stuff that's currently showing, I'm thinking of watching Highschool Of The Dead and maybe Heroman. Haven't seen either, but I've heard good things.

I totally have been suggested into watching this before Durarara. This is probably why I'm so damn confused about Durarara. I'll definately watch this.

So, summer season. Only two things that actually interested me were Ookami-san to Shinchinin no Nakamatachi and Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin/Occult Academy. I might check out Highschool of the Dead and Mitsudomoe too but my expectations are very very low.

Ookami-san is meh, it really has nothing interesting about it. I like Tall Taiga and the guy with the long hair is adorable but that's not enough to get me to watch the show. I was somewhat entertained but at other times extremely bored. I'll give it another chance next week but if I'm not impressed it's getting dropped.

Now Occult Academy, that is really good so far. The story is intriguing, Maya is likable, it's just a good show all around. I can't wait for more of it.

Also Heroman is just getting better and better, it's pretty fantastic now. The plot is actually going places unlike the first eight episodes of dullness!