Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Can somebody explain to me why people think one piece is the next DBZ?

Might have something to do with the fact that its the top selling manga in Japan and has outsold Dragon Ball itself.

Can somebody explain to me why people think one piece is the next DBZ?

People have been saying this for over ten years now, haha. It's probably because One Piece characters have similar personalities (even though they're just archetypes) to DBZ characters, and feels more so like a spiritual successor to Dragon Ball more than any other running shounen right now. Oh, and like Azure said, its success is a major factor in this too. The only difference is Dragon Ball was/is a worldwide success, and One Piece didn't really catch on in other parts of the world like it did in Japan, Germany, Italy, France and Spain.

• Thumbs Up 3

People have been saying this for over ten years now, haha. It's probably because One Piece characters have similar personalities (even though they're just archetypes) to DBZ characters, and feels more so like a spiritual successor to Dragon Ball more than any other running shounen right now. Oh, and like Azure said, its success is a major factor in this too. The only difference is Dragon Ball was/is a worldwide success, and One Piece didn't really catch on in other parts of the world like it did in Japan, Germany, Italy, France and Spain.

thanks for the explination guys

Moar AoT talk, because someone has to:

I was rewatching episode 17 and I noticed that right before Reiner is 'crushed' by the female titan he gives a little wink in Eren's direction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OeZUFEmF4M

Notice how the FT smiles at him as well.

So yeah. Still think Ft is Annie and AT is Reiner.

In addition, Toonami helped make Dragon Ball successful in the US due to its influence at the time. It was THE show of the block, one that everyone watched after coming home from school.

Speculating about a lot of the titan identities seems really urgh to me because anyone can just look up spoilers and pretend to "figure out" who the titans are. >_>

• Thumbs Up 1

So this is what awaits in the chapter 645 of the Naruto manga: 2 pics in spoilers

http://ugc.qpic.cn/manhua_cover/0/03_20_09_5bada2d3c87a32ccfde0514ac3065969/0

snL39wM.png

At last Bijuu mode + Sage Mode

The source is this site http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=431258 Although I may warn that the pics are not in spoilers there

Speculating about a lot of the titan identities seems really urgh to me because anyone can just look up spoilers and pretend to "figure out" who the titans are. >_>

To be fair, its not exactly hard to figure who's the Female Titan at this point. I don't even think its much of a spoiler anymore.

I knew about this just today thanks to a Facebook post

http://www.youtube.com//watch?v=02a_9lSTC6U

And yeah, it was actually removed. But why? Fans already knew about Bardock at that point and it's literally a frame. It was a silly decision if you ask me

EDIT: Video! Y U NO SHOW UP IN SITE?

Edited by Monovec

General audiences who hadn't watched the films would be confused as to why Goku was in hell?

He also made an appearance while Goku was fighting Freeza and he was underwater without being able to get out because Freeza was hunting him down. And I don't remember if the Freeza's flashback is something Kai added (It's mostly the case I think)

To be fair, its not exactly hard to figure who's the Female Titan at this point. I don't even think its much of a spoiler anymore.

True, but a lot of people haven't watched it so no point in spoiling. :)

http://kotaku.com/oh-the-ways-anime-changes-1256126803

So this is a pretty common thing in Japan huh? I'm guessing they use the DVD/BRD versions as a way of going back and fixing work they didn't like the first time around.

I know Sonic X did this too right?

I've noticed this too. An anime I've recently got into, called Date A Live, has been doing this with its "Extended Director's Cut" DVD/BRD releases; it's uncensored, has corrected frames, changed the music in some scenes, new SFX added, and added new scenes all-together that weren't present in the TV broadcast version. It's pretty cool, and it makes the home video release become the definitive version of the show.

Yeah, Sonic X did this to a lesser extent. IIRC, most of the changes were alterations to the music in some scenes; particularly how they replaced all insert vocal songs with different music. Examples: Sonic becoming Super Sonic for the first time in Episode 26 originally had a vocal song but it was replaced with the instrumental version of the Second Ending theme, The Shining Road. Episode 52 swapped out 2 vocal songs; the first was replaced with the full version of The Shining Road, and the second with Event: The Last Scene from SA2.

Edited by Tomoki

So I tried Code Geass and I was not impressed, Clamp's character designs have gotten worse over time in my opinion, not to mention that the general plot felt cliche with the corrupt government trope.

• Thumbs Up 2

New Shingeki no Kyojin manga chapter is out 

Chapter was okay but nothing surprising,but at least Eren´s saved. Can´t wait for his reaction next month, though.

I kinda hated Armin in this chapter for deceiving Bert and Reiner like that, I don´t know, I  am in Bert and Reiner side in this arc.

PS: C-Connie and Christa were cute okay.

Edited by Ristar

So I tried Code Geass and I was not impressed, Clamp's character designs have gotten worse over time in my opinion, not to mention that the general plot felt cliche with the corrupt government trope.

tumblr_lxz9tsXETc1rn95k2o1_400.gif

So I tried Code Geass and I was not impressed, Clamp's character designs have gotten worse over time in my opinion

Because they were so special to begin with. /s

not to mention that the general plot felt cliche with the corrupt government trope.

Way to miss the elephant in the room and rant about the color of the walls.

Edited by 少佐 Jin H. Kisaragi
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, to be honest, I've never been a fan of CLAMP's works. I've given of a few of their works a go in the past, but I just couldn't get into any of them.Their style just isn't my cup of tea.

On the bright side, we got a lot of unintentional hilarity because of CLAMP.

Also, new R+V chapter:

5766-cry-me-a-river-guy.gif

Yeah, lots of feels in that one.

MOKA'S DEAD, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ...Wait. Does this mean that Kurumu, Mizore and Ruby actually might have a chance with Tsukune, now? Pffft... Naaaaaah. They'll probably bring Moka back to life some how.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot that only Outer Moka's dead, so Inner's still around.Takes away some of the feels, but okay.

Edited by Tomoki

Inb4duesexmachina

And only Outer Moka is dead man, we still have the Inner one. SO take that.

Oh then my mistake.

They'll still probably bring back Outer Moka or maybe the two personalities merge together via dues ex machina, since Tsukune mentioned that he wanted both Mokas to become one earlier on. C-C-C-COUNTER