Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I know, I'm just clinging to hope. The Persona 4 Anime was decent, so I'm at least hoping for that much quality.

I'm kinda wanting to give Attack on Titan a chance, but the scenes where the Titans are eating people, especially the scenes where the characters inside the Titans (The mouth, the stomach, ect,) kinda make me sick to my stomach. I blame my unfortunate discovery of Vore on that.

Please tell me the scenes where the characters are inside the Titans are rare. I can kinda tolerate giant things eating people, but inside shots are where I draw the line.

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac

I'm kinda wanting to give Attack on Titan a chance, but the scenes where the Titans are eating people, especially the scenes where the characters inside the Titans (The mouth, the stomach, ect,) kinda make me sick to my stomach. I blame my unfortunate discovery of Vore on that.

Please tell me the scenes where the characters are inside the Titans are rare. I can kinda tolerate giant things eating people, but inside shots are where I draw the line.

There's like one scene of that, and its over pretty quickly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just got caught up on Attack on Titan myself. My favorite aspects are the story and the animation.

I mean, just:

1355017267157.gif

yes. This is like, movie-quality stuff, imo.

It gets pretty dark at times too, what with the themes of being a soldier and the violence and whatnot, but I think it adds to the atmosphere. It has some great characters as well. Sasha is best character. Another thing I find interesting is the use of western-themed characters, in both names and physical appearances, and a western-themed setting. Anyway, gonna regularly follow the series now.

• Thumbs Up 4

The one thing I don't like about the animation is the abundance of stills though the last ep didn't have as many so maybe that's improving.

It got pretty bad in episode 11, but I guess that's what blu ray is for

Sometimes what gets aired ends up being incomplete. Like Madoka had some chagnes done to it when the final release came.

The one thing I don't like about the animation is the abundance of stills though the last ep didn't have as many so maybe that's improving.

Yeah, I can understand that. Though with the abundance of those big scenes involving the 3D maneuver gear, sometimes several times in a single episode, (which are probably super-expensive to pull off and soak up the budget for everything else,) I sorta feel that they make up for the still shots to a degree.

Edited by Inferno

Looks like Funimation rescued Crest of the Stars, wanted to see that for a while, now if only they could get a hold of Saber Marionette J to X...

Manga: My first manga was Shaman King by Hiroyuki Takei. i picked up the first volume a few years back. I owned the first ten books. I re-read recently and thought 'hmm maybe ill give these another go'. So i bought the rest of the series which consists of 32 books. I have to say i am dissatisfied with the vague ending... its an incomplete ending in my opinion with no true finish.

Anime: last one i watched was Spirited Away its a decent anime i recomend it. :P

I checked out the 90s Shoujo series, Dear Brother on AnimeSols.com and like it so far, shoujo-ai galore with some handome girls. Only one episode, but it's neat.

So, I've been thinking about watching "Suisei no gargantia". Opinions?

You've probably made up your mind by now, but... it stops being good after about three episodes.  I feel like it had this really strong basis as a character piece, but then there were two episodes of fanservice with added casual homophobia, and after that the plot became really contrived and meandering.  "Disappointing" is my verdict.  Actually, it's been a couple of seasons since anything has really hooked me.

• Thumbs Up 1

You've probably made up your mind by now, but... it stops being good after about three episodes.  I feel like it had this really strong basis as a character piece, but then there were two episodes of fanservice with added casual homophobia, and after that the plot became really contrived and meandering.  "Disappointing" is my verdict.  Actually, it's been a couple of seasons since anything has really hooked me.

Bullshit, it was decent.

So I just watched the latest episode of WataMote and...well...

137640974360.gif

Fuck it. I don't even know anymore XD

The Hatsune Miku ending theme was a nice touch though.

Edited by Wonder Black (AR)

Bullshit, it was decent.

Adequate at best.  I'm no expert in the field of animation or music, or even the quality of voice acting, so these may have been of praiseworthy standard, but the plot to which they were devoted would have been better-served by several rewrites.

• 2 weeks later...

Rewatching Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, this time in Japanese, then I will move onto the commentaries. It was a "boo"tiful show overall.

I need more Madoka Magica. Have the first two movies been dubbed yet?

Nope, but they have been subbed (the sub is really amazing, if you haven't seen it yet)

The third movie is out in Japan soon, but don't expect it to get online for a very long time.

• Thumbs Up 1