Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I've been reading the Attack on Titan manga, and yeah, I freakin' love it so far! My God, you guys weren't kidding when you said "Everyone is dying", holy shit... And those Titans... I find them both creepy, hilarious and badass at the same time.

Yes, from what I remember the LQ leaks, Jetix France, 4kids (lol), and TMS versions all had something different.

Ah, good to know. That's definitely strange that TMS sent different dubbing companies different masters of the show, but then again, I believe it was 4Kids that funded Season 3 / Series 2, so I guess they all got rough, "unfinished" versions.

Edited by Tomoki

So apparently half of the shit in the recent episode of AoT wasn't even in the manga...just...why would you do that.

So apparently half of the shit in the recent episode of AoT wasn't even in the manga...just...why would you do that.

Because it was good shit and gave the characters more development. If it's good, who cares who wrote it?

• Thumbs Up 6

Because it was good shit and gave the characters more development. If it's good, who cares who wrote it?

I know, when I said that I was speaking more "Why would you trample on my heart some more anime".

I know, when I said that I was speaking more "Why would you trample on my heart some more anime".

Oh. Fair enough then.

tumblr_msscss7sND1rafdelo1_500.png

Edited by Discoid
  • Thumbs Up 7

Fuuuuck. With this latest episode I can finally say it. The HxH anime has surpassed the manga, the 90s series and basically everything. They added so much via the direction to already amazing scenes I was like SO INTO IT despite rereading this chapter like last week.

the highlight of my entire week now is pretty much just watching hunter x hunter. yea I'm a fanboy but I don't give a shit. This series rules and people need to know. 

Look at these fucking gifs.

hxh95speedster_by_aims773-d6lj356.gif

hxh95gonpissed_by_aims773-d6lj4on.gif

I know this is raising your interest a little. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Other than looking completely stupid, inefficient, ridiculous, and blatantly sexual? 

So like every other Anime heroine then?

The day women in Anime dress practically for battle is the day the music will die.

• Thumbs Up 5

Other than looking completely stupid, inefficient, ridiculous, and blatantly sexual? 

Not much, I guess.

You have clearly never watched an Ganiax anime before

So like every other Anime heroine then?

The day women in Anime dress practically for battle is the day the music will die.

mikasa_ackerman_render_o2__shingeki_no_k

Kuriyama.Mirai.full.1568624.jpg

casca-from-berserk.jpg?w=551

You have clearly never watched an Ganiax anime before

I honestly have no idea why I let myself have expectations of them. I think Little Witch Academia made me think Trigger was alright.

Edit - 

Thought of a few more. 

Maka-Scythe-maka-albarn-9913880-1024-768

Fullmetal%20Alchemist%20-%2012%20-%20Lar

Edited by Discoid
  • Thumbs Up 3

I honestly have no idea why I let myself have expectations of them. I think Little Witch Academia made me think Trigger was alright.

Regarding Little Witch Academia, the reason that had no fanservice and this one does is simply because of one thing. Different directors. You Yoshinari (director of Academia) is more of a freshman, it was his first directorial effort. He most likely does not care much for fanservice. Hiroyuki Imaishi (who is directing Kill la Kill) has created shows such as Gurren Lagann and PSG, both of which have their amounts of fanservice. Trigger is made up of former Gainax members, after all.

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Have to agree with Discoid. IT isn't a case of "lolmodernanime", underboob suspenders with Super Robot shoulderpads is probably one of the worst designs I've ever seen.

Still, those 2 GIFs do catch my interest, if only because I've wanted a Cheetahmen anime.

• Thumbs Up 2

I never said there weren't exceptions, just that there are unfortunately very few.

And Gainax is sadly known mostly for their bouncing boobies.

That said, yea it is a dumb design but its nothing I haven't seen already.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

That Mikasa picture is so fucking sexy... wait, I mean not blatantly sexual at all. That design sucks lol, it really does. And its also not sexy at all. Mikasa is sexy, that is just stupid, Mikasa makes me want to LJKLSDFKLDSKL;FKLAFJ

Edited by Noel

I'm usually able to give leeway to anime girls wearing revealing outfits if it at least looks somewhat practical (Yoko's original outfit in TTGL for instance, which is just shorts and a bikini top, and none of the characters wear much clothing anyway), but those suspenders look pretty ridiculous. Even Panty & Stocking never reached this level of silliness.

• Thumbs Up 6

zx7iM6il.jpg

And suddenly I'm much less interested. 

Normally I don't mind fan service in anime, but man that's overkill TRIGGER! Honestly, I think she would look better in a skin-tight latex suit with armor plating and shit covering her torso. This is just laughably impractical for battle, I mean come on! Even TTGL and PSG weren't this ridiculous! Though I like the TTGL vibes I get from her shoulder plating. Reminds me of Lazengann and Nia's anti-spiral suit. Also the sleeves and cuffs on her suit remind me of the Eva pilot suits from Evangelion a bit.

Edited by Tomoki
  • Thumbs Up 1

Normally I don't mind fan service in anime, but man that's overkill TRIGGER! Honestly, I think she would look better in a skin-tight latex suit with armor plating and shit covering her torso. This is just laughably impractical for battle, I mean come on! Even TTGL and PSG weren't this ridiculous! Though I like the TTGL vibes I get from her shoulder plating. Reminds me of Lazengann and Nia's anti-spiral suit. Also the sleeves and cuffs on her suit remind me of the Eva pilot suits from Evangelion a bit.

I think I'm more disgusted by her anatomy. Poor girl has a spine problem.

I don't feel anything for that design. Not offense, not arousal, not disgust... just, "that's a design."

I'm not even bothered by how revealing it is. I mean, considering this is anime we're talking about, is this really the most revealing outfit you've* seen?

*general you. I'm not going after anyone in particular, so don't start firing internet missiles at me.

I'm not even bothered by how revealing it is. I mean, considering this is anime we're talking about, is this really the most revealing outfit you've* seen?

It's honestly among the stupidest I've seen, I think.