Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I don't feel anything for that design. Not offense, not arousal, not disgust... just, "that's a design."

I'm not even bothered by how revealing it is. I mean, considering this is anime we're talking about, is this really the most revealing outfit you've* seen?

*general you. I'm not going after anyone in particular, so don't start firing internet missiles at me.

Eh, I feel the same way to be honest. Maybe I'm just immune to having the reactions that some here are having.

That doesn't make those reactions wrong, mind.

Im just atm done with the last episodes of Hyperdimension the animation, not sure what to watch by now, i was probably thinking to tryout Kara No Kyoukai

So in the latest Naruto manga chapter everyrhing went crazy and in the meantime we had a history lesson:

The Ten Tails reached it's final form: The Tree of Life and it's draining the chakra of anyone it catches and when the flower bulb at the top opens, the Infinite Tsukuyomi will be casted.

Naruto almost got drained but was saved by the 3rd Hokage.

The most important part is that Madara gave us a lesson of the origin of the shinobi, how a woman called Kaguya Ootsutsuki ate a fruit from the tree of life and from there chakra started to exist, then Ten Tails was mad because of it and how finally Kaguya's son: Hogoro (Or you may know him as the Sage of 6 Paths) was born with chakra within him, discovered the secret behind how chakra worked and put a stop on the Ten Tails

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't like the design for Kill La Kill either. Maybe it'll look better in motion or in the final anime, but it just looks kinda silly. And not Gurren Lagann "cool silly" either, but instead kinda clownish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc6R3ZL5Dho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sizePTpuJA

I think Funimation handled these important scenes pretty well, especially Robin's VA. I liked Luffy's "Bring it on!!!" line too, had alot of power in the delivery imo.

Edit: the English voice Actor for Brook was just revealed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUFsBpoflSo

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 3

Kill la Kill looks like it's going to be fucking stupid anyway, this new design just reinforces how ridiculous it's going to be.

This is coming from someone who likes Ikki Tousen, Sonico and general ecchi/hentai-esque series, and even I think this looks fucking stupid.

Kill la Kill looks like it's going to be fucking stupid anyway, this new design just reinforces how ridiculous it's going to be.

This is coming from someone who likes Ikki Tousen, Sonico and general ecchi/hentai-esque series, and even I think this looks fucking stupid.

I think what blew it for me before this design came out was it was yet again, another high school show.

I just don't get why everyone is throwing hype for this just because it's fucking Trigger, this whole thing looked like ass from the start, with generic character designs, and a pair of broken scissors..? What the fuck.

Can't say I'm surprised, since I didn't like Gurren Lagann either, the only thing I've enjoyed from Gainax is Panty & Stocking.

Edited by okinoS repuS

So in the latest Naruto manga chapter everyrhing went crazy and in the meantime we had a history lesson:

The Ten Tails reached it's final form: The Tree of Life and it's draining the chakra of anyone it catches and when the flower bulb at the top opens, the Infinite Tsukuyomi will be casted.

Naruto almost got drained but was saved by the 3rd Hokage.

The most important part is that Madara gave us a lesson of the origin of the shinobi, how a woman called Kaguya Ootsutsuki ate a fruit from the tree of life and from there chakra started to exist, then Ten Tails was mad because of it and how finally Kaguya's son: Hogoro (Or you may know him as the Sage of 6 Paths) was born with chakra within him, discovered the secret behind how chakra worked and put a stop on the Ten Tails

Ooookaaay...This manga has gotten really ridiculous.

I mean you'd think there would have been some foreshadowing of something this major a long long time ago as opposed to dumping this knowledge so late in the manga. I mean, TREE OF LIFE? That sounds like something out of a Studio Ghibli film, or Norse Mythology if anything.

Edited by 743 ED Missile

I love that Kill La Kill design.

In fact I've loved everything I've seen about it so far except for the generic looking sidekick girl - but knowing who is behind this I expect her at some point to become pretty badass too haha. I am beyond hyped for it, I've made much more nonsensical and 'stupid looking' designs myself in my own material that stuff like that doesn't phase me.

So...yeah - I can't wait to see it.

Just finished PSG. Rocked my socks. Time to find OSTs and shit. I know I'm gonna be rewatchin this one a few times in my lifetime. <33 Panty

• Thumbs Up 2

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/11/4721422/hayao-miyazakis-the-wind-rises-gets-us-release-date

Studio Ghibli's latest film, The Wind Rises, finally has a North American theatrical release date. The English dubbed version of the film will have a limited release on February 21, with a wide release occurring on February 28. None of the English voice cast has been announced yet, at the moment.

hype levels to the high heavens

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, before even showing the opening of Shippuden, they played this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3G4Rqdzmkk

It's what'd happen if Naruto made a Poke Rap...but without the rap

Seriously, NO ONE else notices that it's a FUCKING ORGANIC UNIFORM!?
Assuming you're referring to that Kill La Kill chick... So what? Call me a Doylist, but that the "outfit" is supposed to be a living being doesn't make that character design any less ridiculous and, frankly, dumb. To be honest, I would've actually preferred that it's what it is because they just wanted her to look "sexy" -- at least that would have been more honest.
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm certainly ain't gonna to disklike a anime just because of the character designs. I'll wait for the first 5 episode of Kill-a-kill before I go passing silly judgement on it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm certainly ain't gonna to disklike a anime just because of the character designs. I'll wait for the first 5 episode of Kill-a-kill before I go passing silly judgement on it.

I don't think anyone has said anything about the anime itself, just the outfit :U

Oh you're right, I didn't notice that at all no siree!

My entire opinion has been swayed by this completely irrelevant revelation.

• Thumbs Up 6

...Kinky.

Tbh I still think it looks silly.

Edited by Inferno