Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

New movie's English title revealed.

But who cares about that.

Hoopa's voice is godawful. And I don't even hate the dub voices.

I agree, the tPCI voices are very good, except hoopa's english voice, I'll take the japanese voice anytime.

New movie's English title revealed.

But who cares about that.

Hoopa's voice is godawful. And I don't even hate the dub voices.

Like holy shit, there is no emotion whatsoever.

From what I can tell, Hoopa, at least in this form, is supposed to be the extraverted jokester type, the sort of thing that should sound so darn happy almost constantly. The vocal pitch used here sounds more bored and unenthused than anything, and the character suffers a bit for it.

I guess I can only hope that the rest of the movie makes up for this, else it's gonna be a bigger drag than it really should be.

I haven't cared about a Pokemon movie since the Zoroark one, so meh.

Zoroark was entertaining?

• Thumbs Up 3

Zoroark was entertaining?

The villain at the very least, there aren't enough assholes in these movies.

I find most of the movies generally range from dull to awful and every shade of forgettable in between, personally.

I've not seen the Manaphy one, but really the only ones that really managed to hold my attention throughout were the Lucario and Arceus movies.

For parts of the Shaymin and Deoxys movies I as actually falling sleep. >_>; Admittedly it probably didn't help I was watching them kind of late, but the fact they were mind-numbingly dull didn't exactly help, either.

Also, the dubbed Hoopa movie trailer is totally spoilers for Serena's new look for people who don't watch the Japanese version. XD

The last Pokémon movie I saw was Rise of Darkrai, which was...okay. I'm not particularily interested in seeing most of the others. The only good thing about the Pokemon movies is the animation really. 8[

I believe the last Pokemon movie I saw was Rise of Darkrai. The only movie I remotely gave a crap about was Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

Lucario movie made me cry

what in the actual heck

It's one of my favorites. Darkrai and Arceus are up there too.

I love Lucario and the Mystery of Mew! It's what made Lucario one of my favourite Pokémon, and while Mew and the Regis felt kinda shoe horned in I thought Lucario as a character was good and the ending was really bittersweet. There's also a cute scene where he eats chocolate! X3

tumblr_mqurwlQuSA1rgdwkzo2_500.gif

I'm so glad they brought Sean Schemmel back to voice him in Smash Bros 4. He's a great Lucario!

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, the Lucario movie.

Where a dog Pokemon eats chocolate and it's not the thing that ends up killing him.

• Thumbs Up 8

CCr8NhDXIAARYR8.jpg

Do not approach him, you might cut yourself on all of that edge. 

Its from a Japanese trailer apparently, also has Hoopa's Unbound form.

• Thumbs Up 2

Goodra is leaving? The first pseudo legendary Ash has obtained and its fucking leaving? Ugh. Well there goes my hope of Ash doing halfway decent in he Kalos league.

Watch Ash get Eevee and evolve it into Espeon, semi-completing the team he needs to match GSC Red's.

1000 dollars says it goes to Serena.

No way the writers would give Ash something that'll clearly evolve into a Sylveon. Even though it'd be interesting.

Wait....May got an Eevee in Advanced....

And now....the writers really aren't being subtle about the fact that this season is a major throwback to the Advanced Generation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man, I can't wait see Ash lose to a Pokemon dressed as a fairy tale character.

Who do you think it'll be? The Little Dewgong? The Ugly Ducklett? The Steadfast Tin Golett? Little Litwick Girl?

If anybody was ever questioning if the Mega Evolution specials were canon to the main anime, today's Japanese episode pretty much confirmed it.

Goodra leaving is...stupid. Ah well, at least Ash has still got Frogadier which is definitely for sure no doubt about it evolving into Greninja. BD