Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Man, it's been close to two years and they're just getting to the third gym battle???

Fifth actually

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, it's been close to two years and they're just getting to the third gym battle???

...It's been less than a year and a half, and they're on the fifth one.  :mellow:

I really wouldn't call five Gyms in 60+ episodes "decent".

BW did the exact same thing and look what happened there: we rushed through four Gyms in 20-something episodes, waited around 20 for the letdown of a League, then Episode N, and doing nothing important for half a year while we waited for XY to start.

At least the Hoopa movie guarantees Zygarde and subsequently Pokemon Z won't be happening this year. I don't want them doing XY Season 2. That was an awful idea in Best Wishes.

I really wouldn't call five Gyms in 60+ episodes "decent".

BW did the exact same thing and look what happened there: we rushed through four Gyms in 20-something episodes, waited around 20 for the letdown of a League, then Episode N, and doing nothing important for half a year while we waited for XY to start.

At least the Hoopa movie guarantees Zygarde and subsequently Pokemon Z won't be happening this year. I don't want them doing XY Season 2. That was an awful idea in Best Wishes.

I think the last three gyms will be spaced out considerably, espeically now that the gaps between them can be filled with Serena's stuff finally. I don't know what you'd consider a "decent" pace but id say things have been moving along adequeatley, I ceartainly dont want another DP Gym pacing wise with HUGE fucking gaps (one of them being a fucking year long). I just hope the quick pace doesnt turn into a cluster fuck like it did with BW and they actually have something of worth to show once the League is over.

How does the fact we're getting a Hoopa movie rule out Pokémon Z? 

The movies are pretty much always focused around the Mythical/ event Pokémon these days. Diancie had a movie, Hoopa is getting a movie, it's pretty obvious Volcanion will get the third XY movie. 

I don't think Zygarde ever had a chance at getting a movie really, especially considering his connections to Xerneas and Yveltal. If anything, you think he'd have cameo'd in the Diancie movie.

How does the fact we're getting a Hoopa movie rule out Pokémon Z? 

The movies are pretty much always focused around the Mythical/ event Pokémon these days. Diancie had a movie, Hoopa is getting a movie, it's pretty obvious Volcanion will get the third XY movie. 

I don't think Zygarde ever had a chance at getting a movie really, especially considering his connections to Xerneas and Yveltal. If anything, you think he'd have cameo'd in the Diancie movie.

I am a GIGANTIC nerd Pokemon fan. Eh, same thing, really. I have followed this series religiously for the past few years. And I can say with confidence about this.

The Pokemon anime is an advertisement for the games. Movies especially. They advertise upcoming or already-out games. And to do so they "reveal" (and by reveal, I mean showcase ones dataminers already found out ages ago) new Pokemon or new Pokemon forms. It's been a staple for years.

If a new game isn't coming out, it's mostly just filler to pad out while we wait for new games.

Mew's reveal in the first movie is an example. Plus all the new Pokemon in the movie and Pikachu shorts.

Lugia advertised GS, which came out the same year.

Celebi was revealed in movie 4. Pokemon Crystal came out the previous year and had the GS Ball event. In Japan, that is.

Latios and Latias were revealed in movie 5. Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire came out after the movie in the same year.

Jirachi was filler.

Deoxys was revealed in movie 7. FRLG came out earlier and had the Doexys event.

Movies 8 and 9 featured Lucario and Manaphy to advertise Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.

Darkrai was filler.

Origin Forme Giratina and Sky Forme Shaymin were in movie 11 and introduced in Platinum, which was out a few months after.

Arceus was for HGSS.

Zoroark and Zorua meant to advertise Black and White. Celebi was HGSS filler.

Victini was filler. (It should've been in the Zoroark movie.

Black and White Kyurem and Resoulte Form Keldeo were in movie 15 for B2W2.

Mega Mewtwo Y was in movie 16 to advertise XY.

Mega Diancie was in movie 17. ORAS debuted the form.

Hoopa gained a new forme in ORAS, Hoopa Unbound. But only Hoopa Confined's data exists in XY. If Z was meant to come out this year, Hoopa Unbound wouldn't be in ORAS. There might be data like how Kyurem had bits of data that confirmed it would get two formes later, but it wouldn't be available. It's basically this gen's filler advertisement.

2016 will most likely feature Zygarde as the star with Volcanion as a co-star. Presumably with a new form/Mega/whatever.

Pokemon isn't fully predictable, but it does follow a pattern of sorts.

I'm personally most excited to see Valerie, Ash barely battled any Fairy types except for that Sylpheon earlier which Froakie lost too.

Theirs also Goodra vs a very evil Florgres coming up too which I'm really pumped to see.  

my God that episode looks so cool

I might even watch the sub for that one.

Japanese news:

Bonnie could potentially be getting a temporary replacement VA later in the year, as Ise Mariya has announced she's expecting a child.

This isn't the first time a VA has taken a maternity leave: Jessie was briefly replaced by a new actress back in the AG series when her main one took a two month leave to have a child.

So they added the sixteenth movie to the UK version of Netflix recently. After watching it, I was incredibly surprised to find that this version kept the original Japanese ending theme!

The dub has it's own ending theme which I already heard in its TV airing, so I have no idea what that's about :P

Ohtani Ikue was away for a while around 2007 or so due to having a child. If I remember correctly, they just recycled Pikachu voice clips where they had to?

I know for some of her other roles (Chopper, Konohamaru) she was temporarily recast.

Can't wait for the Godra to make his gym debut. kreygasm.png

Goodra in a gym battle. That would be overkill, I think?

you know what, I'm not even gonna catch up first

I'm gonna watch this stupid gym battle, dang it

New movie's English title revealed.

But who cares about that.

Hoopa's voice is godawful. And I don't even hate the dub voices.

Like holy shit, there is no emotion whatsoever.

I'm fully expecting this to be a repeat of either Victini and Reshiram/Zekrom or Zoroark: Master of Illusions. The fact that Hoopa starts off as a friend and gets tortured by the villain is already making this movie incredibly predictable.

I haven't seen any movie since Genesect actually. I enjoyed that one, and heard Diancie was pretty good so I should probably give that one a watch before this one comes out.

Is anyone expecting Kyurem and Arceus to be the same ones from previous movies? I wonder if they'll still talk or be reduced to roaring.

Arceus should talk at least. I mean, he's a GOD. Makes perfect sense for him to have a speaking voice.

Then again this is the anime which does whatever the hell it wants with no consistency whatsoever. =P

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah I'm getting tired of these "talking via telepathy" Pokemon.

Arceus, and Mewtwo I can understand, but man the small legendaries are getting so freaking annoying.

• Thumbs Up 1

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I personally can't wait to watch it, though I agree on Hoopa's voice. Blegh.