Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

I know this isnt anime related but this guy's videos are pretty funny. He basically does voice overs to some of his pokemon dolls in a talk show format

There's a special event in June where you can download a Dragonite, of all things.

Chance Iris shows up then?

There's a special event in June where you can download a Dragonite, of all things.Chance Iris shows up then?

If she was, then the event would be in Japan, too.

Also, it's happening.

tumblr_nnz5gnBZob1tf388eo1_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

New happening after Goodra, ok sure. Its not like I wanna remember ;_;

OH SHEET:

275.gif

So crisp.

ASH MEETING ALAIN

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

ALSO THAT ANIMATION

Man I've been watching this show since I was born and it still manages to get me hyped. What's up with that? XP

ASH MEETING ALAINAAAAAAAAAAAAAALSO THAT ANIMATIONMan I've been watching this show since I was born and it still manages to get me hyped. What's up with that? XP

I'll admit that the pic is cool but nothing could top the japanese team galatic arc trailer. That sent chills down my spine

Too bad the actual arc was kinda shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year Viz started re-releasing their old DVD boxsets from the classic era, and the big difference this time around is that they've left out any episodes where Jynx appears. "Holiday Hi-Jynx" is removed from Indego League volume 3, and the recent re-release of the Orange Island arc has done away with "Stage Fight!" and "The Manderin Island Mis-Match".

Also the latter was removed very sloppily:

56U9jTM.jpg

(Note the massive gap on the list)

For "Holiday Hi-Jynx", why couldn't they just use the new edit they made for Pokemon Smash?

Too bad the actual arc was kinda shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it wasnt, Team Galactic was the only evil arc that had decent buildup and a conclusion. You want a shitty Team arc just look at Magma/Aqua

• Thumbs Up 1

No it wasnt, Team Galactic was the only evil arc that had decent buildup and a conclusion. You want a shitty Team arc just look at Magma/Aqua

Woah, I got them mixed up with Team Plasma.

Yeah, Team Plasma was handled horribly. 

After their original debut episodes got scrapped due to the earthquake at the time, they just kind of ignored them until after the Pokémon league and just got through all the actual plot in like 13 episodes.

Hopefully with Alain showing up it means Team Flare will finally get involved, although given his loyalty to Lysandre, it seems like he's likely to land on the rival/ villain side of the fence at some point.

If anyone's not seen it and wants to, the official Pokémon site is currently streaming Giratina and the Sky Warrior as part of the launch for the new TCG expansion, Roaring Skies.

(You probably shouldn't bother though, it's pretty terrible)

Also, it's happening.

tumblr_nnz5gnBZob1tf388eo1_1280.jpg

Oh shit its finally happening, Ash vs Alain is something Pokemon anime fans should be hyped for.

So Ash is meeting Alain. Should be interesting. 

What do you think the odds are of Ash bringing back his Charizard and giving us a Mega Charizard X vs Mega Charizard Y fight? I know he doesn't have a Charizardite Y yet, but it's exciting to think about.

So Ash is meeting Alain. Should be interesting. 

What do you think the odds are of Ash bringing back his Charizard and giving us a Mega Charizard X vs Mega Charizard Y fight? I know he doesn't have a Charizardite Y yet, but it's exciting to think about.

Does Alian have the y charizardite with him. Cuz if so who wants to bet that will happen

Yeah let's be honest here, Sinnoh did pretty much everything right, and it was also the closest the Anime has ever been to the Games, as the Sinnoh saga introduced pretty much every major character from the games from every Galactic Admin, to all the partner characters, to all of the Elite 4 with Cynthia appearing a lot. It also fleshed out the Gym leaders the most as well. The only thing missing was all of the Frontier Brains.

Unova however was terrible with this. I can understand the Team Plasma special being canceled due to a Earth Quake, but they put them in so damn late and they were rushed as well, not even involving the Seven sages nor the Shadow Triad, N too was introduced far too late. They didn't made Cheren one of Ash's Rivals, and even then Trip was handled so poorly compared to Paul and Gary/Blue/Green. The Gym Leaders were barely fleshed out also except for Sky and the Ice dude (forgot his name)which was rather sad and the Gym matches themselves felt a little bland except for maybe Roxie and Clay. Professor Juniper and Fennel didn't get fleshed out as much as I hoped, through Juniper senior seem to have gotten more love. 

But however, I will give props to Best Wishes for bringing back Dawn for a little bit and for making Team Rocket a actual threat to the point of Giovanni actually making a appearance.

Now for Kalos, too early for me to say, but so far the Gym Leaders have been getting fleshed out nicely, while a little more into the series they brought in the Rival trio. Through I'm a little ticked off that Syncamor's assistants Sina and Dexio haven't made any appearances whatsoever. I won't comment on Team Flare yet, cause it seems like they be making their mark soon, whether it be in Ash's or Alaine's story arcs, honestly I don't particularly care for them cause they were such jokers in the game, but I would like to see the 5 Scientist Admins at least.

Now then, bring me that Valerie Gym leader, she's the one I've been most looking forward too.

• Thumbs Up 2

I didn't mind the Plasma arc. It was the only entertaining thing in BW to me, TBH.

I'm hoping Team Flare shows up as well, and Ash will have to team up with Alain to beat them. Can you imagine how cool it'd be if Ash DID get Charizardite Y and his Mega Zard and Alain's Mega Zard started blowing up Team Flare's base or something? MANNN

Gonna be honest... am I the only one who finds this whole Ash meeting/battling Alain thing kinda meh?

Gonna be honest... am I the only one who finds this whole Ash meeting/battling Alain thing kinda meh?

Honestly, I don't know who I'd wanna root for in an Ash vs Alain fight.

On the one hand, Alain is competent and uses an awesome Mega-Evo.

On the other, Ash has more than one Pokemon, plus SOME semblance of a personality.

Sorry, possibility of Charizard X vs Y overrides any gripes I could have

I guess, but I just can't for the life of me seem to sum up the feelings to care about it though. :/

Honestly, I don't know who I'd wanna root for in an Ash vs Alain fight.

On the one hand, Alain is competent and uses an awesome Mega-Evo.

On the other, Ash has more than one Pokemon, plus SOME semblance of a personality.

The Goomy debut episode aired in the UK yesterday.

Goomy's dub voice.  :mellow:

A friend of mine said she'd actually watch the show if Alain were the main character. D:

I don't like him as much as Ash, but I'm not sure where the "he has no personality" thing comes from.