Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

I believe the English dub of origins will be out in the first week of November

XY Game content spoilers:

I'm very curious on the pacing for this series now. With the Kalos Dex supposedly only having around 75 new Pokemon - 25 less than Johto - there's likely not gonna be many episodes dedicated to maintaining status quo and showcasing a new Pokemon for a half hour.

A lot of XY is dedicated to bringing back focus to older Pokemon, thanks to Mega Evolutions and the number of those Pokemon in the Kalos Dex, so some things are gonna change, hopefully.

The first episode of the series already kicks things off with Mega Blaziken and Megaman's Zero over there, and a rampaging Garchomp of all things, so there's something new to be expected in this series. Will we be seeing a return of Ash's older Pokemon participating in battles and undergoing Mega Evolutions themselves? Will there be a much greater emphasis on Team Flare and Mega Evolutions, emphasis perhaps even greater than Team Galactic's? Will we be seeing more of Ash as a person and character rather than an avatar, thanks to Serena's supposed history with Ash, and will this fleshing out of his character lead to more human interactions with other people, perhaps to the point of bringing back many older main characters for a whirlwind of interactions and growth?

I'm anxious just thinking about it.

Edited by Joshua

Wouldn't be too hard to give Flare more emphasis than Galactic seeing how that team only got like 1/10 of screentime in the entire Sinnoh series.

You probably need dial back those expectations bro, lol.

I mean, im expecting more character development, plot, and competent!Ash to make a comeback but that's about it, everything else would just be icing on the cake.

The Mega Evolutions does make it possible for Ash's old Pokemon to return, most notably Charizard (and maybe Gible if it evolves), but im not holding my breath for that.

Wouldn't be too hard to give Flare more emphasis than Galactic seeing how that team only got like 1/10 of screentime in the entire Sinnoh series.

And yet until Team Plasma they were still handled the most competently, better than that embarrsing Team Aqua/Magma sideplot that's for sure.

Edited by SoniManbeast

Which baffles the fuck out of me.

Yeah this has me concern with the Kalos critters, but I guess that's when Mega Evolutions come into play. This is also a chance to give Team Flare a more overall larger role than the past region teams.

Hmm, Aside from Pkachu, Froakie and Fletchling, kinda hoping for Pancham in Ash's roster. He could possibly get Litleo as his main Fire Type and Chespin seems kinda obvious unless Clemont get's it instead, otherwise  see him getting Skiddo. Charizard is pretty much a shoe-in for a Mega Evlution, through I hope it's the Y form, don't need him copying Red.

Also theirs the possibility of him getting more than six Pokemon like in Unova.

Does Ash really catch a Fletching? Because it looked like Serena had one in one of the trailers.

Does Ash really catch a Fletching? Because it looked like Serena had one in one of the trailers.

But Ash always catches the regional bird, why break tradition now.

The latest trailer showed Ash battling Viola and with a Fletchling, through it's unknown when/how he get's it.

It's possible Serena may have lent him her Fletchling, but again I ain't 100% sure.

EDIT: It's not Serena's Fletchling, she hasn't even joined Ash yet according to Serebii and some scans they found.

813143793.jpg?1380968463

Serena actually is just starting her journey in the 4th episode, I would assume she'll join with Ash's group sometime after the Gym.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Pikachu is the fucking cutest thing ever my GOSH.

I would be totally hyped for this if the Pokemon anime actually did it for me past the Hoenn arc. But I'll check this out to see if it took any queues from Origins 

Here kids, have the XY Opening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zH6ZF9Wt6M

Pikachu making Pangoro his bitch? Lots of cute interactions between the group members? Oh yeah, I think im gonna like this...

fucking Team Rocket, go back to being cool

So by the looks of things. Ash won't get all the starters this time around. and I think it is also safe to say this. ASH WILL FINALLY GET A FULLY EVOVLED WATER STARTER.

I've watched this three times now and I still can't get over Pikachu...kissing the camera at the beginning?? Is that what he's doing? I don't care because it's freaking adorable.

I guess Dedenne will be travelling with the group, unless it's randomly featured in the opening. Doesn't bother me (I'm biased towards Electric types D;) but I have to admit it's a bit redundant with Pikachu around. Ehh.

Also since the TRio take control of the Garchomp (or at least throw it on a rampage), I think they'll have their B&W badassery while regaining their goofiness to an extent. If it's handled well it could be a nice balance, and to be honest, that's what I've wanted to see for them since the beginning of B&W. I'll wait and see before making any real judgments, but for now I'm actually pretty hopeful for their portrayal.

tumblr_mugzhbqJi71rj4z3ho1_500.jpg

I guess this is the obligatory Pikachu de-powering/Ash losing to a fresh trainer scene?

no no no no not this shit again no goddamn it

• Thumbs Up 1

I want to be more positive and say that this is after that Mega Blaziken scene where Pikachu gets fucked up pretty bad iirc...but I know better.

Edited by SoniManbeast

I want to be more positive and say that this is after that Mega Blaziken scene where Pikachu gets fucked up pretty bad iirc...but I know better.

Come on, Soniman.

Pikachu will destroy Mega Blaziken.

Then get clobbered by a Froakie.

I hope it's against a Mega form at LEAST. Maybe even the Garchomp?

Still, it's not like Pikachu (and most Electric types) are known for their defensive ability. I speak from experience that they can do awesomely with enough setup, but they still go down pretty easy. Even Raichu has pretty pathetic defense...sometimes wish Game Freak would be willing to change base stats, but that's not gonna happen, lawl

Watch TPCi make one of their usual slow, bland, "adventure, best friends, yay!" openings. :|

Seriously, it feels like there hasn't been a Pokémon opening since 4kids that's had actual energy to it. Their openings all were about being the best and equally cheesy, yes, but they were fun. TPCi openings seem to follow a pattern of slow duet about friendship and new adventures. Blegh.

That being said, that Japanese OP was cute. Now let's hope they let Froakie evolve.

• Thumbs Up 3

I guess we'll find out if you're right when they air the sneak peak of the first two episodes next week in English.

Edited by SoniManbeast

BV0ELUwCEAA4Ty2.png

bgClose.jpg

Certainly didn't take long for a movie teaser to come out. With any luck, Xerneas and Yveltal will stick around for the next few movies like Dialga did.

Also, that group shot of Pokemon. Very likely they'll all be divided amongst the main cast members.

Yeah I can see Serena getting Flabebe, Vivian and other cutesy/girly pokemon.

I can definately see Ash with Litleo and Pancham, we already know he gets Froakie and the bird

Clemont seems to be getting Chespin possibly in the near future.

However Kalos ain't all about New Pokemon, a shit ton of oldies are here as well, as well as their possible Mega forms.

If you dont want to wait until Friday to get a look at XY, here's a preview of what to expect

>Holy shit the animation is really good

>classic music and from what I heard great remixes as well

>Ash gushing over Clemont's creations ala Luffy and Franky

Also, Pikachu being all battered wasnt from a depowering or Ash losing to a new trainer, it was from a badass Team Rocket using their Wobufett correctly. I may have hope, yet.

Edited by SoniManbeast
  • Thumbs Up 5