Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Hate to point out the elephant in the room but...

Why is Giovanni boxing a Chansey?

Random Team Rocket dreamspot/scheme?

Hmmmm. If japan gets the new season next month then I'd assume the US would get it around December. I mean we are like 3 months behind them in the anime. I think.....

For reference, when the first episode of BW came to Japan it was mid September, when did the US get it? In Mid February, about 6 months later.

It's gonna be a looooong wait.

Edited by Soniman

True. Now that I think about it, the returning episode of Charizard in BW was back in march for Japan. We didn't get it in the US until August.....ish. Sooo XY wont hit the US until probably Feb at the earliest. Lame.

It was actually early June when we got the Charizard comeback episode, and we ARE getting a sneak peak at two of the first XY episodes dubbed in October, so who knows, maybe we'll get it earlier.

The dub has been catching up to the raw version. It used to take over a year after it was shown in Japan for the episode to be shown in the states. Now it takes half that, if that.

Makes sense though, since TPCI is all things Pokemon, while 4Kids had other animes they were juggling with.

Summary of the Brock/Cilan special.

www.dotup.org4524992.jpg

"Dent is enjoying fishing in a lake in the Jouto Region when he reels in a Gyarados. He ends up having to take his Yanapp to a Pokemon Center after the Gyarados he fails to capture damages his pokemon with a Flamethrower attack."

Well, so much for Misty's development as a Water Pokemon Master. Now any run of the mill wild Gyarados can learn the damn Flamethrower attack.

Also, why is everyone in Johto? May went to go to Pokemon Contests in Johto, Dawn went to the Wallace Cup there, Iris is in Blackthorn City, Cilan's in some random route, and Brock is there too.

The secret plot to the anime is to have everyone converge towards Johto for a final arc against Team Rocket, isn't it?

Edited by Joshua

Summary of the Brock/Cilan special.

www.dotup.org4524992.jpg

"Dent is enjoying fishing in a lake in the Jouto Region when he reels in a Gyarados. He ends up having to take his Yanapp to a Pokemon Center after the Gyarados he fails to capture damages his pokemon with a Flamethrower attack."

Well, so much for Misty's development as a Water Pokemon Master. Now any run of the mill wild Gyarados can learn the damn Flamethrower attack.

Also, why is everyone in Johto? May went to go to Pokemon Contests in Johto, Dawn went to the Wallace Cup there, Iris is in Blackthorn City, Cilan's in some random route, and Brock is there too.

The secret plot to the anime is to have everyone converge towards Johto for a final arc against Team Rocket, isn't it?

Johto is considered by some the land of no return. So May, Dawn, Iris, and Cilan will probably not return. Brock may be the only one to escape that fate though.

It was actually early June when we got the Charizard comeback episode, and we ARE getting a sneak peak at two of the first XY episodes dubbed in October, so who knows, maybe we'll get it earlier.

We also got a sneak peak of the first two episodes of Pokemon Advanced quite a bit before they actually premiered, though I can't remember how big the gap was, but I do remember wondering where Misty and Brock went while watching it.

We also got a sneak peak of the first two episodes of Pokemon Advanced quite a bit before they actually premiered, though I can't remember how big the gap was, but I do remember wondering where Misty and Brock went while watching it.

I think the advanced episodes aired on the gangs journey to Blackthorn City

tumblr_mtqbryBCos1r8sc3ro1_1280.jpg

Ash and all his caught Pokemon so far.

????

Where's Kingler?!

EDIT: Never mind, I see himtongue.png

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Oh yeah, their is 100% no timeskip involved from Unova to Kalos, in case anyone was still in dillusion that happens.

Ash goes directly to Kalos with Alexa right after this. And as usual, Ash's mom already has Ash's new wardrobe for him. She can freaking read minds man.

tumblr_mtqbqhah541s3at53o9_r1_1280.jpg

The scene before this is a little sad for her too, cause she looked mega depressed, even made me a little depressed seeing her like that, but she knew that Ash was gonna jet out as soon as he got home for like one day.

Such is the fate of nearly all the moms in the Pokemon games, has Red bother to call his mom standing on top of that ice cold mountain with that blank look in his face? 

Edited by Dantemustdie00

tumblr_mtqbryBCos1r8sc3ro1_1280.jpg

Ash and all his caught Pokemon so far.

Because fuck you Squirtle..

It's a great picture regardless, I love how Tododile and Gible are having a jaw contest XD

Also, good to know there's no "timeskip" this time, no time for him to get shitty again..

Also hey, now we finally know where Gliscor is.

tumblr_mtqa7ci2EX1s3at53o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtqa7ci2EX1s3at53o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtqa7ci2EX1s3at53o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtqa7ci2EX1s3at53o6_1280.jpgtumblr_mtqa7ci2EX1s3at53o7_1280.jpgtumblr_mtqa7ci2EX1s3at53o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtqa7ci2EX1s3at53o9_1280.jpg

The nostalgia and the feels!!

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 4

Why is Misty the only one that has a current outfit that reverted back to her original outfit? Is it because that current outfit didn't originate from the games? That doesn't explain Brock tho.

I know it shouldn't be that big of a deal, but that's just gonna aggravate me. :V

Her current outfit should've been the one seen in Advance Generations, or maybe her Heartgold/SoulSilver look, I've dying to see her with her hair like that.

Also, apparently Tracey is not in the final episode because he's gone off to see Misty (something he done fairly often in Chronicles), so take that as you will.

• Thumbs Up 1