Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

W-wait....they regressed him back into the Top 8 again!?!?

I guess I was wrong in thinking Ash was getting steadily better, I mean seriously why the fucking shit would you do that? Ash regressing in his League placings says a lot about what BW seems to have done his character as a whole. Why the fuck do the writers hate the idea of Ash (or in fact, ANY goddamn character that participates in a serious event) ever winning anything in his fucking life?

This is pissing me off far more than Tobias ever did, seriously this is just fucking awful, and it's something that really fucking kills my enjoyment of this show, christ.

Edited by Soniman

I guess I was wrong in thinking Ash was getting steadily better, I mean seriously why the fucking shit would you do that? Ash regressing in his League placings says a lot about what BW seems to have done his character as a whole. Why the fuck do the writers hate the idea of Ash (or in fact, ANY goddamn character that participates in a serious event) ever winning anything in his fucking life?

Because he needs to be "inspired" to go to the next region.

Seriously, it wouldn't even be so bad if he at least made it to the finals, and fought a competent trainer. This is just...ugh; he goes from losing to a Hax trainer to losing to a dumbass trainer. Makes me wonder who they're going to contrive to beat Ash next league.

Because he needs to be "inspired" to go to the next region.

Seriously, it wouldn't even be so bad if he at least made it to the finals, and fought a competent trainer. This is just...ugh; he goes from losing to a Hax trainer to losing to a dumbass trainer. Makes me wonder who they're going to contrive to beat Ash next league.

A little girl who just got her starter and some other route 1 Pokémon.

He lost AGAIN? Ugh...

I wish he would win ONE league. Heck, I wouldn't mind if he won a league and then lost to the Elite Four. At least it would have been something. =\

Defeating N or Ghetsis would be a greater accomplishment than any Unova League victory.

Doubly so if Vergil or Koetsu make appearances in the N arc, only to get curb-stomped by either of them. I hope that turns out to be the case.

So, how bout that Genesect movie?

Y'know, the one with TWO despite there being only ONE in the games...

Well, there's FIVE of them. FIVE.

Their names are Thay, Sec, Jast, Caan and... Phil.

corocoro1133.jpg

Oh well, at least Genesect being evil seems more likely now...

Edited by Spin Attaxx

All I care about is Charizard because he is my favorite and he hasn't shown his face in ages.

This is good and I want more of him.

• Thumbs Up 2

Real talk, do you think Ash should be replaced? If so who would you replace him with?

Personally id go with..

Jimmy_(1).jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Real talk, do you think Ash should be replaced? If so who would you replace him with?

Personally id go with..

Jimmy_(1).jpg

Make an anime counterpart for Leaf and we are ready to good.

• Thumbs Up 2

How bout a player character of the gen? I'd think it would be interesting if May/Dawn were the main protagonists of their generations. And I'd rather see a Level 5 Pokémon get owned by a Level 5 Snivy instead of the ownee being a Pikachu who has gone to several regions and can go toe-to-toe with a friggin' Regice.

You what? Why don't we get a spin off show that focuses on the characters Ash left behind (Misty, May, Dawn)

I mean, Pokemon Chronicles kind of did that before it was cancelled (is it still a thing in Japan) but I would like to see it made into a full blown series.

• Thumbs Up 1

You what? Why don't we get a spin off show that focuses on the characters Ash left behind (Misty, May, Dawn)

I mean, Pokemon Chronicles kind of did that before it was cancelled (is it still a thing in Japan) but I would like to see it made into a full blown series.

Producers said that as long as games are selling, Ash will forever be the protagonist we have to follow. Doesn't really matter, at this point he's really just an Artifact.

On an unrelated note...this morning's Pokemon was pretty lulzy; Christina Vee(probably most famous for voicing Noel Vermillion from the Blazblue series) voiced the character of the day this time, which made this episode pretty lulzy.

I haven't followed the series since Johto started but it still annoys me whenever I hear that, not only does he lose, but fails to call upon his old powerhouses when he needs them most. Couldn't he just win one league, then get all cocky and let a new rival (or maybe Team Whatever) take him down a peg or too soon after (kind of like how Gary beat him after the Orange League)?

I haven't followed the series since Johto started but it still annoys me whenever I hear that, not only does he lose, but fails to call upon his old powerhouses when he needs them most. Couldn't he just win one league, then get all cocky and let a new rival (or maybe Team Whatever) take him down a peg or too soon after (kind of like how Gary beat him after the Orange League)?

No because then that would require the writers to give Ash some character development, and they're vehemently against that.

You notice how whenever Ash uses only his region team he gets held back, but when he actually bothers to use all of his reserves he actually manages to get a good placing (Sinnoh, and Johto when compared to how huge of a leap it was compared to Kanto).

• Thumbs Up 1

Soniman, have you watched Mewtwo Returns at all? I'm curious to know everyone's opnion on it.

Yeah I did, it was okay I guess. I enjoyed the fact that Ash and company finally have a chance to meet Giovanni closest thing the series had to a overall big bad....

But what the hell was up with Mewtwo and the clones? I thought at the end of the first movie Mewtwo was over his clone depression and accepted that all Pokemon were born the same and they are all equal.....

But in this movie, he goes on and on about how clones are freaks of nature and they should remain isolated from the rest of the world. Did the writers just forget all the lessons he learned? I found that really stupid and detrimental to Mewtwo's character having to "re-learn" the lesson he learned in the first movie.

Edited by Soniman

I haven't kept up with the anime in years...

Suddenly I'm inspired to. All because of Charizard. WELP, they know how to appeal to nostalgia. Helps that the OP is completely awesome as well.

Edited by Mega

I think the way Charizard was shown just makes it sweeter.

The sudden Big Damn Heroes moment when he countered Reshiram's Blue Flare, Ash looking up with utter shock and disbelief, Charizard looking back with a confident smirk that would put Sonic to shame, and then Charizard looking back at Reshiram, firing another Flamethrower at him. The music playing that moment ("Let a lot of arrows shine!") helps a ton as well.

Had Charizard just shown up in a stock pose like a slew of characters in DP's High Touch! opening did, I wouldn't be as impressed. But this took it to a new level.

Edited by Obnoxious Celtic Guardian

Charizard will also.

Share huge amounts of camaraderie with Iris' Dragonite, becoming dragon brothers in ass kicking. And considering how tough and crazy Iris' Dragonite is, this just makes it all the sweeter.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Charizard will also.

Share huge amounts of camaraderie with Iris' Dragonite, becoming dragon brothers in ass kicking. And considering how tough and crazy Iris' Dragonite is, this just makes it all the sweeter.

Watch them develop some bit of rivalry before their inevitable, and badass team up.

The ending depicts them arms-over-shoulders as if they were merrily chanting a drinking song after a bar night. Something tells me that a rivalry isn't going to come to fruition.

Edited by Obnoxious Celtic Guardian