Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Now that I think about it, all of the Pokémon movies thus far are mediocre at best. The first one is my favorite based on nostalgia factor alone - if not for that, I wouldn't have a favorite.

*shrug*

I actually think Heroes, Destiny Deoxsys, Manaphy, and especially Lucario are actually genuinely good movies but whatever.

I also really really loved Pokemon 3 and 2000, but a lot of that is nostalgia, though even then I don't think there bad movies either.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the problem with the movies is that they tend to be pretty formulaic; new legendary Pokemon shows up, villain may or may not want it's power, Ash & co stop villain while bonding  with said legendary, and then heartwarming farewell. That's almost every movie in a nutshell barring a few exceptions.

One problem with that: Mewtwo actually predates Shadow by a couple years.

That's not problem, I'm not accusing Mewtwo of being a copy, just saying I prefer Shadow who has the same archetype.

Edited by Mysterics

For many years I always thought that Cradily's eyes where those spots on its head and that the actual eyes where teeth.

4OLUeGZ.png

Oh my God!.. You've opened my eyes!

As for Keldeo movies..I didn't really like it. Toooo cheesy and too simple story with nothing more.

I loved how the first few movies looked much more mature and with more developed stories and characters and the tone wasn't as incredibly lighthearted and cheesy as it is now. Those movies had balance.

It's very interesting how games, cartoons etc had much more dark elements and serious themes (sometimes characters would even die like the girl in the first movie or the researchers (left behind the scene but still)).

• 2 weeks later...

So the Charizard episode is set to air on the 7th. All good.

Just so happens that Yuji Ueda and Mayumi Iizuka are both in the seiyuu list for the episode.

Sooo Brock gets his first speaking role in 3 years, and Misty gets hers after nearly 8. This Kanto festival episode is really piling the nostalgia on.

Edited by Gregor

My favourite Pokemon films are Power of One (LUGIA <3) and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, but I have to agree that each film follows the same basic premise. I haven't seen Keldeo yet so I can't comment on that.

For many years I always thought that Cradily's eyes where those spots on its head and that the actual eyes where teeth.

4OLUeGZ.png

Whuuut? Now it looks like a green Metaknight head with tentacles. Cannot unsee!

Edited by Gabz Girl

Okay so in D&P there was a Johto Festival epsiode (qhich was obviously made to promote Heart Gold and Soul Silver) and here we get a Kanto Festival episode....

Where's my Hoenn Festival episode!? This isn't fair T_T

Okay so in D&P there was a Johto Festival epsiode (qhich was obviously made to promote Heart Gold and Soul Silver) and here we get a Kanto Festival episode....

Where's my Hoenn Festival episode!? This isn't fair T_T

Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen remakes confirmed!

Does anybody know why the Pokemon anime series have never been released on DVD in the UK? Seems strange, i'm sure people would but it.

Anyway been watching the first series this week, Gotta love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFiArcht-yY

So, I think the way they're drawing Charizard is kinda wonky compared to Gen 1, admittedly. Wish they hadn't made his face look so... strange.

But yay, Charizard.

Everything looks wonky. They should have had one of their better animators do this one.

Ya'll they'd be bros, ya'll said they'd get along. Well fuck you guys, I was right, they're gonna fight each other.

Ya'll they'd be bros, ya'll said they'd get along. Well fuck you guys, I was right, they're gonna fight each other.

B-b-but...

ZyDbYAY.png

• Thumbs Up 3

You're not hearing what they're saying:

Dragonite: Hahaha, you smugsonovabitchillkillyou!

Charizard: OH GOD MY NECK

• Thumbs Up 2

Uhh, well guess what happens after that man?

As TSMP shown, friendships always start with hatred, just look at Sonic and Knuckles.

Edited by Soniman

That's not the point tho, ya'll said they'd be instant BFF's but you were WROONG. Don't take this from me>=

Dragonite will not like Charizard's breath.

Get it? Cause Charizard knows Dragonbreath.

...Oh fucking forget it.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET
  • Thumbs Up 1

I found something really sweet in an article about Megumi Hayashibara who plays Musashi (Japanese version of Jessie).

Hayashibara says her daughter is a big fan of the Pokemon anime series, but has yet to fully grasp that her mom voices one of the main characters. "She's pointed out that my voice sounds a lot like that of [Pokemon character] Musashi," chortles Hayashibara. "I think it's a bit like the Santa Claus myth; kids should find out certain things by themselves in the fullness of time, rather than an adult having to tell them about it."

T...they went back and gave Ash brown eyes?

THEY SOILED IT!!!

RUINED FOREVER!!!!11

• Thumbs Up 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFiArcht-yY

So, I think the way they're drawing Charizard is kinda wonky compared to Gen 1, admittedly. Wish they hadn't made his face look so... strange.

But yay, Charizard.

I agree. The animators should really do a better job on Charizard.

Also, Mewtwo making a return for 16th movie is welcoming news to me.I wonder if Dan Green is going to reprise his role as Mewtwo in the dub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVUdKaPvFIk&feature=player_embedded

Flashbacks of Charmander's capture and Charizard staying behind at the valley, in glorious new-age animation.

Seeing how well those were drawn makes me really wish for a rework of the older seasons now.

>Those beginning scenes of the presenters dicking around

This show is amazing