Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

529789_475131982554387_1393876264_n.jpg

I love this.

It's just. blargh, my soul burns with nostalgic feelings and fuzzyness and I have the dumbest grin on my face that won't go away and just, just...

tumblr_makyze7EbU1qho4p4.gif

Can we just, can we get like a Pokemon "Brotherhood" remake of season 1 or something?!

• Thumbs Up 6

529789_475131982554387_1393876264_n.jpg

My inner child squealed when I saw this. All we need now is the English dub for this season is to have the season 1 pokemon theme as its theme song.

If you thought my last picture was nostalgia-inducing... Then get a load of this:

481193_10151273043447750_902185738_n.jpg

(I actually saw this in low quality earlier but low quality is lame.)

• Thumbs Up 7

Omg this is amazing! Flashbacks in new animation style! I feel oh so very nostalgic like you wouldn't believe..!

My inner child squealed when I saw this. All we need now is the English dub for this season is to have the season 1 pokemon theme as its theme song.

But it won't be Veronica Taylor...

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh god Smash shows why cosplaying as Genesect is fuck ugly.

I would also like a redone original series.

Question though, does 4Kids still own the rights to the original theme song, even if they did go bankrupt and die off?

I don't know about that.

We might have a Saturn ring come out whenever Team Rocket blasts off. And there'd be more Spearows in the first episode. And the scientists who created Mewtwo will have shot first.

So basically, fans would complain about their childhood being killed or whatever.

Meh, screw 'em, I'd love to see the first series remade. >:U And not just to see it all in the current animation quality. Maybe they could fix a few of the issues the original dub had regarding moves, type effectiveness stuff, etc. Speaking of which, I find it funny that Onix being weak to Pikachu's Thundershock after being sprayed by the sprinklers was sorta' a preview of the Gen V move Soak ...

Question though, does 4Kids still own the rights to the original theme song, even if they did go bankrupt and die off?

4Kids gave up the rights to the theme songs the same time they gave up the rights to every episode they dubbed.

So I've tried watching some B&W dubbed, and can I just say that a lot of the dialogue is really flat? :/ I don't know if it's the voice acting or the direction or the writing, but Cilan especially comes off as 'meh,' and I'm sure Jason is doing his best. He's done good work as Sonic! Maybe it's just the fact that a lot of his dialogue is based around food puns.

Watching some OS after it was surreal because I feel like the voice actors for the 4kids dub just had a lot more fun with it, and even if the writing was corny, it didn't come across as flat under most circumstances.

Edited by Mega

Black & White bored me honestly. Its like, I was really into it and then it just died. Gen 5 is boring you.

Not sur if you mean the games or the anime

As for the anime, I like it enough. All of Ash' gym battles have been nicely spaced between eachother and fun to wath (except for the Elesa Gym battle which ranks up there with one of the worst moments of the series). And i just especially enjoy how bright and vibrant the anime looks, much more than D&P.

Dialogue? Well it's Pokemon so you can never expect to much but in the case of Cilian, I really enjoy his character.

Edited by Soniman

Oh, I mean the anime.

It might just be that I'm watching the wrong episodes or the fact that I'm watching them at random rather than in order means I'm missing a lot of the really good characterization. I do like that Iris has this grumpy jerk of a Dragonite, though.

I feel like I'm the only one who prefers Sarah's current acting to Veronica's later acting in Hoenn where Ash pretty much just sounded like "May with rasp" to me.

I feel like I'm the only one who prefers Sarah's current acting to Veronica's later acting in Hoenn where Ash pretty much just sounded like "May with rasp" to me.

Really? I never thought that with Vernoica's tenure as Ash.

Even so, she's still better than early Sarah.

Infinitely better than early Sarah, but these days Sarah gives Ash a level of energy that reminds me of the early seasons, and I like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

She's definitely gotten better with age, and I can finally call her a worthy successor. But still, apart of me misses Veronica Taylor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Omg this is amazing! Flashbacks in new animation style! I feel oh so very nostalgic like you wouldn't believe..!

My thoughts exactly! Now I'm in the mood to go back and watch some of the classic episodes!

That probably had to do with where the writers wanted to take Ash's character during those sagas. In AG, where he had no rivals, and had a student to teach, Ash needed to adopt a calmer, more collected persona to better reflect his position. And such a position doesn't make much room for character dynamics that Kanto/Johto Ash had.

Fast forward to DP, where Ash has a comrade who already has an idea of what to do with her life, and a rival who irritates the hell out of him. Ash now has circumstances where he can break out his shell again.

And then BW just brought him back to square one so he emulates his Kanto self again.

I just call it an unfortunate way to end for Veronica, and a fortuitous start for Sarah.

I don't hate Sarah, and I actually think her tone of voice is similar to the Japanese va with how sharp and piercing it can sound at times, (in a good way,) but my main thing with her is that alot of her line deliveries sound forced compared to how natural Veronica sounded, even after she stopped trying to imitate Veronica and started putting her own spin on the voice. This also goes for alot of the original roles that were replaced imo, not just Ash. Not trying to start a VA debate though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I don't think taking Ash in a more mature, subtle direction of seasoned trainer was a bad way to end Veronica's tenure. I guess some see it that way due to her energetic voice trying to play a more toned down performance.

Edited by Soniman

On a side note:

481193_10151273043447750_902185738_n.jpg

Just seeing such an old moment in the current full HD animation style really helps me to look past the "time passing" thing. Despite these events happening years ago in our time; Looking at this image makes it actually feel like the events of Kanto were literally just a few months ago in the Pokemon anime universe, which is probably what the writers are always trying to convey, even though it's hard at times for us to accept as the viewers.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

I just really have trouble beliving that a ten year old boy can walk across 5 regions in less than a year.

Edited by Soniman