Awoo.

Stop Online Piracy Act & Protect IP Act

Mega

HAHAHAHA. LOL. The ESA so happens to pull support from the bill when the bill is dead and isn't going nowhere at present. Too late. You should have gone against it from the start.

Anyway we celebrate now, but you guys must have missed this part on the article:

Lamar Smith, the chief sponsor of SOPA, said on Friday that he is pulling the bill “until there is wider agreement on a solution.”

And that can happen any time, any moment. If Lamar's so determined to get this bill back on track (which he is), the bill *will* return.

It's unlikely this year now that it will return, but next year BIG chance. I think Lamar knows that Obama and the White House won't help him out as this is election year.

Bottom line is, SOPA and PIPA are dead, but not like "dead dead" but "zombie dead". These bills will raise from their graves. It's a victory to freedom internet until the bills come back.

Edited by Spice on the Starlight

Fox News is defending SOPA:

http://www.foxnews.c...uth-about-sopa/

*sigh* Faux News and Lamar Smith strike again with its pro-SOPA bullshit. I couldn't read more than four paragraphs of this lying drivel.

Now I must go out and find my brain cells that ran away as I read this "article"…

Edited by Dark Qiviut

About megaupload... I doubt this was a sudden decision. Chances are they were investigating the site for a good while and just couldn't do anything until recently. The timing might be intentional, or it could just be an insane coincidence. Either way, I don't like it.

Ah yes, Sweden already has that. As expected it has had zero documentable effect on crime prevention. Norway is currently getting same in the form of the Data Storage Directive.

I am displeased with the development.

I wonder if I could enforce a tyrannical regime of wanton destruction and slavery buy submitting a "Save Dolphins And Babies From Pedophile Pirate Terorists Act"

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want a few laughs, here's a few highlighting the utter stupidity of SOPA/PIPA's supporters and the MPAA practically admitting that they're practically bribing politicians:

SOPA/PIPA Supporters Pretend White House Statement Means We Can Rush Through SOPA/PIPA

Hollywood Studio Execs Upset That President Obama Didn't Stay Bought; Insist They Won't Donate More

MPAA Directly & Publicly Threatens Politicians Who Aren't Corrupt Enough To Stay Bought

• Thumbs Up 1

HAHAHAHA. LOL. The ESA so happens to pull support from the bill when the bill is dead and isn't going nowhere at present. Too late. You should have gone against it from the start.

It's never too late to back down on a principle. Tons of people are still for that bill to see the light of day and just because it's been shelved doesn't mean people aren't for it. The reason for the blackout and protests was to make congressmen and supporters change their mind; why single out ESA as unforgivable?

Lest we forget that the community

It doesn't matter if it was later or sooner, it matters.
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's never too late to back down on a principle. Tons of people are still for that bill to see the light of day and just because it's been shelved doesn't mean people aren't for it. The reason for the blackout and protests was to make congressmen and supporters change their mind; why single out ESA as unforgivable?

Lest we forget that the community

It doesn't matter if it was later or sooner, it matters.

Ehhh, I didn't single out ESA. Basically anybody who thought in the first place that SOPA/PIPA is the best thing since sliced bread are downright stupid. I wouldn't say they are "unforgivable", but I find it hilarious that they backed out from the bill after the bill is dead. If it was going somewhere, I bet they will still be a supporter.

But nevermind that now, SOPA/PIPA is in a zombie dead state. That's the good news.

I wonder how the Americans are going to react to ACTA? Will this involve the UK too?

Well since ACTA is focused for the European Union countries, and the UK is *in* the European Union, yes the UK will be involved.

I wonder how the Americans are going to react to ACTA?

They probably won't; we Americans tend to ignore the affairs of countries we aren't bombing, threatened to be bombed by, or adjacent to.

jk... sorta.

Edited by SuperStingray

SOPA is dead? Now this is some excellent news to wake up to!

Edit: Until I found out about this ACTA bill. Damn it.

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny

This shit is just irritating and guess what? It's never going to stop.

Bills like these are going to keep coming up until there's something to stop them. I'm a firm believer that what my country needs is a Digital Bill of Rights.

• Thumbs Up 1

SOPA is dead? Now this is some excellent news to wake up to!

Edit: Until I found out about this ACTA bill. Damn it.

But that's what makes it worse. It's not a bill. It's an international treaty that is being negotiated by the governments, and no amount of protests and reason can change it.

Fuck. Why do the world leaders want to ruin the Internet?

Have you ever became a bad guy? Try it for once and see how fun it is to ruin people's enjoyment. I will feel sorry for the EU countries if ACTA gets a green light. it's basically over for them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder how the Americans are going to react to ACTA? Will this involve the UK too?

I hear ACTA is WORLDWIDE!