Awoo.

Stop Online Piracy Act & Protect IP Act

Mega

Calm down everyone.

My god, yes SOPA and PIPA are getting reformatted, so what? These bills needed to be reformatted, and that's a good thing. As it is now we just have to wait for the revisions. Then we can see if it is time to panic again. I for one have nothing against the ideal of the bill, (the stop of piracy and all). We already have a system meant to do that, even if it is ineffectual in every sense of the word (DMCA). We haven't even gone far with this and people are waving their arms in fear.

Also, OPEN actually seems to be a bill in fair debate. It doesn't seem to be ready yet, and the community discussing it are all in similar agreement as us. I really suggest you take a look at the bill and let your opinion form from it and the community discussion, as that article seems to be doing is just making us scream in fear. http://www.keepthewebopen.com/

To be honest, I think what worries me most about all of this, is that if these pass, people might eventually accept it as normal.

• Thumbs Up 6

Calm down everyone.

My god, yes SOPA and PIPA are getting reformatted, so what? These bills needed to be reformatted, and that's a good thing. As it is now we just have to wait for the revisions. Then we can see if it is time to panic again. I for one have nothing against the ideal of the bill, (the stop of piracy and all). We already have a system meant to do that, even if it is ineffectual in every sense of the word (DMCA). We haven't even gone far with this and people are waving their arms in fear.

Also, OPEN actually seems to be a bill in fair debate. It doesn't seem to be ready yet, and the community discussing it are all in similar agreement as us. I really suggest you take a look at the bill and let your opinion form from it and the community discussion, as that article seems to be doing is just making us scream in fear. http://www.keepthewebopen.com/

Can you honestly say with a straight face that these "revisions" will be beneficial? I honestly can't see that happening.

Can you honestly say with a straight face that these "revisions" will be beneficial? I honestly can't see that happening.

Of course the answer is yes and no. After the major outcry of the first bill that needed to be revised multiple times, I doubt Govt. are going to pull as many strings as they did before, because they know that we'll know, and we'll be pissed. Of course, not all the revisions can be good, but what matters is that the ones that do the most impact are the good ones, and those are in the majority. Besides, even if this is going to turn bad, you still don't know that yet, so keep a level head before yours swells from fear.

• Thumbs Up 1

Blur is the voice of reason we should be paying a bit of attention to right now. It was obvious these bills weren't dead but, just because they're not doesn't mean they're going to ruin everything still. They'll very much likely be locked up in rewrites for quite a long time, possibly emerging as completely useless bills. As it stands, the threatening part of the bills is the thing President Obama will NOT sign off for, so keeping that in the rewrites will still result in a veto.

Of course the answer is yes and no. After the major outcry of the first bill that needed to be revised multiple times, I doubt Govt. are going to pull as many strings as they did before, because they know that we'll know, and we'll be pissed. Of course, not all the revisions can be good, but what matters is that the ones that do the most impact are the good ones, and those are in the majority. Besides, even if this is going to turn bad, you still don't know that yet, so keep a level head before yours swells from fear.

True.

Though I'm more annoyed than afraid.

True.

Though I'm more annoyed than afraid.

Annoyance, fear, it doesn't matter. What matters is that these posts of doom, gloom, and anger are not getting us any further and only factors in raising blood pressure beyond normal levels. Heavy analysis that doesn't come from news articles, and extreme fear mongers is what we need right now.

Edit: That came out wrong. What I mean to say is to just be patient and calm yourselves before moving to drastic thinking.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Dear heavens, get a grip man before you lose yourself! This is no time for panicking this is a time for waiting with a level mind. If you fall into such fearful despair then the, "evil corporate mind" has already won. Try taking a break and clear up your mind before it gets worse for you.

Yeah, I think we need calm down a bit, especially me it doesn't do my mood any good.sleep.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man, I just found this from another forum.

A new internet bill is coming into effect.

Entitled “Personal Insurance of Special Security”, the title hides the true horrible nature of this bill.

Here’s a list of what this bill will allow the government to do:

Enable any webcams installed on computers to monitor you directly.

Track any and all purchases, including any information and store it without your knowledge.

Report any and all web activity to your local police if you have suspicious searches.

Allow a scan of your computer for any illegal material at all times.

If illegal materials are found, you could end up EXECUTED.

Please spread the word about this horrible bill and stop P.I.S.S.

Oh man, I just found this from another forum.

A new internet bill is coming into effect.

Entitled “Personal Insurance of Special Security”, the title hides the true horrible nature of this bill.

Here’s a list of what this bill will allow the government to do:

Enable any webcams installed on computers to monitor you directly.

Track any and all purchases, including any information and store it without your knowledge.

Report any and all web activity to your local police if you have suspicious searches.

Allow a scan of your computer for any illegal material at all times.

If illegal materials are found, you could end up EXECUTED.

Please spread the word about this horrible bill and stop P.I.S.S.

PISS? Well at least it knows what it is so we don't have to say it. Really now, executed? that can't be true. People will riot if that's the case. What qualifies as illegal or suspicious searches anyways? If this does turn out true then I'd say my accusations of Troll Terrorist Government & Lobbyists are justified.

Edited by Prince Solaris

They'll never stop trying will they?

As long as they can't control it, they'll keep trying to. Ironic, really, as the harder they try the more it'll slip from their grasp.