Awoo.

Stop Online Piracy Act & Protect IP Act

Mega

I hear ACTA is WORLDWIDE!

Didn't believe you until I saw this:

http://www.stopacta.info/

So yeah, ACTA's basically worldwide. Oh God, just when we put SOPA/PIPA to bed THIS comes up. And it's worse. It's not even a bill either so protesting is pointless. ._.

Didn't believe you until I saw this:

http://www.stopacta.info/

So yeah, ACTA's basically worldwide. Oh God, just when we put SOPA/PIPA to bed THIS comes up. And it's worse. It's not even a bill either so protesting is pointless. ._.

...-sigh- This is so tiring. I swear every time I see an acronym I'll go crazy. First it's SOPA/PIPA and now ACTA. Why does everything end in A's?!

Edited by Briaaaah

Just when you think it was over another insidious piece of legislation comes up in its place. *sigh* Looks like I've got to help rally the troops even more then ever. It's just typical of these politicians to play dirty by attaching it to something that's "protection" when it's far from the truth.

Hold up. I just read something interesting about ACTA. It has already been signed for the US.

Not now, but October 2011.

http://www.ustr.gov/acta

It's just the EU that has yet to join in, but they are getting close to signing it.

Hold up. I just read something interesting about ACTA. It has already been signed for the US.

Not now, but October 2011.

http://www.ustr.gov/acta

It's just the EU that has yet to join in, but they are getting close to signing it.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

God damn it no, no, no, no! F*ck ACTA!

I'll do anything to stop that crap, Even if it means having a week to month long blackout. How do we know protesting wont work?! So that's it? We can't do anything about this?! We just wait and see what happens?! Eff that...

Politicians, regardless of how technically inept they are, should realise that people aren't going to be happy with this.

Its one step closer to online anarchy, which will then result in total anarchy as angry progammers and hackers completely rape Governments across the globe.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 2

Politicians, regardless of how technically inept they are, should realise that people aren't going to be happy with this.

Its one step closer to online anarchy, which will then result in total anarchy as angry progammers and hackers completely rape Governments across the globe.

Damn, 2012 is going to be chaos for the world of technology.

You know, I think I'm going to be different and show a little optimism here. Corporations are big problems that will be sorted out eventually when given time, and once the internet takes it's drastic change that's when chaos will erupt. The general public that was so quickly denied some of it's greatest amount of knowledge and freedom will not stand to let this happen. If anything, I see this as being a reprise of Theodore Rossevelt - Woodrow Wilson years where cooporations were quickly curbed down to shadows of their former selves. Complaining about the now is going to keep us going, but hoping for a brighter future will also help. Just have a little faith and keep pushing everyone, it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

• Thumbs Up 2

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Why does every goddamn country and corporation hate my dearest internet. If this passes there will be all kinds of hell, even if I have to bring it all by myself

• Thumbs Up 6

Sigh...

"Honey! Grab my shotgun! Those damn government varmints try'n to steal our internet again!"

• Thumbs Up 4

Poland along with Germany, France and Great Brithain was meant to sign it next week in Tokio. They are still planing to do this but law wont go live untl EU parlament passes it. GOD BLESS EUROPEAN UNION! I mean without tthem we wouldnt be able to do anything.

Honestly, the only way this whole matter can be dealt with IMO is if everyone who supports government corruption or censorship was fired and given no rights whatsoever, or allowed any influence. And before someone tells me that is against "insert obscure law that no one knows about or was made up on the spot": these types of people lost the right to anything as far as I'm concerned when they decided to put themselves on a pedestal above the law.

P.S. This also goes for the government itself.

• Thumbs Up 2

Some people here miss one fact. ACTA is worldwiede agreement that was kept in secret. Its not fault of EU. EU parlament is actually only way we can fight it.

Oh and me and my friends and their and mine fanilies are writting e-mails and phone our representatives in EU parlament.