Awoo.

Stop Online Piracy Act & Protect IP Act

Mega

Polish Prime Minister after lots of discussions in TV, loits of flamewars beetwen politics just went for a meeting with Minister of Digitalisation. They discuss ACTA.

Polish protests worked. How does the situation look in other EU countries?

How does the situation look in other EU countries?

demotivational-poster-17313.jpg

Very grim, I couldn't sleep last night, waking up this morning was like waking up to being part of the 2012 movie.sad.png

I find it funny (Which it's really not) that the Government is trying their hardest to destroy something that we took so long to create. Then again, they've been doing a lot of that lately.

That petition seems to have a good number of signatures already and ample time to reach critical mass. Do we know what Obama's stance on ACTA is?

Obama openly supporting shit like this, and suddenly a White House petition for the stopping of ACTA? Something isn't right here.

Having a lot of hate for ACTA, but pass it anyway to make us lose hope?

I don't know. What I do know is that I just got a bad feeling about this.

Edited by Phantomime

Obama openly supporting shit like this, and suddenly a White House petition for the stopping of ACTA? Something isn't right here.

No, no. The White House and Obama does support the ACTA. That petition was created by a normal registered user (like us) via the White House website. You know you can sign up for an account there and create a petition right?

New page, new (old?) video and why you should be frightened without adding ACTA to your "to shit bricks over" list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tD1yaE0GfQ&feature=player_embedded

Oh shi-. He's right.

As scary and technically true that video is, he should know that the US no longer executes minors. As big of a wet dream it would be for our prison industrial complex to have 25% of the internet jailed, I think we would have huge protest of the US even tried to sue or imprison all those Megaupload users consider how big of a chunk the population is. I certainly don't doubt them trying to extradite some people though.

New page, new (old?) video and why you should be frightened without adding ACTA to your "to shit bricks over" list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tD1yaE0GfQ&feature=player_embedded

Oh shi-. He's right.

I like this video and all (very informative) but this dude is trying too hard to entice fear. Even with our information, the Gov't isn't going to "fine" everyone and everyone on said list, we are not "fucked." Fear tactics can be effective, but shouldn't be used in a case like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO4JwDHZjHA&feature=watch_response

^good response to above quoted video

Edited by LunarEdge

I am going to take this with a pitch of salting seeing as I distrust Alex Jones rhetoric and he is a Republican, but the way things are I don't know. *sighs* unsure.png

Considering we're talking about the slimeball politicians behind this shit, I can't say I find it unlikely. But maybe that's just me being biased.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is like the asteroid shooty bits from Dead Space. The bills keep flying at us, and we keep trying to get them shot down, but we can't keep winning forever - one of these things is eventually going to pass and then it's all down hill from there.

God I hated that part of Dead Space. You keep shooting the asteroids and they split into tiny little pieces...

Also, thanks. Now you have me imagining the Government as that giant Space Slug you have to kill with the Asteroid Blaster that sucking power out of the ship. A strangely coherent analogy there.

Edited by Skyward Dusk
  • Thumbs Up 3