Awoo.

Metal Gear Solid

SuperStingray

Dear. God. I've never been that into Metal Gear, but I want this game.

Should I go back and play the previous ones?

Dear. God. I've never been that into Metal Gear, but I want this game.

Should I go back and play the previous ones?

At the least I would play Peacewalker, since this is a followup to that game. You also might consider MGS1 and maybe 3.

Definitely 3. You'll need it for Peace Walker. Just get the HD collection, it has 2, 3 and Peace Walker.

BTW, Scarface seems to definitely be a certain someone from BB's past

Zardonov

HeclQ.jpg

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

I tried the 3DS demo for 3. It was kinda shitty if I am to be very honest.

I heard it is 10x better with a Circle Pad Pro.

Definitely 3. You'll need it for Peace Walker. Just get the HD collection, it has 2, 3 and Peace Walker.

BTW, Scarface seems to definitely be a certain someone from BB's past

Zardonov

Your so right! They also mention Paz a few times in the trailer. But yeah that is definitely Zardonov.

Be honest... if Kojima had said 'This is a PS4 and Xbox 720 launch title' How many people would have believed him/thought something like Holy shit! The next gen consoles can do that!? Just think, that trailer is using PS3 and Xbox 360 specs. Ok maybe they're a tad touched up since it's a public trailer, but damn, thats what he can do with tech which is getting on for what 6, 7 years old? Think what he can do with a PS4 dev kit!

It's my understanding that at the press conference the game was running on PC. The 8-4 play podcast had a very detailed description of the trailer a few days ago, which by the way, the one they saw included a lot more gameplay including information about it being semi open world.

Pretty ignorant about Metal Gear here, so if someone could answer this, that'd be great:

That's Old Snake that you're playing as, right? I thought his story was over? Or is that Big Boss doing his last mission or something?

this is big boss after the events of mgs peacewalker. It also ties in with mgs5 in some way. the boy shown in the trailer is probably david/solid snake.

The boy in the trailer is Chico. Kojima's translator said so in the video.

I also think Big Bos is younger than we thought. In most of the video his hair is still brown. I think the lighting fooled us, It makes more sense, since going by dialogue it doesn't take place long after Peace Walker. He's still graying, but he's not totally gray.

Oh okay, that's Chico. Knew he looked familiar. But I thought Koijima said David/Snake would have some role in the plot. Peacewalker I know happens after the Les Enfants Terribles Project.(a few years) But Chico is still a child so David and liquid aren't that old. Unless there's some secret ending thing that features Snake.

Did anyone else think of Kid Icarus: Uprising's E3 2010 trailer when Snake said "Kept you waiting, huh?"?

Funny thing is that Chico, who Snake is off to save, and Pit both have the same voice actor, Antony Del Rio.

Pretty ignorant about Metal Gear here, so if someone could answer this, that'd be great:

That's Old Snake that you're playing as, right? I thought his story was over? Or is that Big Boss doing his last mission or something?

In the trailer it is Big Boss (formerly known as code name: Naked Snake).

Solid Snake (Old Snake) was in MGS4 set in 2014 I think.

This game MGS Ground Zero is likely to be set in the Eighties. So is likely a prequel to Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, MGS, MGS2, MGS4.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

Did anyone else think of Kid Icarus: Uprising's E3 2010 trailer when Snake said "Kept you waiting, huh?"?

Funny thing is that Chico, who Snake is off to save, and Pit both have the same voice actor, Antony Del Rio.

Isn't the line from Smash bros originally?

Moved posts to their appropriate topic.

Also the line is originally from Metal Gear Solid 2's Tanker chapter, another way for them to hammer down the whole "oh man I want to play as Solid Snake" point which Kojima ranted about in that ending.

• Thumbs Up 1

... Am I the only person here who is rather tentative about the whole thing? It's yet another trailer composed almost entirely of cutscenes and very little actual gameplay, like so many others this generation. And the various graphical aspects are nothing I haven't seen before this gen, though they were rather nicely put together. You could probably pull this trailer off in CryEngine 3.

It's nice, but it's no Watch_Dogs.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Zardonov

Oh for fucks sake, he's ALIVE?!

Do we have to play hide and seek with him 5 times again? :(

Well, I doubt Snake'll try and recruit him again.

Carbo: Right. Hadn't played MGS 2 in years. Totally forgot about that. Ironically, just started replaying it on the HD collection and heard the line before I read your post.

... Am I the only person here who is rather tentative about the whole thing? It's yet another trailer composed almost entirely of cutscenes and very little actual gameplay,

But otherwise, the thing thats got me interested is that this looks like the first MGS game for a long time which seems to be taking a lot of risks. Typicall there was only ever 1 or 2 ways to reach the specific goal when playing, yeah boss fights could be handled with several ways, but getting to a said location, usually only one 'way' until you were forced with actually taking out groups of bad guys.

This one however, it seems like there are multiple ways to reach your objective. Kojima has shown us Snake can drive now, use anything on the battlefield to reach his goal, this is whats got me interested.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

Wow. I've never even played a MGS game and that looks impressive.

Gamesradar put some more gameplay up. Looks really god IMO:

• Thumbs Up 2